Copyright (c) 2014 by AB Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
AB -- Blogmeister

2009-2010

Ms. H's Thinkers & Bloggers

by AB

teacher: Ms. H

?'s 12/03/09
10/22/09
10/01/09
09/24/09
09/18/09

Article posted December 3, 2009 at 07:56 PM GMT-5 • comment (1) • Reads 72

Hello, people of the blogging world!! Berkeley Breathed

This week I am reading Flawed Dogs By:Berkley Breathed. It is a wonderful read!! Please enjoy this picture of the cover!! I had to come up with 5 detailed questions this week HERE THEY ARE:

1. Does Mrs. Nutbush only want Sam (one of the dogs in the story) because he is worth $180,000 or does she want him because of who he really is?

2. Why does Cassius (the EVIL poodle) trick Sam and make people think he ripped baby Bruno's sweater and his sheets on Bruno's bed when Cassius really did it?

3. Is Mrs. Beagelhole (Cassius' owner) upset that Sam and Heidi won the dog show when she and Cassius didn't? Cassius and Mrs. Beagelhole usally win....

4. What really happend to Heidi's parents? Heidi is an orphan and now lives with her uncle.

5. Why doesn't Cassius like Sam? Maybe because Sam is getting all the attention and Cassius is used to gettin everyones attention.(Just a thought)

Flawed Dogs is a great and intresting story so far.......

Logging Off,

Ab

Article posted October 22, 2009 at 07:11 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 40

Hello Blogers,

It has been a lng time since I blogged. I have finished two books already: The Cupcake Queen and This book is not good for you. Now I finished Diary of a wimpy kid: Dog Days. This week I focused on noticing details. Here are my stop & jots. In this book Greg gets a dog but it doesn't turn outso well. First, I predicted that Rowley's parents were going to go straight home. The details that made me predict that were that Rowley's parent were REALY mad and Greg said that he came home two days early. This was true, the Jefferson's called Greg's dad and he came to pick Greg up from the beach. Next, I was vizualizing Rowley smashing Greg's hand. The details were that Rowley thought it was the muddy hand (from a scary movie that they watched) got scared and started beating it with a mallet. Then, I was connecting to Greg when he was at the beach with Rowley's family and he had to share a bed with Rowley. I have had to share a bed with my sister too, and I did not like it. The details were that none of them wanted to sleep on the floor because of the carpet. Lastley, I infered that Greg wants to go onto Mr. Jefferson's laptop because he hasn't played video games or watched tv ina long time. My details were that, Greg loves to play video games and was planning on spending his whole summer wtching tv and playing video games.

Ab

Article posted October 1, 2009 at 08:20 PM GMT-5 • comment (3) • Reads 42

Dear classmates,

I am reading If your reading this, it's too late. This book is mysterious and surprising. This week I predicted. My first prediction is I think that Cass doesn't want to wake up. My text clues were that she was not getting up when her mother was calling her. My schema is that most people are tierd and sleepy in the morning. Next, I predicted that the magic trick would use 4 kings or 4 Jacks . My text clues were that the trick was called "The four brothers". My schema is most people use kings or jacks as four brothers. This was right they used four jacks.Then, I predicted when Cass and Max-Ernest were hiding in the old bait shop. I predicted that they were hearing Mr. Needleman, their teacher's voice. My text clues were that thay heard a familiar New Zeland accent and Mr.Needleman happend to have one. This prediction was correct. My last prediction was I predicted that Owen was going to be somewere nearby because he is always there with Cass and Max disguised as someone. my schema is that he is always with them so he probably there. This prediction was wrong, turns out Cass and Max-Ernest were tricked and they were stuck on the wrong ship with evil people.

Catch you next time,

AB

Article posted September 24, 2009 at 03:12 PM GMT-5 • comment (1) • Reads 43

Dear Readers,

I have just finished reading Flush By: Carl Hiaasen

It was wonderful; I recommend this book for anyone who enjoys mysteries. This week I focused on predictions. One time I predicted was when Abbey and Noah snuck out while their parents were out. I predicted that when the parents were going to come home that they would start worrying. This prediction was right. Next, I predicted when Noah asked Shelly how she got rid of the guy from the Coast Guard. I predicted that Shelly invited him over and them they started fighting because When Noah and Abbey walked into Shelly’s home they found the guy from the Coast Guard on the floor. This prediction was confirmed. Then I predicted that the colorful postcard was from Grandpa Bobby, who was in South America, because it had a parrot and lots of colors. This prediction was right. That was all of my predictions.

Happy Reading,

A.B   

Article posted September 18, 2009 at 03:00 PM GMT-5 • comment (5) • Reads 43

Dear Readers Everywhere,

I am currently reading Flush By: Carl Hiaasen. I am enjoying it so far. It has an interesting topic. I hope you get to read it.

One of the strategies that I used is visualization for example,

I visualized the man’s hand on Abbey’s shoulder, because the author described it so well. Another time I visualized is when the man got struck by lightning on a perfectly clear and sunny day. Next, I did a lot of predictions. One way I predicted was, I predicted that it was Dusty’s hand who grabbed Abbey’s shoulder. But instead it was really Dusty’s body guard or right hand man. I really liked how Carl Hiaasen wrote this sentence, “I’ve always liked watching the sky drop down like a foamy purple curtain when a summer storm rumbles across Florida Bay.”

‘Till next time,

A.B