Copyright (c) 2014 by S Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
S -- Blogmeister

Bloggers 2010-11

Blogs discussing Science ideas, procedures and outcomes will be posted here.

by S

teacher: Michelle Huseman

It was raining then it hailed next. Miss Huseman and some other teachers caught some hail. Miss Huseman told us that we will see the hail tomorrow after it freezes again in the freezer.

Yesterday for MAP testing only 3,4,and 5 graders from Eugene Field all went skating even the teacher were too. The kids played in the arcade. I played bumpercars, lazer tag, and I went skating. I had the funnest time ever.

Today Miss Huseman told us that in Norfolk, Virginia the mother eagle had died yesterday at 8:30a.m. or 8:45a.m. Our class was so sad that we were tearing up. Now the daddy is very sad but the babies are in captivity.I hope daddy will feel better again :(

I am glad that we celebrate Easter! I went to my moms to get ready to go to my dads. First I hid Easter eggs for my little sister Ava!This was her first time to find Easter eggs. Next when Ava found all the Easter eggs,I got dressed anf then my mom did my hair!After that I called my aunt Emmy anf sent her a picture of me in my dress.Then I called my dad to come pick me up.

Then my dad picked me up from my moms and I went to my dads house!When I got there I had to go to my aunt Beckys house to get my camera.Then my cousin Chelsea gave me an Easter basket and my camera.Then my dad and grandma took pictures of me!!I went in the kitchen and I saw a basketball with pink and purple dots, with candy. Then I had a Easter egg hunt again and it was still fun. After that my dad was going to b.b.q. Then we ate. bakedbeans, mac & cheese, hotdogs, and hamburgers!!!!Then for desert was a chocolate cake with pudding and cool whip then we all went to bed=http://!!!!

Hi, my name is Skylynn Carter. Miss Huseman's class is officially done with MAP testing. This Easter my cousin is having a birthday party!! Her name is Hannah. I hope she will have a blast!

Hi, my name is Skylynn Carter! Jaylie and I and our classes went outside to look at snow flakes! We caught about 20 or 28 snowflakes.

On March 9th Ashley Elmore Mrs.Betsy's daughter came from the Air Force to see her mother and to see Ms.Huseman's class. We all wrote her letters and she wrote back to us.We all where excited to see her in person.Her mom and dad got our class and Student Council pizza, soda and cupcakes!!Then Ashley's mother talked about how she got in the Air Force and how she never got in truble.Now I am going to do all my homework so I can do the job I want to do. Now I see how importent it is to do your work and to keep up in school.

I learned about a closed circuit and how you would put the two wires together on each side of the battery and it will light up the lightbulb.

Did you know that we are a conductor because we are made out of water and water is a conductor.

We did an experiment in our second class. We tested a lot of stuff and some did work and some did not work.

I'm going to be writing about eagles an how they nest and all sorts of different things about eagles.

I have learened that the bald eagle has a scientific name and that they have a classification name too and the scientific name is Haliaeetus leucocepholus and the classification name is Phylum;choradat, class;aves, order;Falconi fomes, Family;Accipitriae, Genus;Haliaeetus.

I have learned that the eagles feathers trap in air to insulate from the rain.The eyesight of the bald eagle is five to six times sharper that a humans eye and they can see fish from several hundred feet above the water.

Did you know that the talons on the bald eagle can hang on to a larger fish while flying to the nest and the talons are 2 inch sharp talons.

The bald eagles will migrate and they will head south because when the water freezes up they will migrate to the south but when it is winter where they are they will migrate to the north again.

The bald eagles nest is in a tree and it has lots of sticks and dryed up grass.The strong thick branches will hold up the nest.

The bald eagles were on the endangered species list because of DDT but now they are not on the endangered species list anymore. They are on the watch list now because we want to know how many eagles we have in the United States.

I think that Eagle day we will be learning more about Eagles.Our class is going to have a lot of fun looking at the Eagles and learn about them too! I know what the two colors of an Eagle are. Do you know what they are?