*Andi's Blog-

This class is for high school students at Winnebago Lutheran Academy who want to learn how to make music on computers. We use Audacity and Garageband as our main tools, and we have fun almost every single day figuring out how to make music using audio and MIDI, but we also learn how to record vocals and instruments and even play guitar and drums if we need to.

We keep personal blogs (look on the right column of this page and click on our names) to help us remember what we've been working on, keep track of the all the decisions that we've made on our projects, and to share with our family and friends the music that we've created.

NEW 2013-2014 We're moving our blogs to Google's Blogger since WLA is using Google Apps for Education. Click here for Mr. Witte's new Music Tech blog. Click on the student names in the right hand column below to find links to their Google blogs for Music Tech and to see and hear what they've been working on in class.

by teacher: Dale Witte

I took our Dance Project 2A song and went you garage band and created a Podcast. I also went to google to get some images of Taylor Swift. I used "You Belong With Me" It was a pretty easy thing to do. 

This was our first experiment with audio on a video. The difficult thing about it was you could see them singing the words to Vertigo by U2. So when you put the new song on it didn't match. I chose the song Micky and thought it went well with their dancing around. 

I tried to find a song that would fit his dancing. I chose "Disco Heaven" by Lady GaGa becasue it is something you can dance to. Then i used a voice over of my own voice to replace the guy talking in the original. I also kept the keyboard typing, ipod shuffling, and the door slam. We also used bass reduction in the part of the video before the ipod shuffling. It makes it sound like he is listening to it from his computer. Then after the ipod shuffling it has a bigger bass and makes you feel like you're listening to it on your ipod. 

Article posted September 28, 2010 at 02:35 PM GMT • comment (7) • Reads 32

This is the commercial i selected for our project. I wanted to use a song with a better beat and be more modern than the original song that was in it. I used "Power" by Kanye West. I made quite a few cuts in it because i had to take out his rapping. I liked how in the song it says "21st Century" because it fits when the video displays "in 2010" 

Dance Project 2

1. To make it sound like it was suppose to be that way.

2. Make it shorter than it was.

Song: You Belong With Me

Artist: Taylor Swift

Notes: 

I got rid of most of the song, it's pretty short. 

I had to start over once.

I found it easier to use longer sections than trying to take little sections and match them together. 

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B-Wtebd6y4ISNjdjM2RmMGQtODZlOC00M2RkLWI1ZmMtMDYxNmI2ZjQzNTk5&sort=name&layout=list&pid=0B-Wtebd6y4ISMTNkODhmZjktNmJkNS00ZDZlLWFkOTctZjUwMGM0NGIzOGI2&cindex=2" target="_blank">https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B-Wtebd6y4ISNjdjM2RmMGQtODZlOC00M2RkLWI1ZmMtMDYxNmI2ZjQzNTk5&sort=name&layout=list&pid=0B-Wtebd6y4ISMTNkODhmZjktNmJkNS00ZDZlLWFkOTctZjUwMGM0NGIzOGI2&cindex=2">Dance Project 2 Andi Rupp.mp3

Hi I'm Andi! I love pretty much every type of music. I sing, play a little piano and guitar. I enjoy music very much and don't go a day without singing or listening to it.