My team tried to get a clock to run off of potatoes(or any kind of tuber). we couldn't get the clock to work so we went on and tried to get a small light to light. we also had a volt meter, and we measured how much power we got. potatoes weren't enough to power much, so we tried yams. we successfully got 4 volts out of the yams but we still couldn't get the light to light. we tried a 1 1/2 volt battery and it light. i don't know why.

I know snails are small, cannot hear, and rely on there smell for food. I want to know if snails can see and if they can see colors.

My team is going to see what color a snail goes to if it has the choice. we will use four colors, orange, green, blue, and yellow.

my team did an experiment on which color a snail would go to if they had the choice. so we set up a box with orange, green, blue, and yellow colored paper. we covered the middle with white out in a circle, and we put the snail in the circle to see which color the snail went to. he/she didn't go to orange, went to blue twice, green once, and yellow twice. Snails.

Article posted March 1, 2012 at 08:03 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 58

They are more likley to have more divers offspring because the offspring gets 23 cells from the dad and 23 from the mom, and nature shuffles those genes and places them randomly. asexual reproduction, the cells separate and are copies of the original cells.

The sink knob had the most bacteria on it. my question was what area of the school had the most bacteria on or in the certain areas. the second most was the lunch tables, which had a big white dot. the gym floor had a little strip of bacteria. and the Trip Lever (Flusher) on the toilet had the least.

Mitosis refers to a division of cells. Meiosis on the other hand is to the division of gametes. So it goes diploid to haploid. The difference between Mitosis and Meiosis is that Meiosis is a sexual reproduction of cells and Mitosis is not.

Meiosis is a unique type of cell that mak gametes with not as many chromosomes. The opposita process would be syngamy or fertalization, a very different organism that has unique difrent ither parent is made. The sygote divides and grown to form an embryo which turns into a young organism.

Mitosis is where chromosomes are copied and split. It starts with prophase. Prophase is when the DNA duplicates. They became exactly the same like a copy in. eres metophase which is when the DNA duplicates and face eachother. On the opposite sides. Anaphase is next and is when the daughter chromosomes move away from eachother to opposite sides of the cell. Last is telephase and thats where all cells split to form nuclei.

Q1. Chromisomes duplicates each other. Then both of them move to the opposite cell walls. The cell expands and its plasma membrane grows inward, then the cell splits. The cell divides and creates two sister cells. Those cells are able to work becase the mother cell gives them everything they need to produce and survive.

Q2. Interphase: Is the longest perod of the complte cell cycle during which the DNA replicates, the centrioles divide, and the protiens are actively produced.

Prophase: During the first mitotic stage, the nucleolus fades and condenses into chromosomes. Each chromosome comprises two chromatids. Microtubules of a cytoskleton

Prometaphase: The nucler envelope breaks down and there is no longer a nucleus that you can recognize. Some mitotc spindle fibers elongate from the centrosomes and attach tp kinetochores, protein bunches at the centromer region on the chromosoms where sister chromatids are joined.

Metphase: The tension applied by spindle fibers aligns chromosomes in one plane at the center of the cell.

Anaphase: Spindle fibers shorten, the kinetochores seperate, and the chromatids are pulled apat and begin moving to the cell poles.

the paramicia, and amobia are single celled, but the elodia has multiple cells. The elodia is independant and doesnt need the paramicia, or amobia to live on its own, but the paramicia and amobia needs other cells to survive. so you can tell because they need oher cells to survive.

the microscopes have 3 focuses. 10 40 and 100 times. for 100 times you have to use the fine focues to see.