Article posted April 26, 2010 at 06:16 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 81

Alexandro Volta was the first one to create the battery well thats what some people think some batteries were created 3000 years ago scientist think Volta was the second one to create the battery some don't know how the batteries were made but some do there used to by jeweler's to create gold trimmings. Davy's battery wasn't for practical every day use because they were to big about the size of a classroom.

Water pollution is when humans dump garbage,

Oil, fish guts, and fertilizer into rivers, lakes, and creeks. One of the consequences of freshwater pollution is the good fish will die, and we won’t get to go fishing in the creeks, rivers, and lakes.

After the water has become polluted we should dispose our toxic substances carefully.

Instead of dumping oil and paint down the drawn we should take the toxic waste to a site that collects hazard waste.

What can you do to prevent pollution from entering our lakes, rivers, and, creeks. Recycle

Your garbage correctly, help clean up polluted

Areas, and dispose garbage/waste properly.

What are nitrates? Nitrates are natural compound present in all ecosystems.

It is one of the chemicals essential

To plant life but too much can be a

Problem for plants and animals.

What effects do high nitrate levels

Have on people? We wont have certain

Animals and plants. We wont have good drinking water.

What is a safe level of nitrate in drinking

Water? Environmentally protection agencies

The epee has established a maximum contaminated level {mcl} of 10 mg/l

The nitrate level in Colorado is 13.3

Mg/l, and in Eastern Europe is 50-100

Mg/l.

What should a person do if there are high nitrate levels in their water supply? By putting a drained water system deeper into the soil. By

Reducing the amount of soil and fertilizer that

Is put on farms and lawns.

What can be down to prevent nitrates from entering our water supply? By not putting a lot of fertilizer in to field sand lawns.                   

NON-POINT*A non-point source of pollution is a form that is not easy to identify where its coming from.         

POINT*A point source of pollution is a form that is easy to pinpoint where its coming from.

The difference between point and non-point pollution are most of the time non-point pollution comes from far away, and point pollution is normally is coming from factories and run off from roads.