We are a 4th grade classroom at Naches Valley Intermediate in Washington State, USA. Our class is learning with technology! We like to video conference with other classrooms. Email: lblack@nvsd.org

by teacher: lblack

Article posted May 17, 2012 at 02:25 AM GMT • comment • Reads 64

Hi my name is Cody and I am going to tell you about the where in Washington project. The project is where you have 8 different teams that are in different classes in the world and your class is supposed to geuss where the other classes are in the world. When I did Where in Washigton in 2012 was what we did was team 1 would show clues for the other teams and when they were done the next team would precent and then the next team would precent and so on. My team was team four.We found out some of the towns or cities in Washington , and all towns or cities were, team 1 Mcleary, team 2 Shaw Island, team 3 Aberdeen, team 4 was my team, team 5 was Anacortes, team 6 was Mabton, team 7 was Kelso, and team 8 was Olympia. I hope you enjoyed this blog!!!!

Hi my name is Cody and I am going to tell you were I have been in Washington. I have been in a lot of places around Washington. I am going to try and name them all. okay Seattle,Castle Rock,Naches,Yakima and I havent really been anywere else because I dont really travel that much. I hoped you liked this=http://!!

Article posted March 16, 2012 at 12:43 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 36

Hi my name is Cody and I am going to tell you about Dallas Seavey.Dallas Seavey is a musher in the Iditarod.Dallas Seavey grew up helping his dad,Mitch Seavey,a 2004 Iditarod champion.he won $250,000 and a new Ford F150( a ford is a truck).Dallas Seavey won the Iditarod in 2012,March.Dallas Seavey was born in Virginia and he moved to Willow,Alaska then he moved to Seward,Alaska when he was 5 years old.Some of he's hobbies are breeding,raising,and racing sled dogs.His main hobbie is USA wrestling and he is the first and only national wrestling champion.Some of he's family are Iditarod champions too like his father Mitch Seavey his wife Jen Seavey and his grandpa Dan Seavey(they all are Iditarod champions remeber).A funny thing is that Dallas Seavey turned 25 on the day the race started.The way he trains his dogs are hook them up to his truckand make them pull it but someone is in the truck slowly driving it like 2 miles a hour.He also teaches is lead dog for a dog show in Anchorage,Alaska.Ihope you liked this blog I hope you comment on this!!!

Article posted March 15, 2012 at 12:44 AM GMT • comment • Reads 43

Hi my name is Cody and I am going to tell you about the 2012 Iditarod.The Iditarod was based on back in the 1900's the mushers had to bring serum to a little town in Alaska.Serum is a medicine that can cure really bad colds.In the Iditarod now people race in the Iditarod and if they win they get $250.000 and sometimes they get a brand new f150.(a F150 is a truck)In 2012 Dallas Seavey won the Iditarod.In school we did this thing called the Iditaread and it was were you took a paper dog and you read from Anchorage to Nome.We also did this thing were you pick a musher and you keep track of them in the Iditarod and I picked Dallas Seavey and he won the Iditarod.He got $250.000 and a new F150.(remeber a F150 is a truck)I hope you liked this blog by=http://

Article posted February 7, 2012 at 12:24 AM GMT • comment • Reads 39

Hi my name is Cody and I am going to tell about Khan Academy.Khan Academy is a math website you can learn multiplication or addition and sometimes you might even want to try subtraction. On Khan Academy there is different stages of levels like multiplication 1 or subtraction 3 it can even go up to stuff grownups haven't learned.I have played and I know you will like it to.Also on it it gives you badges the badges get you points the points tell the website if you should move up a level or not.One of the most rarest badges is the Black Hole badge I do not even know any body that has got it.I am going to tell you all the badges there is moon badge,meteorite badge,sun badge,earth badge,black hole badge, and a master badge.I hoped you enjoyed that see you soon=http://!

Hi my name is Cody and I am here to tell you what I learned in school in fourth grade.My teacher is really nice her name was Mrs. Black my other teacher is really nice also his name was Mr.Hansen.Mrs.Black was my home room teacher and Mr Hansen was my WTR teacher.I learned fractions,numerators and denominators also we learned a couple math games that are fun like Timez Attack,Shark Attack,also Heart Stop. Mr.Hansen taught us spelling and grahmer. I am with Mr Hansen from 10:45 to 11:45 and then I am with Mrs.Black for the rest of the day but I am also with her in the morning untill 10:45.I hope you can comment on this see ya!!!

Hi my name is Cody and I am Grateful for having a wonderful Mom and a wonderful brother named Tyler.I am Grateful for my Mom being there when I need her help.Like when I am hurt or when she is giving me safety and for having a lot of money so she can keep our house and pay for it.And I am also Grateful for when she gave birth to me and my brother Tyler.And I am just very Grateful for having my Mom,Brother,and Dad being there when I need them to be there because if they would not have been there when I needed them I would not have been in school or have a home to live in and I would not have safety and that is why I am very Grateful for having a family BY=http://!

Article posted November 18, 2011 at 03:03 AM GMT • comment • Reads 36

Hi my name is Cody and I am going to tell you about Franconia New Hampshire. New Hampshire they have smaller mountains than we do and one is called "MT. ARTISTS BLUFF". Also they have lots of waterfalls and one of them is called Kinsman. They also name hills after sugar and food like Strawberry hill or like Sugar hill. And in Franconia New Hampshire they have a lot of flowers around their schools and churches and stuff like that. Also they have 5 schools and one is named Layfette Regional Elementary School. They have 5 churches and one has a graveyard in front of it. And it is a very small city it does have a lot of houses and grassland. Also their motto is "Live Free or Die" and I think it was on coin. They make something called Maple Taffy and they make it in the snow what they do is stick it in the snow and let it harden in the snow and it gets sticky so they eat it when it dries and hardens. They have a lot of local farms and they have Moose. Also they grow maple syrup trees and they get maple syrup right off the trees. And they have a place called Cannon Hill Ski Lodge and in the winter people can go there and ski and snow board. And I hope you enjoyed my blog and I hope you comment on this wonderful blog by=http://!

Article posted November 8, 2011 at 12:42 AM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 39

Hi my name is Cody and I am going to tell you about my video conference with Mr.Ferguson. First we came into class from recess and Mrs. Black said Mr. Ferguson wanted to Skype with us and Skype is where if you have a computer or laptop. You can see a friend on a computer cause there is a little camera on your computer and you use that to see each other. So what happened when we did the Skype was that our class started asking questions like do you know what a cheese zombie is or how cold is it right now in Maze Kansas. And then Mr. Ferguson’s class started asking questions like how many kids do you have in your class and we said 27 so they said they had 10 kids so then we said how many kids are in the school. They said 127 and we had 255 and another thing is we said how cold does it get there so they said 30 degrees and then they said how cold is it there so we said about 35 degrees our class asked do you get earthquakes there. They said" NO" and then they said do we get earthquakes but Mrs. Black said our school has not sense for 15 years. That is the end and I hope you comment on this Blog!!!!

Article posted November 3, 2011 at 12:56 AM GMT • comment • Reads 34

Hello my name is Cody and I am going to tell you about DIVERSITY. Diversity means how something is different and every body in the world is different. Like maby I like snakes and somebody does not. Also maby like I like Zombies on Call Of Duty Black Ops and some body does not. People all over the world are different and there is no way somebody can change every body being different and I hope you comment please by.