Copyright (c) 2014 by AA Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
AA -- Blogmeister

Letters to John-

by AA teacher: Elise Mueller

I personally think that the Boston Massacre was unfair because it caused death to the colonists. Because they were saying their thoughts in the Boston Massacre and they were sticking up for themselves. Three colonists were killed and two died later. (A.W)

I do not think that King George lll should of made the stamp act! We have to pay tax on material that we did not used to have to pay tax on. I can't even buy a newspaper for John without paying some stinking tax! If we have to pay some tax, just because King George lll doesn’t know how to handle his money, or bargain we shall protest!!! If you think protesting is a good idea, then please comment! (MM)

Article posted February 10, 2009 at 01:50 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 64

I feel that King George should not have given the land to the Indians. We fought long and hard to earn that land, and King George over here hands the land away to some Indians. That land should belong to us! If there are any other patriots that feel the same way as I, then please don’t feel afraid to comment! I know that there are more people that care!(MM)

Dear friend,

“I long to hear that you have declared an independency, and by the way, in the new code of laws witch I suppose it will be necessary for you to make, I desire you would remember the ladies and be more generous and favorable to them then your ancestors. Do not put so much unlimited power into the husband’s hands and put more power into the ladies hands. I think that the men and the ladies should have equal rights. So if you would be so generous please think a little bit about this letter.” By Abigail Adams paraphrased by aw.

Hello. My name is Abigail Adams. I belive that to give woman rights is the way to go. I have written many letters to my husband John Adams. He usually writes back. If you would like to see some of my letters, look in my articles.(MM)