Copyright (c) 2014 by raccoon Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
raccoon -- Blogmeister

Eh!-

The Meyer Island 5th Grade Blog

by raccoon teacher: Dean Meyer
Fith grade memories 06/02/09
5th grade memories 06/02/09
last ce ever 05/28/09
Anne frank and animal farm 05/07/09
ce econ 04/30/09
29 5 x each 04/28/09
hoops dreams 04/28/09
debate 04/27/09
My dream is... 04/23/09
hoops ce 3 04/01/09

Article posted June 2, 2009 at 10:11 AM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 128

fYou can enter the text of your blog here!  Fifth grade memories

Let's start with the first day of school. I walked in a strange school,Laingsburg elementary school. I was new here so this was strange. I walked over to Mr. Meyer's 5th grade class. I had a seat next to an old kar  Fifth grade memories

Let's start with the first day of school. I walked in a strange school,Laingsburg elementary school. I was new here so this was strange. I walked over to Mr. Meyer's 5th grade class. I had a seat next to an old karate classmate right by the fish tank. We had this class switch-a-roo where some kids left for Ms. Wilburn's  class luckly I wasn't one of them.  Ok now that that's settled , we will move on to the BZL!  I had the Arctic wolf, one of my favorite animals! 

I had the fox with a bunch of other people I can't remember their names. We did a lot of other stuff like went behind the scenes of the penguin exhibit and a lot of other stuff.

OK let's get something strait here, THIS WAS THE HARDEST YEAR I'VE EVER HAD! I mean really! 6th grade stuff at the BEGINNING of the year! But it also was the most fun year too! making movies, survivor and lots of other stuff! 

We also had my favorite challenge, the river raft challenge where we had scooters and had to get to the other side without touching the ground!

oh and ALL that computer time BEST THING EVER! Me being a computer geek was like heaven this year because Mr. Meyer was a computer geek too!

We learned how to do podcasts, movie making, we are soon like SOON as in HOURS soon going to do the (Hum a triumphant song) The Hunger Games Movie!!

Well back to business. I was voted off first but what do I care?

Right now were in the final 3 with Maddy Lindsay and Erica all ready to be the ultimate pack leader!

Many challenges lay ahead in the beginning of the year, like the big ball challenge, the river raft challenge, the extra credit ball challenge, the building challenge and many many many many MANY more! We had tribes too, I was in the teal tribe! One of the final 3 was in that tribe 

Erica. It was an OK year except for all the really mean people (aka most of the class/school) but the stuff was fun. If I could describe my teacher in 1 word it would be FUNNY he jumps on desks, whacks people with foam swords (and he even was whacked back)

We also had lockers! Now it's the 3rd to last day, and I'm sad. ='-( That about wraps up 5th grade here in Lainsburg elementary See ya soon!.   

ate classmate right by the fish tank. We had this class switch-a-roo where some kids left for Ms. Wilburn's  class luckly I wasn't one of them.  Ok now that that's settled , we will move on to the BZL!  I had the Arctic wolf, one of my favorite animals! 

Article posted June 2, 2009 at 10:11 AM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 42

You can enter the text of your blog here! Fifth grade memories

We also had lockers! Now it's the 3rd to last day, and I'm sad. ='-( That about wraps up 5th grade here in Lainsburg elementary See ya soon!   

Article posted May 28, 2009 at 10:30 AM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 50

Chrysler defends it self from 100s of objections Wednesday for its plan to sell its assets to an Italian car maker hoping in a marathon court session to save it self from liquidation 

Its watiting to see if brankruptcy judege Arthur gonzalez would approve of sails.

Article posted May 7, 2009 at 09:27 AM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 45

e! Anne Frank & Animal Farm connections!

Anne Frank, a Jew before and during WW II when the Nazis were in control of Germany, controlled by Adolph Hitler. When Anne went to school one day she noticed her teacher was wearing a Nazi armband with a Swastika. She was kicked out of public school, she and her father weren't allowed to sit on their favorite bench in the park, her dad couldn’t have a job and they couldn’t go shopping! Also they had to wear a star with Jude on it. Jew in German. One night Anne and her family woke to BOOM BANG BARK, BARK and gunfire. So did the animals of Animal Farm. The animals were tired of their mean owner so they made him leave by attacking him. So the pigs took control of the farm and named it Animal Farm Napoleon had a secret plan to become leader of animal farm, he would run all the other pigs out of the farm and “revise” the rules. The animals didn’t know what was going on. One night they heard a crash as well and found one of Napoleons pigs with white paint on him and a ladder right next too were the rules were written...  Anne had to run to England to keep from getting killed by the Nazis, her parents assured her they would follow... They didn’t. Her father died of disease and her mom died in the gas chambers, something the Nazis said were a shower in the camps and said people in the camp had to take these “Showers” but really it was deadly gas.

The animals ran away from the farm and most died. Sad endings for sad times.

This is a gas chamber

Article posted April 30, 2009 at 09:56 AM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 47

Larry Wright, Detroit, Michigan, The Detroit News,

He is saying that people are making a HUGE deal over the swine flu that they’re forgetting that the economy is CRUD and Obama is relieved so people won’t get mad at him.

Article posted April 28, 2009 at 09:12 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 44

televise, televise, televise, televise, televise,

Television television television television television television

Act act act act act act

Action action action action action action

Regulate regulate regulate regulate regulate

Regulation regulation regulation regulation regulation

Locate locate locate locate locate

Location location loction location location location

Elect elect elect elect elect elect

Election election election election election election

React react react react react

Reaction reaction reaction reaction reaction

Tense tense tense tense tense

Tension tension tension tension tension

Populate populate populate populate populate

Convict convict convict convict convict

Conviction conviction convitcion conviction

Correct correct correct correct correct

Correction correction correction correction correction

Animate animate animate animate animate

Animation animation animation animation animation

Fascinate fascinate fascinate fascinate fascinate

Fascination fascination fascination fascination fasctination

Article posted April 28, 2009 at 09:45 AM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 47

Hoop dreams Essay

Did Arthur’s dad REALLY change after he got out of jail?

Did Arthur’s dad really change? When he got out of jail for doing drugs and stuff did he PRETEND to change? did he really change? At first Arthur was kinda suspicious of his dad like if he would jump out and be bad again. He got involved in church.

, He became a pastor and he was nicer to his family and friends and other people! Was this all an act? Was he still dealing drugs? There was a robbery when he was a pastor and a shooting though. He was the VICTIM! So I’m sure he changed. He didn’t do drugs. He didn’t rob he was a good person following the church and god! But how good since he was robbed he had to make them mad to kill him! How would Arthur’s career change if he did better in school? Well he would have had a better life, not being so poor, living in a better neiboorhood, he would have had more money, he would have went to a NORMAL college and had a better job.

MAYBE have made it to the NBA.Lived a lot better life too.

Article posted April 27, 2009 at 10:26 AM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 48

Debate

Virgina plan VS New Jersey plan flying pig is New Jersey plan

dancer3 is virgina plan

raccoon09 as great compromise

Flyingpig25; all reps should be = for all states

.

dancer3; Africans have some rights and might get their freedom... someday..

flyingpig25; Yeah freedom and some day!

dancer3; it depends on how they work and stuff

flyingpig25; still why should one state is bigger why should they have more power?

dancer 3;because we have more people here

dancer3; why should little states have more voice in voting if there is less people there?

flyingpig25; half your people you count as property

we should have not more voice in voting but equal voice

dancer3; no we shouldn't because bigger states deserve more votes!

flyingpig; isn't our country called the UNITED STATES not the large united groups!

dancer3; yes it's called large united groups because large states have more power! than little ones!

flyingpig;who decided that? the big groups!

dancer;' yes we decided that because we're better

flyingpig; maybe we decided that we should be equal because we think we are better!

dancer3; why should we be equal when one of us is better than the other?

flyingpig; we should be equal because we know what happens when one person gets too much power because we could turn into a form of England.

dancer3; yeah & what exactly would happen?

flyingpig; we would eventually get tired of it and break away

Raccoon09; ok, I like some of each of your ideas, so let's make a compromise!

raccoon09; slaves will count as 3/5 of a citizen

raccoon09; slave trade will end in 1808

raccoon09 senate will be based on 2 senators from each states

raccoon09; house of reps will have a rep for each 40000 people in the state

raccoon09; we will elect the govt.

raccoon09; we will have a balance of power with checks and balances

raccoon09;seperate the govt. into 3 branches

raccoon09; electoral collage elects prez

Article posted April 23, 2009 at 09:12 AM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 47

Ok guys title it My Dream Is...okay?” Mr. Meyer told the class. During writing class Mr. M told us to write a paper on what our dreams are as an adult, So I started to wonder what it would be like and BAM! I was having another ADHD day dream sessions (Thats what I call em’ at least,) I would be a writer, writing Young adult sci-if action novels, but in the mean time I would do a little freelance reporting, you know, to keep bread on the table for my wife and my son named Henry & so I could pay taxes until my book was done & published. My hobbies would be illustrating random cartoons on a piece of paper and playing online video games with my buddies! My favorite place to eat would be a Chinese place called Little Panda down, I think in Lansing, Our favorite vacation spot would be Jamaica at the Riu hotel & resorts Montego Bay! We would have a Kia Sadona mini van. We would live out in the country where no one would even bother to bother us, and so I could have peace & quiet so I could write my book. But  before all these things happened in my day dream I had one more thing to do, College, M.S.U probably I would learn reporting and writing and art because at the beginning of each chapter of my book I would have a little cartoon. That was my awesome daydream until Mr.M rang the gong to get started writing the paper.

Article posted April 1, 2009 at 08:27 AM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 44

Last hoops CE

Residents of State university, and others are invited to see state go to the FINAL 4! dun dun DUUUN! The team will leave the Breslin center for Detroit on April fools day! GO GREEN GO WHITE!

My favorite animal is a fox,tiger, or penguin . My favorite team is Detroit red wings, My favorite video game is "Metal gear solid! :D" My favorite sport is hockey.