Copyright (c) 2014 by Celest Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Celest -- Blogmeister

Mr. Crosby's Alumni Bloggers

We are a 6th grade class that is piloting a 1:1 laptop program using MacBook computers. We blog, Skype, make Wiki pages, produce digital videos, podcasts and vidcasts.

by Celest

teacher: Brian Crosby

06/02/08
05/30/08
03/27/08
03/24/08
02/29/08
02/29/08
02/08/08
02/05/08
01/17/08
01/16/08
01/16/08
12/21/07
12/21/07
12/04/07
11/16/07
10/31/07
10/17/07
05/14/07
MY FIRST HOSPITAL TRIP 05/09/07
GRANDPA FISHING 05/09/07
My First Experience 01/24/07

Marsopolis By Celest

I went to the store and I looked at the bottom of the food item, I looked to see if it was the right amount of food which was 10 ounces. The liquid has to weight 10 ounces also. I got a nutrition-bar and a half a bag of vanilla wafers. Then I went to the store and got a water bottle. Then I dumped it out and put some Kool Aid in it.

I was excited and nervous at the same time. The reason I was excited was because I didn’t know what was going to happen. The reason I was nervous was because I didn’t know how we were going to make our habitat.

Then the bus came, we put our project under the bus in the storage bin a on the bus Leticia and I played Miss Sue. We played some other games on the bus too.

Then we arrived at Marsopolis. We had to sit down while a man was giving the directions.

Then we got to work on our habitat. I was the one that taped our habitat and I gave tape to people that needed it. When we were done I thought that our habitat was the best and so did one of the teachers Her name was Miss. Wolters. She said habitat our was the best too.

Then I ate some vanilla wafers and a nutra-bar outside of our habitat and Laticia gave me some of her hot cheetos. Everything that I got was really delicious. Then after lunch the guy said all marsopolians report to the center of the Cosmic Village.

Next I asked a girl if she could save my spot. Then I went to get my journal and when I came back I almost fell but I didn’t I sat down.

Then I started to answer to the questions about the rock videos. I was writing what the rock videos were like.

Then I was late to our habitat because I had to go to the restroom. First the recreation system went up and I thought it was really cool. Then a transportation went next and theirs was really cool too. Then we were up and I was really nervous but I got over it and we did our presentation.

Then we went outside, I was playing a game called Telephone and my other teammates played racing and duck duck goose but I didn’t play those games.

then they gave the signal to go inside. When I first walked through the big tunnel I walked fast through it. Then I went in the little tunnel. Then I sat down on the floor at the center of the Cosmic Village.

Next we had to wait for the bus to come. Finally it came. Then at school my grandpa was waiting for me. I got my stuff and left to my house.

THE END

Article posted May 30, 2008 at 08:23 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 57

The Dog Story

I had nothing to do one day and was really kind of bored, so I went outside and started to walk around the neighborhood. I spotted the friendly dog from next door in his yard playing with a ball. The ball squirted out of his mouth and shot into the street. The dog ran after it just as a car came along and BAM! the car hit the dog. My heart was pounding in my chest as I watched the dog land in the street and the car sped away! I knew I had to do something to help! I ran to the dog and saw that she was still alive and breathing. Her eyes opened and looked up at me. I could tell by the look on her face that she was scared, in pain and wanted help. So I … ran to the owners tolled them what happened. then they ran to the phone and called the vet. To mack sure the dog was all right. He had a broken bone and a liver problem they had to take care of him for about a month. But then he died and so the mother of the boy got him a new dog at first he didn’t like the dog. But after a month or so he got use to having a pet again and they played games after he got home from school they played soccer a lot. Because he was on the soccer team at school the dog loved to play fetch. But when he was at school he was very lonely. When he came home he was very exited and all they did was play games and he was a very happy dog. But when he got older he didn’t play very much. and he was very sad. THE END

The Weird Bird

I was walking home one day when I saw a bird off in the distance flying in my direction. As it got closer I noticed it didn’t look like anything I have ever seen before. It kept flying towards me and to my amazement it zoomed right up to me and landed softly on my shoulder.

I thought it was cool, but it also made me very nervous. Then it bent its neck to look me straight in the eye and suddenly it rubbed its body on my cheek and suddenly I could hear what he said. He said his name was Fred. He said he needs food for his babies. So Ben got his shovel and started digging in his garden. When he was done there was a big hole. Ben had fell through the hole and then he was in China. There were other things there, but the first thing he saw was a seafood store. Ben ate some things that he saw. Ben ate fish and shrimp. Ben walked out without paying. They were yelling crook and get out of here and he never came back. Ben was so angry he didn’t care. he went back and he found some worms for the bird and the birds lived happily ever after.

Dear Mr. Upton’s Class and parents

Hi I’m from Sparks, Nevada, USA and I’m in Mr. Crosby’s class.

I heard that your blog is blocked. It’s blocked to keep you safe. Someone might get information that they should not get.

To the parent’s: The teacher gets to see it first to make sure there are good comments.

It helps you get better at typing. Another reason it is safe is if someone puts a bad comment they will never get it because the teacher sees it first

I really want your blog to come back so we can comment I’m sorry that your blog is blocked.

SPACE

First I’m going to tell you how fast the speed of light is. It’s so fast it can go 7 times around the world in one secant. Alpha Centaauri and it’s the closest star it takes over four years by lightning to get there. The biggest star know is VV Cephei. I forgot to tell you that a camera prison from prometheare went to the school and filmed us.

The End

Eclipse

The first time I went outside I didn't get to see it. It was a little chilly outside and my Mom went outside with me and so did my sister Crystal. When I went outside the time was 6:00 pm. The second time I went outside I saw it for like ten second's but then the cloudy got in the way but when I saw the Eclipse it looked really cool. Then the last time I went out I saw part of it but not the hole thing and it was freezing. So there is my story.

The End

What If We Couldn’t Blog Anymore? by Celest

If I could not blog I would write this. I would be really mad if you didn't let us blog. The resin I think blogging is important is. Because it helps you with typing and witing and also reading. It’s safe because the teacher gets it first. So if I have a lot of mistakes it will not get on the blog. If someone tries putting a bad comment on it will vanished from his computer so know won will see it. If you take blogging away its like your taking learning away from us.

How To Edit

How you edit is you read your story like you really care. Like look for capital letters that are in your story that are not spelled right. Then look for punctuation mistakes. Then you read your story again to mack sure there are no mistakes on your paper. If you are positive that there are no mistakes. Then spell check and spell check again and then post it.

MY MOM’S BIRTHDAY

The time I went to my Mom’s birthday in the wood’s.

The people that were there were me, my Mom, Grandma, Grandpa, Aunty Rachel, Aunty Re, Uncle Will and finally Uncle Tim.

Every buddy liked to go swimming in the water. So we played and splash around in the water.

We liked to fish and other stuff too.

We were there for about a week. We had another splash party that day.

My Mom was really happy because she had all of her family there and around her on her birthday. But then we had to pack up and go home.

THE END

MY MOM’S BIRTHDAY

The people that where there where me, my Mom, Grandma, Grandpa, Aunty Rachel, Aunty Re, Uncle Will and finally Uncle Tim.

Every butte liked to go swimming in the water. So we played and splash around in the water.

We liked to fish and other stuff too.

We where there for about a week. We had a nother splash party that day.

My Mom was really happy. Because she had all of her family there and around her on her birthday. But then we had to pack up and go home.