Copyright (c) 2014 by 77 Robbie R Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
77 Robbie R -- Blogmeister

Mr. Phillips

Welcome to an exciting year of learning!

by 77 Robbie R

teacher: 6th Grade

In this science lesson, Changes in matter, I learned a lot. Here are some of the things I learned. I learned the difference between a physical and chemical change which is that a physical change may change the way it looks but it still has the same chemical properties or formula. Another thing I learned is that a symbol is a abbreviation for an element or compound, and I learned what a formula is, it is a chemical equation that forms a chemical change and a solution.

What I liked most about this chapter is the chemical change lab, it is the lab that we first mixed calcium cloride,baking soda,and cabbage juice.

I liked everything about this lesson so I have nothing that I dont like.

Now I have a question for you, Is soap an acid or a base?

In this unit I learned how convection heats a room. First the warm air comes out of the furnace,then it rises to the top of the room. Then it starts to cool so it loses energy,and sinks to the ground and then into the air vent and repeat. Also I learned that matter expands when heated and contracts when it gets cold. Another thing I learned was that the metal things on the bridges were for expansion and contraction. The thing I liked best was that we did a lot of labs. I really liked everything, there was nothing I hated. What I want to know are examples of convection and radiation.