Copyright (c) 2014 by Danielle Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Danielle -- Blogmeister

***2010 Class

We are senior or former students of Puahue School. Some of us want to keep blogging and some of us have moved on to other places in the world, but our blogs remain a record of our learning at primary school.

by Danielle

teacher: C Knight

Article posted September 9, 2008 at 01:50 AM GMT0 • comment (3) • Reads 113

My goals are to keep my desk tidy and to be neat.

Article posted September 9, 2008 at 01:45 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 59

Beijing is the capital city of China. The Great Wall of China is the only thing that can be seen from space. In summer it is 30 degrees. People speak Mandarin in China. In winter it’s -4 to 1 degree. China has some air pollution and some factories have shut down because pollution has been causing problems and there are too much cars driving each day. The Olympic Games were hosted in Beijing at the Bird’s Nest. The swimming centre is called the Water Cube. Beijing is the second largest city in China.

Article posted September 8, 2008 at 09:40 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 56

A kangaroo is an animal. It lives in Australia. Kangaroos live in mobs because there is a lot of eyes, ears and noses to keep watch. A kangaroo is a marsupial because a joey lives in its pouch. A joey lives in its mother’s pouch for six months. They joey can do its first jump. Kangaroos sometimes box if a male wants to be boss of the mob. If it is a hot day kangaroos will cool under a tree. Kangaroos move by jumping. A dingo is a kind of dog. It hunts mother kangaroos. Kangaroos are very big and strong. A kangaroo lives in a forest and in the desert. They feed in the morning and early in the night. Kangaroos rest in the middle of the day. Kangaroos are brown and are very soft. A kangaroo keeps its tail behind it when it is running.

Article posted June 2, 2008 at 11:12 PM GMT0 • comment (4) • Reads 57

The next morning Echo went to his friend’s house and Finflip came out to play. Echo thought that they should go and get Flip, Flop and Flower. They went for treasure chest hunting. They wanted to find the biggest treasure chest. They found some shells and they found a little treasure chest. They even found a big sparkly rock. They went for a picnic. Echo found his friend the crab. Echo’s friend the crab had a key in his hand. It was a golden key and the key even had a picture of a treasure chest on it. Echo found a map by the rocks. It said to go by the seaweed and the rocks by the tunnel. They went past the seaweed and the rocks by the tunnel and they found a big treasure chest. In the treasure chest was lots of money and jewellery. The treasure chest was blue, green, pink and red. They took it home and gave it to their mothers. Their mothers asked where they got it. “By the tunnel,” said Echo.

Echo dolphin

Article posted May 28, 2008 at 10:07 PM GMT0 • comment (3) • Reads 55

In the beautiful calm waters of Seashell Bay lived a family of dolphins. Echo was the youngest and the smallest and he was very clever. He likes others and he is friendly. He is blue.

One day Echo went down to the bottom of the waters of Seashell Bay. He met a purple, yellow and green fish. Their names are Flip, Flop and Flower. They went into a tunnel and Echo wanted to go with them. They said yes. So Echo went with them. They found treasure, rocks and seaweed. They had so much fun that they even made a new friend. His name is Sparkle. Sparkle was a very small fish. He was pink and yellow. Then they found some sparkle shells. They even found Echo’s friend the turtle. The turtle’s name is Flip. They came out of the tunnel and played by the seaweed and then they all found shells. They were getting tired so they took their shells home and gave their shells to their mothers.

Article posted May 27, 2008 at 12:36 AM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 73

I am good at doing the morning checklist. My goal is to keep my desk tidy.