Article posted June 15, 2007 at 12:00 AM GMT • comment (3) • Reads 76

Were out of school now. I really miss Mr.Crosby. School there was was great! I had the best friends ever. One of my friends was Maija. She was at the school for most of the year. She never missed one day of school. The day she said

"This is my last day," broke my heart. We had to have lots of fun with Maija that day. When she left, my friends and I felt like we were going to DIE! We had to deal with two weeks with out Maija. Other than those two weeks, the school year was the best! My class was busy! We were taking down things like posters of important people. All sorts of stuff. Mr.Crosby even said that we could come back the day after the last day of school and help him pack. The funny thing is, he wasn't moving classrooms! He had to pack because they were putting in new tile and carpet. Saying good-bye was not an easy thing to do. WE had our fun times and our not so fun times. No matter what, I will never forget my class.

Article posted May 22, 2007 at 05:57 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 35

Welcoming Celest

Ashley Warren

I like the picture with Celest actually in our classroom, not on the computer, because I was there. In the other picture, the one where Celest is on the computer because she has cancer, I was not there. I also like the picture because Celest was there in person, which meant that she is feeling much better; good enough to come to school. I also like the picture because everybody had really good smiles. Celest has a really pretty smile. My face was really rosy. That is the thing I don’t like about the picture. Otherwise, that picture looks great. I am glad that Celest is feeling better. I feel happy for Celest. You know, now she can go to a public school.

Article posted May 14, 2007 at 07:48 PM GMT • comment (3) • Reads 36

What I Would Like To Do This Summer

By: Ashley Warren

This summer, instead of being bored all the time, I would love to go to Disneyland because I’ve never been there and I’ve heard that it is really fun. I’d also like to go to “Jump Man Jump” because I went there last year and I had so much fun. Plus, I like doing those kind of things. I would like to play the Wii game because I’ve played it before with my friends and I had so much fun! We played the Wii sports games. I would like to go on a boat ride because I like to feel the wind against my face and leaning over and touching the water. I would also like to go to Wild Island because all the other times I went, I had a blast! I went on almost every single ride two times or more. I got to invite one friend to go to Wild Island with me too.

Grace Corrigan’s Visit

Ashley

Meeting Grace Corrigan was sooo awesome!

(Grace Corrigan is the mother of Christa, the teacher in space.) She is the nicest person on the face of the Earth! I thought it was neat to hear from her. I got to ask 2 questions. She answered them both in complete and thoughtful answers. We got to hug her and take pictures with her too. I liked her because she was nice and sweet. I came into the classroom, the day Grace Corrigan was there, and I started freaking out! Grace Corrigan was there! Well, I wasn’t really freaking out. But sort of. I liked it when I got to ask questions the best. It felt like I was talking to a movie star. I hope that when I grow up, I will be just like Grace Corrigan. I will have a kid, be happy, and go to schools and inspire kids to do what they want to do in life and to tell about my life as well. She talked about her daughter and how her daughter liked the training they had to do. We got to watch a movie about Christa. There were also people Skyping from Virginia and New York to Nevada!

The Time I Broke My Wrist

When I broke my wrist, I was horseback riding. The people that worked there had put everything they needed to put on the horse. Well, on the horses stomach is a buckle that keeps the saddle on the horse. The horse’s name is Cinco. That is my horse. Well, anyway, the buckle under the horse was not very tight. Then, all of the sudden, I heard something... a jingling sound... OH NO! The buckle unbuckled! But, stupid me, I leaned over to check it and I felt slipping... it was the buckle! But, smart me, I leaned the other way so I wouldn’t fall. It didn’t work. I slipped off. As I was slipping off, I wasn’t that worried because the people that work at the barn always told me that the ground was soft because of all the dirt. Well, they were right. The one problem was me bending my wrist as I hit the ground. I meant that as I hit the ground, I bent my wrist back. When I did that, it hit the ground and broke it. Everybody thought I had just sprained it but the next day, I found out that I broke my wrist. From that day on, I never went back. That's how mad my grandma was.

Living in Candy land

One day, Mr. Crosby, my teacher, was telling the class something he had said like 1,000,000,000 times! Well, anyway, while he was doing that, I was daydreaming of me living in Candy land. I know it may sound weird, but it was the only fun thing to do at that moment.

I was sitting in my chair and started to

daydream. I woke up on a chocolate bed! It was actually really amazing because the bed did not melt. I got up and and everything was made out of candy! I thought to myself that since I liked chocolate so much, I might as well take a bite of my bed. I took a bite and said, “ WOW! That is sooooo good!” The doorknob to my door was a big, round, sweet cherry. It may not sound very good, but man was it delicious! I had to be careful because if I ate all of my doorknob I would not have been able to get out. I was soooo happy! I ate so much of my room, I thought I was going to be sick! But, just as I was going to take one last bite of my dresser, I just happened to notice the window, that was made of caramel squares, was open. I saw sights I thought I’d never see. I saw chocolate grass, candy cane lamp poles. My dream had come true! Well, sort of.

All of the sudden, I heard a voice talking over my wonderful daydream. It was Mr. Crosby! Great. Now my daydream was over. I guess I might as well just stop daydreaming. I stopped and I heard Mr. Crosby say, “Okay. Get started.” OH NO! I really should not have been daydreaming! Now I have no clue what to do. You may be thinking that, ‘ Why don’t you just ask your teacher what to do?’ Well, I was going to do that but right before I was going to ask him, another kid did... “ I just explained what to do!!!! Weren’t you listening?=http://” Mr. Crosby yelled. Never mind. I’ll just ask someone at my table.

Article posted April 3, 2007 at 09:01 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 36

One Of The Times I Went

To The Fair

One of the times I went to the fair was with my aunt, uncle, and my two cousins. We had soooo much fun. The first thing we did, of course, was buy some tickets. After that, we went in a funny house type thing with all sorts of mirrors, slides, all sorts of things. At the end there was a BIG slide that whirls and it sort of made me dizzy!

The next thing we did was a coin throw. A coin throw is a thing where you throw coins at lilly pads. If you hit a lilly pads, you get a prize of your choice. My uncle tried his best to win me a prize. He almost got a lilly pad but missed. I said it was o.k.

After that, we went on the fairest-wheel. My little cousin and my aunt got a little sick, but not much.

Then, they went on the roller coaster. I ABSOLUTELY hate roller coasters!!! Of course, I didn’t go on.

It started to get dark out. We did a couple more things. We got dinner and then they took me home. “Thank you so much for this fun, awesome day!” I said to my uncle and aunt. We all said good-bye and I went into the house and got my pajamas on. I was very sleepy. I fell fast asleep in my nice, warm, and cozy bed.

Article posted April 2, 2007 at 10:43 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 39

What Happened The Day After Christmas

The time I went to LA was decided over the phone. My dad and my mom and I decided I would go to LA the day after Christmas. I said, “ Sure! I’d LOVE to!” I was so happy because I didn’t see my dad for a long time. “ It might be scary going on a plane for the first time in my life, but it is so TOTALLY worth it!” Sure, it might be scary but to see my dad... HELLO! I would be the stupidest person on the face of the planet! Plus, it would hurt my dad’s feeling’s.

Well, my mom took me to the airport to wait for my plane. 2 hours went by and it was time for me to board the plane. I was excited but scared and nervous at the same time. I said good-bye to my mom and boarded the plane. It was scary the first minute but after a while, it was really fun.

1 hour and 15 minutes later, I arrived in LA. I saw my dad and cried very hard. “ How was your flight?” asked my dad. “ It was really fun.” I told my dad.

Article posted January 25, 2007 at 11:04 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 39

This will help Celest feel included. Celest can’t come to school because she has cancer. Our class is the first class to do what we are doing. Doing this will help her learn too. It will also make Celest feel included a lot more. So far, Celest’s thing that makes it so we can see her and she can see us, it won’t work for a couple seconds. We contacted people that might be able to help. Like getting a computer and a modem. And we got them! After that, we contacted Celest’s family. We used a computer, internet, a new phone line, and Skype. What was really exciting was learning about Leukemia. When we tested the connection, it worked pretty good. And then, WE CONNECTED FOR THE FIRST TIME=http://! We connected 1/24/07 at 12:35 p.m. I felt so happy and excited!