Welcome to our 4th grade class! We love receiving comments. Please, if you wish to comment, leave a URL or e-mail address so we can respond back to you.

teacher: Denton Dynamos

Poem for Graduation! 06/15/09
Hopes and Dreams, Again! 06/09/09
Joke Contest 05/06/09
Newspaper 05/01/09
Earth Day Reflections 04/28/09
Al Capone Does My Shirts 04/27/09
Science Presintation 03/26/09
What is happening around the world. 03/16/09
Blog Tips! 03/02/09
Technology class! 02/11/09

Here iis a poem I made for graduation!

Today is the day I will change my mind,

and leave all the negative things behind.

Today is the day I want to be free,

and not let life troubles get to me.

Today is the day I will do my best,

and make sure I focus to past each day's test.

Today is the day I will take a stand,

and choose to do right to my fellow man.

Today is the day I will put my foot down,

and encourage myself when I feel I want to frown.

Today is the day, no longer will I doubt

in spite of the grumblers who stand about.

You look at me and ask "How will you start?",

"Well, first there must be a change in my heart".

I will hang with new friends who want to achieve,

and who want a good education cause that's what I believe.

I will respect those around me, young and old,

for respect is the key, that's what I've been told.

I will demand excellence you see,

for I must insist to become a better me.

I will reach for the stars no matter how hard it seems,

and fly like a bird with the knowledge this journey brings.

So you see it's not impossible, I must take life day by day

and do the right things as I travel along the way!

Well, the end of the school year. 5th grade was a great year, but let’s look back at the beginning of the year. 10 months ago I was a 4th grader coming into 5th grade and I was in for one heck of a ride!

In the beginning of the year I wanted to become a better reader. I think that was very overt. In my first Hopes andDreams I quoted “I think to be a better reader I need to read more. That's one thing I want to work on.”  I went to a level R to a Level W. That is 5 levels! I think I improved a lot in my reading because I am reading more, I am getting a higher reading level and I understand more of the books I read. In the first couple months of 5th grade, I had an issue reading some books because some the words were very hard. The issue was the books I was reading were not on my reading level.

Also I quoted in my second Hopes and Dreams “another goal I want to set is to become better at math because I think I am doing badly at math and I want to get better at it. To do this I will do more addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.” I achieved my goal by doing more math problems, trying to work harder on my math homework and study more math. I think I am doing great.

Some of my goals for moving to the Middle School are to try to get more organized. It is crucial to be organized. My desk is like a pig sty! I will accomplish this goal is that I am going put my folders and text books in my locker and when I need any of the folders or books I will just take them out of my locker. Also the bottom of my locker will have the books and folders and the top will have anything else I might need for any of the subjects in school. I think that would be good for me.

Another goal that I want to achieve in the middle school is trying to get straight A’s. To achieve this I will need to try my best, study very hard, listen to the teacher, and do a lot of extra credit! I will also need to always pay attention and try 110%. This is a very hard goal it is almost tangible, but if I try my best I think I can accomplish my goal.

It is almost the end of elementary school, but I have a long way to go. I adored the 5th grade and I will adore the middle school, too.

Article posted May 6, 2009 at 05:53 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 52

The best joke on a comment on this blog will be named the best joke!

Article posted May 1, 2009 at 03:35 PM GMT • comment (3) • Reads 57

Wow! Earth Day this year was the best one ever! Our class participated in a 24 hour Earthcast. An Earthcast is a podcast about what can we do to the earth. My class probably had so much fun and also the teachers had fun, too. There was even a live blog. That is where you leave comments and conversations about what is going on.

Me and my friend 14 Jets N Mets worked on recycling non-reachable batteries. We used a lot of info and we answered someone’s question from a different class, (Where can you recycle batteries?) People don’t think it is serious, but it is very serious. From my prospective, I think our podcast went fantastic. We had a lot of information and we knew the answer to and unexpected question. We once had a different project and our teacher ask us a question and we worked on this project for a week and we couldn’t answer the question. We worked on this for a day and a half and we knew so much about this topic and so did everyone else.

I and 14 Jets N Mets must likely feel the same way about this that people don’t care about recycling batteries, but they are all over recycling paper and plastic. Isn’t that odd? It is not bad to recycle paper and plastic, but you can also care as much as that about recycling batteries. Recycling batteries are just as important as recycling paper and plastic! I think I and some other people should talk to our school and friends about recycling batteries and as I know of, it is very simple. You just need to take your batteries that ran out of oil and bring them to a near by Staples store or a near by recycling plant, that recycles batteries. That is pretty easy on my point of view. I would like people to start recycling non-rechargeable batteries! It is important to save batteries because what happens if the world runs out of batteries and if you need to use batteries to make something work and there is no more batteries?

You should bother to recycle batteries because if you recycle you are not releasing heavy metals into the landfill and in the air that we breathe in. Don’t you want to live in a cleaner planet, don’t you? Another reason you should recycle batteries is that if you don’t recycle batteries, you are pretty much taking all of this metal and mercury in these batteries and throwing them all of the air and the land that people use. You can die if you breathe in to much metal and get heart and lung cancer. You don’t want to die, do you? My last reason that you should recycle is because if you don’t, every year we are going to have to make up all the resources for 3 billion batteries a year because that is how much America makes a year. We can possibly run out of all of this stuff and not have it.

Well, I hope you can put what I have told you and that you will put some of my tips in action.

Sources

Article posted April 27, 2009 at 04:45 PM GMT • comment (28) • Reads 61

This is our first week that we are reading our book in reading goups called "Al Capone Does My Shirts." This book is historic fiction. You need to put on the blog at least 3 comments and at least 4 writings in your notebook. You need to read up to page 54. This is due 5/5/09. Hope you do what you are expected.

In our school saw a presentation from the liberty science corp. (which is a part of the Franklin institute.) They showed us potential and kinetic energy, showing us examples of heat, light, electric and sound energy. It was very fun to watch and I loved to see it again.

I was taught a lot from mikey (the man who taught us this.) One thing that I learned is a balloon can stick to your head is cause a positive and positive and one positive is a balloon it will stick and make your hair move. I thought that was very interesting. Another I learned is if you touch chemical filled paper with a match, it will disintegrate in the air. Isn’t that cool? That happened because when a chemical hits fire, it will disappear. I have never seen any thing that can do that. I was astonished! If you saw this you would be mind-blown! 

There are a lot of thing I can teach others. I can teach others what potential and kinetic energy is? I would tell who ever I am telling kinetic energy is motion (waves and atoms) and potential energy is stored energy. I would make an experiment to show like a basketball falling for kinetic and a kazoo for potential. Another thing I would teach someone is why does a balloon stick to your head? It sticks to your head because ...the balloons get charged with electrons from the head. I would connect a balloon to someone’s head a show them how that happens and why it does. I would think it would be tremendous.

Mikey taught us science in a very fun way. He was very funny, (he would make jokes in the middle of an experiment.) He would also do very fun experiments such as blowing up a balloon (with a lit match and it popped) and set fire a piece of chemical paper (to show that is will vanish.) He was hilarious and he was showing us science like I have never thought about it before!

The most surprising part of the presentation was when he blew up the balloon because it was very cool, it was loud, and it was very surprising. If blew up in flames and made a HUGE noise! I was clapping like crazy. If you were there you would think the same way I did about this experiment.

That was a very ideal thing for me when he came. If you were there you would be amazed.

Article posted March 16, 2009 at 10:44 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 73

here is a video about Bernie Madoff's ponzi scheme!

http://www.youtube.com/v/iZO5gVtza2Q&hl=en&fs=1"> name="allowFullScreen" value="true">

http://www.youtube.com/v/iZO5gVtza2Q&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295">

What was this guy thinking? Bernie Madoff was arrested for stealing 65 Billion dollars from people that just wanted to buy stock. This guy must be a very bad man because he stole from people and that is so much money. Try to think how many people it took to make that much money.

This is called a ponzi scheme. A ponzi scheme is when you steal people’s money in stock, but you give very little money to very little people. Let me tell you what happened to him to make him go to jail.

Bernie Madoff always was hungry for money. So, one day he told people that he would put there money for stocks and that is what people thought, so they gave him there money. Before this all happened he worked on Wall Street to do what he was supposed to do (give people stocks with there money and not use there money on something else.) Bernie used his cleverness is a very bad way. After the police found out and went after old Bernie Maddoff.

Bernie is 70 years old. They wonder whether good old Bernie Maddoff might have stolen simply for the fun of it. Most people think he did it because he thought he wouldn’t get caught because he did this to elderly men and woman. He also did this to a lot of charities. That is just not a good thing, it is very bad.

Bernie, a couple days ago had to face a trial. Investigators found out that Bernie’s wife (Ruth Madoff) was holding 814 million dollars from Bernie Madoff (her husband.) people want to know if they are going to keep all of the fancy cars and awesome apartment. People also found out he owns four homes, a private jet, and a Steinway Grand Piano. He will be going to jail. He is going to jail for pretty much the rest of his life.

Bernie did a very bad thing that no one should ever do. That is news about what is happening.

Did you always want to know how to make your blog look amazing? Well, now you can because you are tuned in for Blog Tips class. We are doing this because it will make your blog look marvelous.

If you have a classblogmeister blog (which is this one) you can change the Background. I just recently change mine. One reason you should change the background is it will make your blog look better than it was when you did not change the background. Another reason you would want to change the background is it might attracted more people to come to you blog! My preferred or most liked reason is that you can choose your favorite colors as the background. That is what I did to my already tremendous blog.

Another thing you can do is get an interesting game on your blog. You can get the games from all different sites such as Google gadgets, miniclips.com/games/en, and so many more. Games make your blog look like a cooler and newer place and it is more fun to be on your blog. You just need to copy the code and put it in a article and BAM, you are done! Another reason this is good for your blog is that it is easy to put it on your blog.

My last thing that I really think is cool to put on your blog is a voki or an xtra normal video. A voki is a talking avatar and an xtra normal video is an animated movie or short film. One reason you should have those things on your blog because the make it look more interesting. Another reason is it is a great way to get comments. My last reason is I think those things are very spectacular.

Did you always want to know how to make your blog look amazing? Well, know you know. If you put these tips in action, you will have a great blog.

Welcome to technology teaching class with 20 Giant Fan. You’re going to learn about how to use technology to make it more helpful for the students to learn and so much more fun than a boring textbook.

One ideal type of technology you can use is a live blog. A live blog is a small section of a website and people can type in a comment and have a discussion about a topic. In a school case it would be a school subject. Kids would type about the school subject that is being discussed. For instance, my teacher made on for learning about westward expansion and one my prospective I think it was fun and it helped me learn about that subject more than a boring textbook.  A live blog is easier fir me to learn and it is so joyful to use.

Another type of technology that is an interesting way of learning is skyping. Skyping is a type of a video chat that lets you converse with other people around the globe. In class we did so many skype calls I can not even count them.  My ideal skype call was a call that we did with two classes and we learned about the two politicians Obama and McCain, plus they had to do a pretend debate and our class was the moderators and we learned a lot and had so mush fun! A skype you can learn a lot from and have so much excitement. As a learner skype was the most pleasurable way to learn for me!

A type of technology that would help you with your math skills is a computer game called math blaster. In this game you have to solve math problems and the more answers you get you get more points for your rocket to fly. It is good learning and it is my favorite educational game! You just need to download it on your laptop or computer and there is a learning and fun math game. As a learner I think this technology is fun and it helps me a lot in math.

This type of technology that is on a computer is not a wiki, but a blog. A blog is what you are reading right now. A blog is a website and/or a part of a site that you can read peoples writing and sometimes like mine they have other things on it like voki’s and movies. This would be helpful in your classroom because people can show others there writing and it would give an elevated grade because it is like the students on website and they control there part. This blog is helpful, fun to use, and helps me a lot In my writing grade and my reading grade, also.

So, I had a great time working with who ever is reading. Stay watching because I will teach you more!