Copyright (c) 2014 by Josh S Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Josh S -- Blogmeister

-

We are senior or former students of Puahue School. Some of us want to keep blogging and some of us have moved on to other places in the world, but our blogs remain a record of our learning at primary school.

by Josh S teacher: C Knight

On pumpkin day when it was about 7:00 it was missty thats when we went to get our pumpkin. My dad almost broke his back lifting mine so I thought it was the bigist.When I got to Puahue school I follwed my dad. My dad told Connor's dad and Caleb's dad to come and help. I went inside the hall and put my pumpkin poem on the wall and my orangest in the orangest section. It was judging. I got runner up in the biggest.

Sore ears! What is happening to me? Oh no, it’s thunder. Now it’s lightning.

BOOM!

It struck. Let’s see, okay?

It took out the deck and damaged the phone line and the power pole.

“Look the concrete it is gone. Lucky no one was hurt.”

It smells like smoke and burnt rubber. Look the power lines we know and the cars are blocking the Puahue School bus road and they can’t and I think it will cost $13 000 the door and the sides and the window are all black.

What? An axolotl. What’s that? Another name for it is a Mexican walking fish.

On the 25th of October the Livewires went to the Hamilton Zoological Garden (zoo). The first animal that we saw was a blue headed, long tailed, beautiful peacock. The next thing we saw was the white rhinoceros.

Oh, and if you didn’t watch the zoo show. I’ll tell you what happened, one of the mother rhinoceros’s had a baby.

“Oh no, more birds,” I said.

Mrs Nicholson said, “Whoever sees the first wood pigeon wins.”

“Okay.”

Ali saw the first wood pigeon.

“I win,” she said.

Then we moved on to the monkeys and they were super loud.

By Josh

It was pouring down with rain and I just noticed that Caleb came.

“Look, Caleb’s here,” I said as I ran to the door.

Caleb was a 9 year old boy and he like playing rugby and Josh like playing soccer. Caleb was coming to play for the day. I asked Dad if we could go to ten pin bowling. He said “yes.”

Caleb said, “Where are we going?”

I said, “Sky City”

“Where we went for my birthday?”

“Yes,” I replied.

“Cool.”

“Let’s go then,” said Dad.

“Where are we going again?” Caleb said.

“Sky City,” I said.

“Okay, let’s get in the car. All ready?” Dad yelled.

“Okay,” we said.

So we jumped in the car and went. I could see some people having breakfast. Caleb saw some people too. I knew that no one would be bungy jumping because it is pouring down with rain. We could even hear the hail on the roof.

“It is very annoying,” said Caleb.

Finally we got there. It was really long because it was in Hamilton.

The best part was seeing the peacock and the owls I called Wol and Weeps. I lerned never ever take animil skin

What? A clapometer? What kind of machine is that?

First I thought it is a magic show. But then I saw RESPECT so I now know it is a magic show and respect, courage, consideration, caring and acceptance show.

One of the trick’s was Elgrego lit a pan on fire and put a lid on and took it off again and Zazu came out. Zazu was a green macaw. She had along tail and yellow patches around her eyes.

Then a puppet cheetah called Trustpower Tom. He was a funny cheetah. Elgrego and Tom did a balloon trick when Elgrego said “ready” and when he was just about to blow up the balloon Tom said “ready’ and that carried on to “right” and “okay”.

The Richards family – Mum, Dad, James and Nicola – live in Te Awamutu. James is a 6 year old boy and loves playing games. Nicola is a 10 year old girl who loves going hunting.

One day James and Nicola were playing at the park. They ran past a bush. The bush was a tall, fat bush.

As they passed the bush they heard a hissing sound.

“What was that?” asked James.

Nicola looked at the bush.

“It was that bush. It was hissing,” she said.

“Don’t be silly!” said James. “Bushes don’t hiss.”

“It was hissing. I’ll show you,” said Nicola.

She walked past the bush again.

The bush hissed.

The children looked at each other. They looked at the bush.

James and Nicola walked past the bush again.

“See,” said Nicola.

But what could it be. It could be a swan or even a snake.

James told Mum and Dad while Nicola kept walking past the bush again and again.

Mum and Dad looked at the bush.

“I think it’s a goose,” said Mum.

“Me too,” said Dad.

They looked. It was a goose.

But how. Gooses hiss.

“I never knew that Nicola and James said.

“Duck!” Liam said.

Liam is a nine year old boy and Josh is an eight year old boy and Liam and Josh were stranded in a big tractor tier and the other side was filled with tomatoes and two people were throwing tomatoes at us.

“I’m too young to get hit by a tomato and die,” said Liam.

“Oh shut up. Duck!”

“Run.”

“Where?”

“Shrub.”

“Okay.”

“On my signal – 3, 2, 1, 0, now!”

Liam was a bit faster than me so I ran first. Liam caught up to me and we both ran together.”

“More aliens?”

“No, just people.”

“Okay. But the shadow?”

“Hey, did you and I just forget that we are playing tomato fight?”

“Oh yeah. I think we fell asleep.”

“I do too. So that is really Caleb and Ifor.”

By Josh

Article posted August 12, 2007 at 10:11 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 84

One day a mouse named Geronimo had a house on a road, Logstock Road, where a vicious looking cat called Roxy lived. He needed to cross a maize paddock that was like a maze. Geronimo hasn’t gone through it before but he had to get to his friend’s house and the cat lives in the maize. The maize maze was closed to people and then Geronimo was just about to turn a corner in the maze.

The mouse turned the corner and froze in fear when he saw a large face right in front of him. Two large, yellow eyes stared at him and when he saw long whiskers on each side of the face he realized he was face to face with a cat. That was not a sight the little mouse wanted to see.

Geronimo was smart and slow and Roxy was fast and dumb and maybe, just maybe, he could confuse him and maybe escape. But how? So Geronimo jumped up on a piece of maize and Roxy jumped up and missed Geronimo. Geronimo was running as fast as he could but he was slow. He saw a bush. Geronimo jumped through it. Roxy was too big so she got stuck. Then he ran to his sister’s.

Article posted June 29, 2007 at 02:45 AM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 85

Batteries are very useful things. The things that are powered by batteries are cameras, torches and walkie talkies.

Wind also can produce energy. Solar panels use sun to work then it travels into where it needs to go.

Batteries are made in a factory. Some chemicals are dangerous and some are harmless.

Power stations cost lots and lots of dollars. They also produce lots of energy which travels through power lines to electrical appliances.