Copyright (c) 2014 by SivaDD Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
SivaDD -- Blogmeister

Denton Dynamos 2011-2012

Welcome to our 4th grade class! We love receiving comments. Please, if you wish to comment, leave a URL or e-mail address so we can respond back to you.

by SivaDD

teacher: Denton Dynamos

When I went to the Brain Pop head quarters in Manhattan for a feild trip,  I was very ecstatic when we got to draw on our own storyboard. That was my favorite part of the trip because it was like making a movie just with no motions. I also liked the game room and meeting the person who created the motions for the game called Food Fight. But  I liked making my own story board the best.

Even though my favorite part of Brain Pop was making my own storyboard that is not my most surprising part of Brain Pop. When I went to Brain Pop my most suprising part was knowing that the person who does Tim’s voice in Brain Pop lives in Hawaii. It was very surprising to know that the Brain Pop head quarter is not only in New York but also, there is one in Hawaii. That probably means that he works there.

Brain Pop was an awesome place and I really want to go there again. Maybe next time I can find out different facts about Brain Pop. I would learn more facts and eventualy I will be an expert and when I grow up I could work for Brain Pop. I really liked going to Brain Pop with my class.

I just read Hey Alliens! Check us out! by Matt. I loved reading Matts blog. It reminded me of a time When I was 5 years old. I thought the tooth fairy was real. One day, the night I put my tooth under my bed. I wrote a letter to the tooth fairy telleing it exactly what I wanted. It would also help the Tooth fairy with her spelling. I wanted a toy car for my collection. But than I wondered If the tooth fairy was evil. “There is only one way to find out,” I said as I closed my eyes and fell asleep. This storie reminded me of Matts blog becouse of the mythical creature and writing notes to them. I also really liked the way Matt said in his blog, “we can send them a dictionary that translates our language”. “They can be educated on how we talk so they can understand us”. So I figured I should tell how I wrote a letter to the tooth fairy telling it exactly what I wanted. It would also help the fairy with her grammer. If she is evil at least she would not aniolate me because I helped her with her grammer. I really liked Matts Blog because it gave me a good idea how he would write to aliens on another planet.

Article posted April 25, 2012 at 04:52 PM GMT0 • comment (4) • Reads 122

There are many cities in the world but in my opinion, New York City is the best. In New York City you can spend your time at the marvelous Washington Square Park. You can also visit the mesmerizing Statue Of Liberty. Or if you really like heights, you can test yourself on the enormous Empire State Building.It will seem like you are on top of the world. If something bad happens today something good will happen tomorrow in the unbelievable New York City.

Out of all the places listed in the above paragraph, my favorite place is the Washington Square Park. My family goes and hangs out at the park a lot, especially in the summer. One summer evening, we heard a band play in the park that had really good trumpet players. These trumpet players inspired me to play the trumpet. You can also play on the playground or swing on the swings. They also have a huge water fountain where I remember playing with my little brother and cousin.

In Greenwich, very close to the Washington Square Park you can also play basketball at the famous basketball court also known as the West 4th Street Court or “The Cage”. It is a very popular court where local basketball players have tournaments and NBA basketball players go to practice during the summer. This attracts a lot of people in that area. Who would not like to go to this famous court and try their luck in basketball?

My dad’s favorite restaurant is right next to the Washington Square Park. It is called “Pluck U”. My dad loves this restaurant because he used to eat there when he was a student at New York University. He loves their special blue cheese white sauce. When we have family visit us, we always bring them to Pluck U. My brother and I always get their chicken fingers with ketchup. And my dad always tells us that we are missing out by not eating their special blue cheese sauce. You see, my brother and I really dislike that sauce.

Last of all, what’s great about the Washington Square Park is the beautiful Washington Square Arch. From one side of this arch, you can see the Empire State building, and from the other side, you can see the September 11 Memorial. I love to look at the September 11 Memorial because it reminds me of the innocent people who died because of the terrorist attack at the World Trade Center. When I think about them, I sometimes say a prayer for them and think how blessed I am to be with my family.

If you ever plan on going to New York City, you will not be disappointed if you go to my favorite place, the Washington Square Park.

Article posted March 22, 2012 at 02:08 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 237

Bud Not, Buddy

Family cares for you. In the book Bud Not, Buddy Bud loves his mom. He loves his mom because she is part of Buds family. Another reason why Bud loves his mom is because she was always nice to him and always kept him safe. The last reason why Bud loves his mom is because she knew who he is.

Bud loves his mom. Bud loves his mom because she is part of his family. If Buds dad would of married someone else than his mom would just be a reguler lady. I dont think any mom could replace his mom because Bud loves her. In the book it said his mom was the thing that he loved most.Bud has lots of memories from his mom. One of the memories Bud holds is his suitcase are flyers that his mom kept. This is why Bud loves his mom.

Bud loves his mom.Bud loves his mom because she was nice to him and always kept him safe.Later on in the book Bud was sent to a foster home and live with the Amos family. M.r and Mrs .Amos had a son named Tod Amos. Tod was a big bully he was very mean to Bud.According to the Book Bud Not, Buddy. Bud hated it their. He knew no one could replace his his family. The Amoses put Bud in Their shed to sleep in because he punched Tod. The shed had a hornet in it so he desided toclime out and run away because the Amoses were treating him way to bad.

Bud loves his mom. Bud loves his mom because she knows who she is. Once again if Buds dad would of married someone else she would have been a ordanary person that Bud would not care about. At the end of the book Bud has a mission to search for his dad in Grand Rappids But instead he ends up with a very famouse band called the Dusky Devastaders were he finally finds out that one of the members is his gandfather.

This is how familys care for you.

Bud,Not Buddy

In the book, Bud,Not Buddy By Christopher Paul Curtis, Bud the main character struggles in many ways. Buds loved his mother but later she passes away. Now all Bud has left is his suitcase. It is one of the most important things in his life because it contains some of the stuff that his mom used when she was his age. Bud remembers his mom because she was the most important person in his life. He remembered her as one of the niceist people he ever met in his whole life.Once his mom had died he was forced to stay at a foster home, at the foster home the people there treated him very bad. He lived with the Amoses Family. Bud, soon met Tod Amos. He was Mr.Amos and Mrs.Amoses son. Bud left his foster home because he hated it there people were so mean to him. Later on in the book Bud finds his Father, Herman E Coldwell , but he soon finds out that Herman is not his father he is Buds grandpa.

Snakes By Siva

Snakes are very strong creatures. Most snakes like the king cobra live in big forests while other snakes live under rocks, rivers, grasslands, caves and deep holes. One of the snakes that live in holes are Desert snakes. A snake can swallow animals whole. Isn’t that cool? A snake can eat insects,crayfish,fish dead birds and many more. Other animals eat snakes such as hawks, owls,honey badger,baboon and a lot more. Sadly the biggest predater of snakes are humans. No living thing has killed snakes more times than humans. Now only rattle snakes live in North America. If we kill all the rattle snakes that will be a huge problem. If that happens then that would mean every were you look there will be insects. This is why we cant hunt snakes.

Article posted November 22, 2011 at 12:53 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 185

Most panthers live in jungles of South and Central America. A panther’s food web includes pigs, plants, sun, tiger and human. Plants need sun to grow. Pigs and humans eat plants. Panthers can kill humans and pigs. Tigers can kill panthers, humans and pigs. The reason that there are no longer panthers on long island is because the panthers used to kill the humans so to protect themselves, humans started killing panthers. Now humans can live in forests and camp there. The effect of no panthers is on animals that eat panthers, such as a tigers. Tigers might get instinct because they won’t have food to grow and live. Tigers will not become instinct if panthers are still around.

By Siva

Article posted October 27, 2011 at 02:34 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 191

The Time I Tied The Record

Why can’t I break the pitching speed record I said? I threw the ball. Oh! so close somebody said.  I still couldn't break the record.  I was so disappointed. There were so many children who were cheering me on.  This made me a little nervous. I tried one more time. I was one mile away from breaking the fastest pitch record. The junior record was 47 miles per hour. Then I had lunch. I thought about it and had an idea. I figured it out.  All I had to do was to throw the ball as fast as I can.  Finally, the third time I tried, I threw the ball as fast as I could.  Guess what, I was able to tie the record. I threw the ball 47 miles per hour.

I was very happy to throw a fast ball but I was most happy to do my best and to keep trying.

By Siva

Article posted September 23, 2011 at 02:27 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 194

The Important Thing About Siva

The important thing about  Siva is that he loves baseball.

He also loves basketball.

He has a pet turtle.

He also has a pet gerbil.

Yes its true that he loves his family.

He really has a nice brother.

He also loves swimming.

But the important thing about Siva is that he loves baseball.

Article posted September 14, 2011 at 08:02 PM GMT0 • comment (5) • Reads 197

My Hopes And Dreams

I will work as hard as I could to accomplish my goals. One of my hopes and dreams is to be a better reader. I will read when I wake up and when I am going to bed. Another one of my hopes and dreams is to be a better writer. I will double check my work when I am done. I will also try to write as neatly as I can. My third hopes and dreams is

to finish my food at lunch I plan on achieving my goals so I can be a better student.

By Siva