1 .the light bulb lite up when the washers fell from the motor.
2. if you add more washers the light bulb will light up brighter.
3. when i had 4 washers the light bulb was dim. when i had 5 washers the light bulb was bright. when i had 6 washers the light bulb was brighter than 5 but went out quicker. when i had 7 washers the light bulb was brighter then 6 but went out even quicker.
4. when i added more washers the light bulb got brighter but it went out quicker.
5. the energy the light bulb absorbes comes from the force of gravity pulling on the washers making the motor create electricty and the electricity becomes electirc energy which becomes heat and light energy in the light bulb.
6. the wieght of 4 washers is 1.1 (n) and the distance the 4 washers fell was 1.31 (m) so the work done by gravity is 1.4410. the weight of 5 washers is 1.4 (n) and the distance the 5 washers fell was 1.31 (m) so the work done by gravity is 1.8340. the weight of 6 washers is 1.7 (n) and the distance the 6 washers fell was 1.31 (m) so the work done by gravity is 2.276. the weight of 7 washers is 2.0 (n) and the distance they fell was 1.31 (m) and the work done by gravity is 2.6200.
7. 4 washers weigh less than 7 washers. the more washers the more force of gravity was upon them. the more washers the brighter the light bulb was and the quicker it went out.
8. you could add batteries to make the string go up to the motor fatser. you could drop the washers from a higher place with longer string. you could have mmore washers.
1.gather all materiels.
2. set up pegboard.
3. wrap string around the nail and hold.
4. put 4 washers on the paper clip and then drop wjile somebody pays total attetion to the light bulb.
5. repeat steps 3 and 4 with 5 washers than 6 washers than 7 washers.
6.make a graph for # of washers and what happend to the light bulb.
7. record your observations in your graphs.
8. make a new graph with # of washers, the weight of the washers, the distance the washers fell, and the work done by gravity.
9. weigh 4 washers and record it then weigh 5 washers and recordit then weigh 6 washers and record it then weigh 7 washers and record it.
10. mesure the hieght the washers fell and record it in the graph.
11. caculte the work done by gravity for 4 washers, 5, 6, and 7 washers.
(steps are done)
10. yes you could charge it because the falling washers make electricty in the motor and that electricty went to the light bulb and made the light bulb work and i think it will send energy to the homemade battery and charge it.