here are the blogs I visited (links)

1. [LINK]

2.[LINK]

those are the blogs I visited here is some information about them

1.dante plays sports and reads

2.ryan likes superheros

A. I thought that the wide side on a block fo wood would be the side that would reaquier ( i know i spelled that wrong) the most force to pull because it has the most surface area but I found out that the side with the least surface ( the narrow side) took the most force to pull. What I learned about surface area, and weight of blocks I shall type in the next letters starting now. I learned that that if you have more weight on a smaller surface it will take more force to pull the block then if the block has the weight spread out and if you add more blocks the weight will add and it will be even more force needed to pull the block.

B.the scale measures the fricton force witch ( yes I spelled that wrong to ( I think)) is caused by pulling on the scale with gravity pulling the block down.

C.we would use almost no force to pull a block of wood across ice because it is very smooth so the force needed to pull the block will be about .1 newtons per block on the wide side of the block.

You can put a rubber band on 2 sticks then you put it (the rubber band) around the cart then pull back then you let it go to slingshot it across the floor. A way to make it twice as powerful ( the rubber bands elastic force) is to double up the ruber band then reapeat the stuff before.

The  difference between mass and weight! well mass affects wieght because gravity affects mass makeing wieght

K: I know that without bateries we would not have cars or handheld gaming systems or anything like those things that need bateries.

W: Some things that I want to learn about bateries are: 1. how to make one 2. how to see if I could make a way better one and 3. why there is acidic stuff in bateries

L: I learned that batterys have strong acid in them to make energy because without that it would not work. I also learned that batterys have copper and zinc in them.

Article posted March 13, 2012 at 04:20 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 50

Hi I am a 6th grader going to chimacum middle school I live in a small house close to port townsend. If I want to I can walk to the beach next to my house. A few things I like are: riding my bike, playing video games and,talking to my friends. The subjects in school I like are science, p.e., and math. I am also interesed in space (yes that big empty thing thats all around us with other planets and stuff). Thats pretty much it so good bye.

DO: what are these years average DO levels:

8.125.

The oxygen in the air makes contact with water to make dissolved oxygen (do). Chimacum creek has been doing well even at a low of about 6 ppm.

PH: the average is 6.3 ph for this year.

7 is pure water 1-6 is acidic 8-14 is alkaline. When base and acid come together it makes is a balance. Ph stands for positive hydrogen. Fish like 6.5-7.

Turbitity: the average is in the 30’ of ntu’s. n.t.u stands for nephelometric turbitity units somebody might ask what turbitity is well turbitity is the difference between clear water and dirty water

Nitrogen (this is my perrmater): nitrates are important because they help the soil  and water and creatures and everything(about this).the average for this year in nitrates is 0.3 this is good because fish die in to high of nitrate and so will people mostly babys because to much nitrates can cause brown blood disease or blue baby syndrome(same thing) or Methogloblin (also the same thing).

Ammonia: This years average ammonia is 1.6. this is good because it wont kill the fish. Ammonia is very dangeros chemical thing. Ammonia can be found in many cleaning supplies. Pure Ammonia is a very very smelly colorless liquid. Eutrophication is a thing that is very bad. A thing you do not want to do is mix ammonia and bleach ( it can kill you)

Flow rate: you x length x width (in a river) to get cubic meters per second (if using that measurement) . flow rate can be important because if fish can not lay there eggs then they will die out. The average for  flow rate is 1.5934 m3/s (??????)

Temperature: water that is shallow takes shorter to warm up than deep. This years average water temp is 33.5 farenhite. The airs average is 37.5 farenhite. One of the highest temp max for fish is 97º farenhite where the fish will die L.

When I went to the place next to snow creek I was really exited to plant trees. when we started I found out that it was much harder to plant trees then I thought. We also found lots of worms and we put them next to the trees to help the soil.

Article posted November 21, 2011 at 04:34 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 111

this is the better video

Click here.

Article posted November 7, 2011 at 04:22 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 65

In some other blogs I showed pictures in this blog I will tell you which creek scored better yellow jacket or chimacum.

Well my pictures would mean that chimacum scored 2 points because scuds are worth 2 points. but luckly other people found more bugs like mayflys and stoneflys that are worth more.

chimacum scored 21 points total. And yellow jacket creek scored 25 points total. so that means yellow jacket creek is a little bit cleaner. it also means that we have potentially good water quality and yellow jacket creek has potentially exelent water quality.

Article posted November 7, 2009 at 06:00 AM GMT • comment • Reads 108

this is a picture of a moving scud.

this is another moving scud.

these are worth 3 points from our out door education program which scored using how tolorent  the bug was to pollution. there is 4 different groups 1.intolerent, 2. somewhat intolerent,  3.somewhat tolerent, 4. very tolerent

this is another part of my other macro blog which also had a scud but it was dead.