Copyright (c) 2014 by P Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
P -- Blogmeister

Bloggers 2010-11

Blogs discussing Science ideas, procedures and outcomes will be posted here.

by P

teacher: Michelle Huseman

Hail 05/24/11
Scottie's Skateland 04/28/11
Death Of An Eagle :( 04/28/11
Easter 04/25/11
About Me! 04/21/11
Snow!! 04/15/11
Posture 03/14/11
Ashley Visited! 03/11/11
Electricity 03/02/11
Eagles 01/27/11

In class the teacher was reading a book out loud and we heard a thumping noise.We looked out the window and we saw hail. We went out in the hall to get a better look. But the celing was leaking. Then the teacher went outside and caught some hail. Tomorrow we get to see the hail.

Today my class went to Scottie's Skateland. It was fun. I got four prizes. Also, I have some pictures of me, Kyla,and Hannah from the photo booth. We went on the Bumper Cars, in Ball-O-City,and lastly we went skating.

Norfolk, Virgina's webcasted mother eagle died. She got hit by an airplane. Her death was so tragic that Lady Gaga e-mailed.The three eaglets were sent to captivity.It was so sad. I could cry right now.Good bye!

Over Easter I went two places. First I went to Grandma Jan's house. We played then we had lunch.

After lunch we handed out presents. After we opened presents we went for an easter egg hunt.

After that we went to Grandma Cindy's house. We played for a while. Then we had an easter egg hunt. After the easter egg hunt we had supper. After we had supper we jumped on the trampoline.

Hello,I just got done with Map testing. It was hard! Today our class is going to watch a movie! I brought a snack and drink. I'm glad Map testing is over!

For Easter I'm going to Grandma Nancy's house for lunch. Then I'm going to my Grandma Cindy's house for an easter egg hunt. It will be fun! Today I'm going on an easter egg hunt with Kamron!What are you doing for Easter?

What two things are you going to be doing in June? I'll tell you. First my dad is getting married. Second is my recital!Good night!:)

Today I caught snowflakes!It was fun!We used black construction paper and hand lenses. I tried to catch snowflakes in my mouth. I hope you could catch snowflakes too!

What I learned from Mrs.Wiley is when you aren't useing your posture it effects your reading and writing.

Today Ashley came to visit! Ashley is Mrs.Betsy's daughter. She is in the Air Force, she just left Afghanistan. She likes to sing while playing the ukulele. It took a lot of hard work, she was never bad in school.

Today we met Ashley in person. We ate cupcakes,pizza,and drank soda. We talked and asked questions. Ashley is 25 years old. I will miss Ashley.

Before we met Ashley we e-mailed her. Ashley came at 2:30p.m. and left at 3:00p.m.The Student Council came. Even the Principal came! I like having Ashley at our school!

This week we learned about electricity.We learned about series circuits,closed circuits,and open circuits.We made closed circuit blue prints,and copied them with candy.After we made the closed circuit we got to eat the candy.It was fun!

I made helocopter propellers spin with only 1 battery,2 wires,and 1 set of propellers.We made flashlights turn on with only 1 flashlight top,1 battery,and 2 wires.We all touched fingers and a ball made buzzing sounds.They let us do our favorite out of it all.I picked the propellers.

In the last room we saw what allowed electricity to go through an object and what didn't. We even tried a rubber boot! But it didn't work. It was fantactic! This was the best science time yet!

Hello eagle watchers! Today I am writing about eagles.So keep reading and learn about eagles.You're going to see a lot of details.Keep reading and learn more about eagles.

The scientific name for the bald eagle is Halieetus Leucocephalus,here is the classifications for the bald eagle.Phylum:Chordata.Class:Aves.Order:Falconifo-mes.Family:Accipitridae.Genus:Halieetus.

An eagle has special raptor characteristics.An eagle's eye is almost as large as a human's.But it's sharpness is at least four times sharper than a person with perfect vision.Bald eagles have 7,000 feathers.Feathers consist on interlocking microscopic structures that are very light,but very strong.

An eagle's feet are very strong and have very sharp 2 inch claws called talons.The the claws must be very strong and sharp.All birds of prey use their claws for killing.Talons are different because they are designed to carry things.the remarkable thing about talons is that they are very muscular and strong.

Eagles migrateduring the winter from the northern areas down to the southern areas.Migrate means to go from one place to another.For example.The birds migrate fromthe north to the south for the winter.Birds migrate because if it is too hot or too cold they can die.

The thing that makes an eagles nest unusual is that the eagle nest is one of the largest nests.They are found in areas with large trees and a body of water.An eagle nest is larger than a regular nest.It is made from lage sticks and branches.

I will tell you how eagles got on and off the endangered spiecies list.Eagles were on the endangered spiecies list because of the chemical DDT.DDT was making the eggs soft.When a parent would sit on the eggs the eggs would break.So they band DDT.