Copyright (c) 2014 by 99 Miheer L Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
99 Miheer L -- Blogmeister

Mr. Lampus

Welcome to an exciting year of learning!

by 99 Miheer L

teacher: 6th Grade

In tis chapter I learned that hydrogen can explode when you light it.  I also learned about exothermic and endothermic reactions. An exothermic reation is a reaction that gives off more energy than is taken in. An endothermic reaction is a reaction that takes in more energy than it gives off.  Another thing I learned is a way to extract sugar from water, by evaporating all of the water.  I liked all of the lab experiments that had a BIG reaction. What I liked least was when we had to clean up a lot of oil in the oil expeiment. One question I have is, what two elements can be mixed together to make it explode. If you find an answer tell me because I want to know. 

This blog is all about me. I am in Mr. Lampus's homeroom. Some of my hobbies are reading, playing sports, and collecting football cards. I like to play flag football, basketball, baseball, and swimming. The book I am reading at the moment is the first Percy Jackson book. 

My favorite subject is science. I like science because we do cool experiments. I also like gym, computers, lunch, and recess. I am looking forward to Greek Olympics. I have a pet turtle that I have had for three months, but I still haven't decided his name, and I don't know his age either.

I love to cook. And more importantly eat the food I cook. I like to experiment with different types of food. I like to make desserts the best because if you are making brownies or a cake you always get to lick the bowl. That is all about me. 

In this unit I learned that you could fry an egg on the sidewalk, you can inflate a balloon with hot water, and make popcorn three different ways.  What I liked best in this unit was eating the popcorn that we made in the popcorn lab.  What I liked least in this unit was looking at a napkin that was once full of popcorn.  One question I have is if there is another way to cook popcorn?