Copyright (c) 2014 by CristianDD Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
CristianDD -- Blogmeister

-

Welcome to our 4th grade class! We love receiving comments. Please, if you wish to comment, leave a URL or e-mail address so we can respond back to you.

by CristianDD teacher: Denton Dynamos

Brain pop field trip

By: Cristian

On the  field trip to Brain Pop therer were a lot of things. But my   favorites was the game room. And the thing that was standing out the most to me was how long it takes to make a movie.

On the field trip to Brain Pop there were a lot of things but the game room is my favorite. It is my favorite because it had such cool things. It had a huge TV. With an Xbox connect. It also had candy machines it was so cool.

On the field trip to Brain Pop there were a lot of things but the most surprising thing was how long it took to make a movie . It has a lot of steps from a story board to uploading on to the Brain Pop website. Surprisingly it only takes two and a half weeks when a game takes nine months!.

On the  field trip to Brain Pop there were a lot of cool things

I just read an amazing blog called “ My holiday by Addison ” it was about about her vacation to Thailand she said “it was her absolutely wonderful” and she said she saw a lot of cool things she saw . It reminded me of the time I went to the Bahamas. And inspired me to write this story. When I went to the Bahamas I saw a lot of cool fish. There was a lot of fish. There were sharks, tanks, and a lot of species of fish When I went to the the aquariums I saw sharks. There were many types of sharks ranging from small bamboo sharks to giant 14 foot saw sharks. There many they had huge teeth and some didn't even look like sharks much .Like the bamboo shark looked like a mini nurse shark. There were many aquariums full a fish and my favorite was a secret tank that you had to walk around other tanks and tunnels to get to. It was full of gar fish specifically alligator gar and Florida long nose gar. And piranhas specifically Red belly and Sanchez piranhas. The main tank was HUGE it was full of all different fish. From small one inch dragon goby to twenty foot manta rays. There are a lot of fish tanks. There are many species of fish in Bahamas Sharks, pacu goby, rays and much much more. There are so many species of fish I can't even count them all. There are freshwater fish and saltwater fish. I love the huge selection of fish the Bahamas has. Also I know a lot of fish when I say a lot I mean ALOT of fish species. I think the Bahamas is an amazing place

Article posted April 26, 2012 at 03:55 PM GMT0 • comment (4) • Reads 83

New York

You should come to amazing NEW YORK. You can come to see outstanding Manhattan or watch fantastic Broadway. Those are some of my favorite places to go in New York. You should come to New York.

In Manhattan you can walk and see all the bright lights and places. You can see all the bright signs and my favorite the M&Ms factory. When I went to the M&Ms factory I saw all different shades and colors of M&Ms. You can make a bag of M&Ms of all different colors you didn't even know. Whenever I go to Manhattan I want to go to the M&Ms factory.

In Broadway you can see what I like to say the best plays in the whole wide world. In Broadway you can see plays like my favorite Circus De Sololá and Spider Man.

When I went to Circus De Sololá I saw the best tricks and talents. When I saw Spider Man it was amazing how the glided across the stage.

In conclusion this is why you should come to outstanding NEW YORK.

BUD, NOT BUDDY

BY: Christopher Paul Curtis

Every one needs a family. Every one needs family because family takes care of you, family feeds you, and family loves you.

Every one needs family and family cares for you.

Every one needs a family. Every one needs family because family takes care of you. According to the article Bud Not Buddy Miss Thomas took care of bud like his momma by letting him live with them. Unlike the mean foster home that locked him in a shed. That is how family took care of Bud in the book. 

Every one needs a family. Every one needs family because family feeds you. According to the book Bud Not Buddy the band took bud to the sweet pea diner to eat and bud was very grateful.  And this was how family feed Bud in the book.

In conclusion  every one needs a family. Every one needs family because family loves you. According to the book Bud Not Buddy at the diner bud was crying and Mrs. Thomas was letting bud rest on her. And that made Bud felt loved. Bud ultimily found his family Herman E Calloway and the band. This was like the love from his suit case was coming to life.

And that’s how family loved Bud in the book.

During this book you will find it is real every one needs a family.

By: Cristian

The black tip reef shark is the coolest shark.  It is a small species of shark. Some public aquariums may have one. If you are planning to keep one of these mighty beasts you will need a minimum of 1000 gallons of salt water, that’s a lot of water. You will need to put a teaspoon of salt every 5 gallons. You need to get the salt at your local pet store because regular kitchen salt will contaminate your tank and kill your fish. Nobody wants their fish to die.

Your ph level will have to be 7.7-8.4 or else your shark will stop swimming and eventually die. Due to the fact their very sensitive to water pressure, they should have very little water pressure. Their natural habitat is shallow coral reef. That’s how they got their name - black tip reef shark. The habitat should be in clear water black tips hate cloudy water. That’s like a really foggy day for us.

The black tip reef shark has a maximum size of 6 feet. The world record was 6.6 feet in length from.  From pup to adult they grow 5.cm each month. They should weigh around 100 pounds at full size. The black tip reef sharks have torpedo shaped bodies with a dorsal fin. On the top of the dorsal fin there is a black tip like in the name black tip reef shark.   An anal fin, bottom fins to help them steer and not tip over, if the family carcharhiniforms tips over the will die, the black tip is in this family. 5 gill slots, a mouth full of razor sharp teeth, a low broad head, alert eyes, and a caudal fin or a tail fin

The black tip reef shark has a powerful bite of 30 square pounds or more that hurts. They feed on crustaceans, fish, squid, sea snakes, sea birds and cephalopods. Larger sharks such as great white sharks, swell sharks and the endangered close to extinct mako shark will often eat them. Black tips are quick sharks and will sometimes eat dead fish on the bottom of the sea. That’s how they can work in the food chain.
EN">Submerged swimmers are less likely to be bitten by the black tip reef shark than
 waders (waders-a type of bird)

mso-ansi-language:EN">    Black tips are found in the Pacific Ocean, coral reefs and sometimes in brackish fresh water if the are wandering

mso-ansi-language:EN">. Black tip are not considered endangered but there are many fisherman who get false hooks and end up either letting the shark go or making shar

mso-ansi-language:EN">k fin soup. Other people go to exotic places and go scuba diving with the sharks. Some people make creams and lotions out
of the shark. They use the blubber and guts.

Mating season for the Black tip reef shark is during warm weather, so the babies can survive. The moms usually have 2-5 eggs usually all the eggs would survive. Unlike almost all fish, shark young swim on the bottom so the mom will know if they’re there. They usually stay in pack of 10 or more sharks so the will most of the time live with there young all there live. Not many fish actually do this

Black tip reef sharks should live at temperatures of 76- 78 degrees Fahrenheit. When a Black Tip dies it sinks to the bottom of the ocean floor and is often eaten by Bottom Dweller Sharks, or it would be eaten by a black or white tip Reef Shark. That’s the saddest part of their life.

“That’s such a sad sight boo hoo!!!!!”- Cristian

Article posted November 17, 2011 at 01:48 AM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 131

ndreds of centuries ago panthers lived in Long Island. We destroyed there habitat when pilgrims came. that made a huge in the food web here . One change in the food web makes a huge difference that rued  the habitat.The reason why their  is no more panthers is all because they humans.We killed them we destroyed there had no were to live . The lucky panthers were baffled and scared about  us and swam off.Since they left and died there is alot of deer that made a huge difference in the food web. Because they grass lives on the sun and deer lived on grass and panthers ate deer .Because of that over population of deer we now have a hunting season for deer .If panthers were here we would have more grass because there would be less deer and we would not have a deer hunting season.I think we could still of lived with panthers if a brave group of people domesticated them. Now us the human race know learned that we should never of messed with the food web or ever will.

BY:Cristian

Panthers don't live here any more because we settled here and and

We killed them because they were a threat to us.

if we didn't kill panthers  there be a normal to small population of deer. We

would have more grass also.

I think we could of still lived with panthers .If some one stared to

domesticate them only if a brave amount of people  risked there lives to do

it.

“You better go on the Double Barrel Drop!” Nicole yelled at me.

My family and I were at The Great Wolf Lodge with a couple of friends. My sisters and our friend Nicole and I were at the Double Barrel Drop.  I was scared but I didn't tell anyone. I asked my sisters, “Are you sure we should go on?”

Ashley said, “Yeah it’s fun!”

I was thinking to myself when we were walking up the stairs, “It’s going to be fun.  It’s going to be fun.  It’s going to be fun.”

I kept climbing up the stairs until we got to the top. I kept on looking down the stairs to see how high we were.   My heart was beating like crazy. We finally reached the top of the ride.   I tried to turn around but Nicole wouldn't let me.  When I tried to go down, Nicole wouldn't let me. The guy opened the chain.  Then he said, “You could come on now”.

Then Nicole pushed me on and she went on and the guy pushed us down. The raft was

moving up and down in the water. Then we went flying down the slide tunnel.  Then when we hit the barrel, I went flying. I started screaming and we almost  flipped. Then we started going lower.  Then we went back into the tunnel and we went flying.  Then we hit the other barrel and it was worse. It was bigger, faster, and longer.  We went flying.  When we were in it, we kept on going up and down and up and down.  We went down the tunnel and I saw the end.  That’s when I realized it was soooo fun.  I asked Nicole if we can go again .

BY:Cristian

THE END

Article posted September 22, 2011 at 07:54 PM GMT0 • comment (4) • Reads 137

Seven Random Things

The important thing about Cristian is that he loves sports.

He likes playing football with his friends.

He plays baseball on a team.

And he enjoys lacrosse.

He has two dogs Buddy and Oreo.

He has two sister’s Ashley and Lauren.

Yes it is true that he enjoys riding his bike on his ramp

But the important thing about Cristian is that he likes sports.

By Cristian Vicente.

Article posted September 14, 2011 at 07:13 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 149

In September we made goals with Mrs.Parisi some of us achieved those goals and some of us did not.

My original goals were to be a neater writer and to be a better reader and to be a better mathematician. I believe I reached my goal in in reading. I moved up levels since the beginning of the year. I made this goal by reading every night. I almost made my goal in writing. I learned how to write neat but I could still use a little work.I believe I made my goal about math. I have never failed one mastering math fact this whole year!

I'm still working on waking up early. I really need to get an alarm clock but my mom has been waking me up early.

I don't have any new goals. I'm gonna focus on waking up early.  

I became better at math by doing math questions and going on manga high. This is a site that gives you math games and you get to play. There are also challenges and you can either get a gold a silver a bronze or nothing.

I became a better reader by reading every night and sometimes i will read a level ahead of me so I can become better reader.

By Cristian