Copyright (c) 2014 by ValenziaD Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
ValenziaD -- Blogmeister

Bloggers 2011-2012

Blogs discussing Science ideas, procedures and outcomes will be posted here.

by ValenziaD

teacher: Michelle Huseman

Ms.Mullinix 02/02/12
Atmos Energy 11/30/11
Once Upon A Mattress 11/16/11
Arrive Alive 11/15/11
Mrs.Mannigel 11/01/11
Science 10/18/11
The planetarium 09/30/11
All about me 09/09/11

On Tuesday Ms. Mullinix came and talked to us about endangered places. Me and my partners had the endangered place of John Coltran Home in Dix Hills, New York. We found a really good fact. It said in 2003, the house was threatened with demolition and redevelopment. Dix Hills resident and jazz fan Steve Fulgoni rallied the community to save the Coltrane Home.

Today two men came and talked to    us about Atmos Energy. We wacthed a video about our homes    and how we can save energy in    our house. After that they asked    questions about the video and     everybody was answering the     questions. At the very end we all    got a video and a book and a magnet.

Today we went to a play at the High School and watched a play   called, "Once Upon A  Mattress".  When they started the play   a narrator came out and started   telling the story. After that a whole   bunch of people came out and started  dancing then they all got quiet because the queen was doing a  test on a    princess that wanted to marry her   son. But the princess did not pass.   After that his mother made him eat   some pudding and one of  the   knights  told  the princes' mother that   he'll  go find  a  princess for the   prince and that's exactely what he did.

Today the whole school went to a Arive Alive assembly. Two people came and talked to us about car safety. After that the guy chose people to do a rap with him. But my

most favorite part was when they started handing

out tee-shirts and asking questions.

Today Mrs.Mannigel came and we played two games. One was where we had to do a exersize, the second game was where we had to come up with a whole bunch of ways to cook a fruit or a vegie. After that we got to taste a tortillia with peanut butter and a bannana and it was good.

Today Dr. Lemons and her students came and talked to us about herbivores, canivores,and omnivores. We did an activity where we had to make a huge food web with diffrent animals. We played a game where we had to guess what we were by asking a lot of questions. Then after that they showed us animal skulls and helped us figure out what animal it went to. Miss Lovelace showed us a mink. Everybody said it was cute. After that we all got split into groups and either you had to go with Miss Miller,Miss Eddie or Miss Lovelace. Then after that we did more fun stuff with them until they had to go and we all said thank you.

Hi I'm back to tell you about a planetarium that I went in at my school. When I went in there it was so big and cold it was like we had gone to a different place like space. We couldn't talk or whisper because it would be very loud in there.

Guess what we saw Draco the dragon, and all of the planets. My most favorite part was when she showed us all the things that the stars make.

BY:VALENZIA

b

Hi,my name is Valenzia and I'm going to tell you some things about me. I have 5 siblings and live with my mom and step dad Donnel.

Okay know we can get back to talking about me. I like to go shopping and writing. I like spending time at the park with my faimly. Oh, I like playing with all my freinds. I like icecream, strawberries, gum, pizza, apples, and all other fruits. Oh, and I especially love sparkles. I am part Indian on my great-grandpas side. I go to Euegene Field Elementary and I'm in 4th grade and my teachers name is Ms. Huseman. I'm in room 305. Oh, and I really want to learn Spanish. I already know how to count to ten in Spanish.