Copyright (c) 2014 by Garrett F Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Garrett F -- Blogmeister

prodesse non nocere-

What an amazing journey we are on, discovering all the ways technology can help us to learn more, share more, and become more. There is something new and exciting around every bend.

by Garrett F teacher: Mrs. Ruffing
Mon Projet de Pays 05/15/13
The Infographic I Created 04/03/13
The Roller Coaster Project 04/17/12
Down Syndrome Day 03/24/12
The Hunger Games Review 03/23/12
Fitness Results - Grade 2- Shuttlerun 03/06/12
My Glog on the Egyptian Goddes Bastet 01/10/12
Interview With Tutankhamen 12/19/11
Card Master 11/12/11
Down Syndrome Awerness Month 11/01/11
J.K Rowling 2 11/01/11
The Son of Neptune Review 10/10/11
7 Random Facts 09/27/11
Another Deathly Hallows Show 07/25/11
J.k Rowling 07/23/11
The Midnight Show 07/15/11
Oswald the Lucky Rabbit 06/16/11
Percy Jackson Quz Answers 05/29/11
Harry Potter and Popeii exhibits 05/26/11
Glee Club charity concert 05/17/11
The royal wedding 05/10/11
Constitution Post 5 - The Amendments 05/10/11
Constitution Post 4 - The Seven Articles 05/10/11
Constitution Post 3 - Three Principles 05/09/11
Constitution Post 2 The Viginia Plan 05/02/11
Constitution Post 1- The Articles of Confederation 04/18/11
Percy Jackson Quiz 03/24/11
Best Gamer Review 03/13/11
Gilligan's Isle (the tv show) 03/12/11
Singing for the Iron Pigs 03/11/11
Japan's Animations 03/02/11
My Glog On Grasslands 02/28/11
Liam the Leprechaun 01/20/11
Donkey Kong 01/18/11
Smoking Unit 01/10/11
Wolf, President, Author,Digital pet. 12/16/10
Annoying Orange 11/13/10
Our Championchip Game 11/08/10
The Think, Talk, Take Action! Kit 10/25/10
new year 09/27/10
anniversary 09/12/10
summertime is almost here 05/30/10
How my brothers birthday went 01/30/10
The Three Best Things About My School 01/27/10
my brother 01/23/10
my faveorite football team 01/20/10
one good year 01/19/10
best chance at the playoffs 01/19/10
A good season for the eagles 01/16/10
My faveorite soccer team 12/29/09
my faveorite baseball 12/22/09
my faveorite astronomer 12/20/09
my Thanksgiving traditions 12/18/09
My favorite phisisit 12/17/09
my faveorit soccer player 12/16/09
My Christmas tradition 12/16/09
Bloging sites 10/14/09

Article posted May 15, 2013 at 02:08 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 50

Recently my class recieved an assignment to research a European country. I recieved the country of France. I learned many things I didn't know before. Did you know that traditionaly when a husband and wife get married they behead a bottle of wine with a saber? 

Article posted April 3, 2013 at 01:16 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 33

In the last couple of weeks my class and I have been working on creating infographics. It started when we were given a grade in our school to survey. I was given second grade to survey. I used "Google forms' while i was creating my survey. I did not encounter that many problems while I was creating my survey. The only problem I encountered was a lack of questions I thought I could ask. You can find my survey here.

We created the infographic itself by creating slides on PowerPoint, saving them as jpegs, and adding them to a PowerPoint that we adjusted so that all of the slides could fit on at once.  We used the CARP principles. The CARP principals are contrast, alignment, repition, and proximity. Infographics are helpful because they help relay information in visual form so people who are more visual learners (like me) can learn information in a way that better suits them. Creating an infographic was very fun and given the opportunity I would do it again. You can view my full size infographic click the infographic displayed.

Article posted April 17, 2012 at 10:27 AM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 34

My class just finished the scream machine project for science.  The purpose was to learn how forces act on a sucsessful roller coaster .  We had to study the effects of the forces of friction, inertia, and speed.  The project was very educational. I learned how hard it is to build a sucsessful roller coaster.  Newton's laws play a big part in the making of a roller coaster. The first law of motion says that an object at rest remains at rest and an object in motion tends to stay in motion unless an outside force blocks it. The first law is also called the law of  inertia  (remember that term).  Newton's second law states that if a larger net force is applied an objects acceleration increases. The third law states that when a object hits another object the object hit exerts the same amount of force on the object that hit it.

There were four roles each with a different job. There was a Physisist, Design Enginer, Lawyer, and Historian. I was the Physisist. My job was to study the effect of Newton's Laws on a roller coaster. The purpose was of the Historian was to study the history of roller coasters( where the first one was, how they started etc.).  The Design Enginer had to study how roller coaster designs have changed. The Lawyer  had to study the rules and regulations of the roller coaster.

The outcome of my coasters were one failure and one success.

This one is my failure. It failed because it had too much Kinetic energy

This one is my success. It worked because it had the perfect amount of kinetic energy and Potential energy.

The team's final name for the coaster was Immortality.  The website we used was The National Geographic Jason Project coaster creator.

Article posted March 24, 2012 at 06:51 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 34

Three days ago it was Down syndrome awareness day. If you remember my last post about Down syndrome you know I have a brother with it. March 21st is the awareness day because it is the twenty-first day of the third month and people with Down syndrome have a third copy of the twenty first chromosome. The official name is trisomy twenty-one. Down syndrome was discovered in 1866. Down syndrome is a chromosomal irregularity where instead of 46 chromosomes you have 47. Sometimes doctors can tell a baby has Down syndrome before it is born. It usually takes a child with Down syndrome a little longer to learn but they can graduate just the same. People with Down syndrome are especially compassionate but if you think they don't have a mean bone in their body you haven't seen them when they're angry.

Article posted March 23, 2012 at 08:03 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 36

Well I just got home from a showing of The Hunger Games and IT WAS INCREDIBLE. The movie was incredible with outstanding performances by the entier cast mostly the lead roles of Katniss, Peeta, and Gale. The sets and designs were especially outsanding . I loved the way that at certain parts of the movie it showed it from their point of view. The film was outstandingly like the book and there isn't enough good words to describe it. The entire performance was amazing with intense action and surprises. It was outstanding movie on Gary Ross's part. I think it really helped that the author of the book was one of the screenplay team but I'm sure it would have lived up to my expectations anyway. Out of five stars it got ten(because it was that good). I would recommend it to anyone over the age of 11 because it is really violent. All in all it was incredible. I am especially looking forward to the Sequal "Catching Fire". If you want to read the books first I can understand but one thing I have to say about that is clear out the next two weeks of your life because you will not be able to put them down.

Article posted March 6, 2012 at 11:30 AM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 38

During this school year our students in grades 2 through 8 completed the President's Fitness Challenge. We took part in a variety of physical endurance tests. The sixth grade students charted the results for each event and grade. Here are the results of the Shuttle Run for grade 2. As you can see from the chart below, 10 or 31% of the second graders achieved Presidential Level, 15 or 47% of the second graders achieved National Level, and 7 or 22% of the second graders were at Participant Level.

Description of the Event

Qualifying Scores

Article posted January 10, 2012 at 11:06 AM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 37

I was assigned the Egyptian goddes Bastet, the goddes of cats and the sun. The class had to write the glogs to learn about the Egyptian gods and goddesses. We are learning about Ancient Egypt in social studies and this glog was to learn about their culture. To view my glog full size click here.

Article posted December 19, 2011 at 02:04 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 35

The following is a transcript of the interview of King Tutankhamen and GF.

GF: Well King Tutankhamen make your self comfortable. May I please ask you a couple of questions

King tut: Thank  you I have Such a kink in the neck after a couple thousand years. Of course. You may ask away.

GF: I have heard you had a slightly clubbed foot and you needed a cane to walk.Can you clear up any misinformation about your health?

King Tut:  My foot was slightly clubbed.  My health was not perfect. The fact that my parents were siblings may hve contributed to this.

GF:  Is the curse you suposedly  put on the tomb real or fake?

King Tut: There is no curse! Lord Canarvon the person who funded the exploration  had gotten amosquitto bite the day before he entered and he worsened it as he shaved the next morning. My tomb had fungi spores on the wall and they burst when he entered the tomb. Also just because when Howard Carter  died and his dog howled then dropped dead was just a coincedence.

GF: How come you changed your name from Tutankhaten to Tutankhamen? Why did you change worship back to Amen after your father changed it back to Aten?

King Tut: You could find the answer to that first question in the second question. I changed woship back because it is what the people wanted.I was very well liked by the people.

GF: Who/what was it that killed you? There is much controversy about your death. What do you believe the real cause was?

King Tut: I got very sick before I died. Scientists told me I had traces of http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2010/02/100216-king-tut-malaria-bones-inbred-tutankhamun/">melaria in my system as soon as I came back to life for today . I believe it was the melaria that killed me since medical treatment was nothing like it is now.

GF:  How many years was your reign before you died? What can you tell us about egyptian life back then?

King Tut:  My reign was very short ,only ten years from ages http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2010/02/100216-king-tut-malaria-bones-inbred-tutankhamun/">9 to 19. Egyption life was the life for me! It had a great econemy.

GF: How long was your sleep before you were "discovered" in 1923. How many times was your tomb robbed after your burial.

King Tut: My sleep was three thousand years long. My tomb was robbed only twice. I am proud of that since many pharaohs tombs are robed many more times.

GF: Well thank you for being here: It was a great honor for me to have you here. Thank you for coming.

King Tut: Your welcome. It was nice for me too. Your furniture was very soft. I will need to get some for my tomb.

Information sources:king tut one , King Tut Org ,2 fi Edu ,National Geographic

Image credit: Tut-Anch-Amen Inner Coffin

Article posted November 12, 2011 at 10:38 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 34

As you may have noticed I changed my blog title to "Card Master". This is because I am a master at all collectible card games of this generation.  Give me acouple of days to learn the rules and I could take on anyone. In fact, why don't you leave a collectible card game's name in the comments below I wiil search it and see what I can find about it and look at the rules. Hope to see your replys below.

Article posted November 1, 2011 at 11:28 AM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 32

Yesterday was the  official end of Down Sydrome awerness month. My little brother has Down Sydrome. You may remember another student who has a cousin with down syndrome. You may have noticed that I am using a blue back round for this post because blue is the color of Down Syndrome. Down Syndrome is caused by having an extra Chromosome in each cell of their body.  Chromosomes are little tiny things that  control the cells growth. Having a little brother with Down Syndrome is a rewarding job.