Copyright (c) 2014 by TD Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
TD -- Blogmeister

-

by TD teacher: Mrs. B - Grade 5 (2013-2014)

Article posted January 9, 2014 at 02:30 PM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 261

“When are we going to get there? “I said fanning myself. My dad and I were walking up the sidewalk to Zeitouny Bay. , “Why can’t we just park the car a little closer!?” I complained, I was filled with melancholy! My face was shiny with grime and perspiration. , “Papa, I can’t walk any longer! How far are we?” He was smiling ear to ear and jogging without breaking a sweat! , “We are almost there sweetie!” I looked at him narrowing my eyes and wished I could just sink into the ground into a bed and stay there forever!

Well, there was one thing I was excited about, seeing my best friend, Hana! I didn’t see her in 2 whole months! When I saw the outline of Zeitouny Bay I was about to scream with joy. I sprinted toward the Water ski shop and my heart was beating a million miles a minute! The blur of cars towers and palm trees zoomed pass me and I felt a chilling breeze stroke my face. Finally I reached the water ski shop where I waited for papa, he is so slow!

I sat on the chair panting and sweat trickling down my cheek I smiled; proud of myself for running when I nearly fainted back there. Suddenly I heard little footprints heading towards my direction and saw a little neon blur moving and instantly knew that, it was Hana. I grinned when I saw her gold hair swaying behind her face. , “TINY!” She screamed. I squeezed her hard and nearly suffocated her., “I missed you so much!” I cried and she told me about what’s been going. , “I can’t wait to see you water ski!” she exclaimed. , “wait, WHAT!” I screamed I did not plan for this! , “it’s alright tiny, you will be fine. Hana started chuckling and I knew she liked seeing me freaked out.

I started pacing back and forth thinking; which way I will die today, “I could fall of the boat and get eaten by sharks or my ski will jab my stomach while I am in the water. I could even drown because of the weight of the skis!” I said to Hana, well mostly to myself. Finally Papa came down the slope. , “I did it,” He said cheerfully, “I jogged the entire way from our car!” he raised his arms and we saw the stain on his arm pits. Hana’s brother, Adrian, came and told us that we got to get ready. WHAT AM I GOING TO DO?!

Our coach, Henry, Had Blonde hair up to his shoulders, thick eyebrows and he was very hairy! He gave Hana her water skis and said to me in his deep voice, “Little Hana, I think you will have to take the baby skis!” I was offended in so many ways! First of all I am not ‘Little Hana’ and I most certainly do not need the baby skis!! I tried on Hana’s skis which were way to big, okay maybe I do need the baby skis! I climbed onto the boat and sat next to Hana and we took off!

The boat pulled out of the harbor and our coach went to give the papers to the army men. Hana and I held the boat to the wall and it was very heavy. When Henry came back we left the harbor. Cody Hana’s cousin doesn’t even know my name and he knows my nickname, Tiny. I sat at the tip of the boat and when I released my hands from the handle I raised them in the air and so did Hana. The boat ride was magnificent; every time the boat hit a big wave we flew into the air and splashed on the surface, it felt like the water was made of cement. My hair was flowing behind me and my eyes got watery and shiny. I felt like there was an invisible hand trying to push me back. The wind struck my cheeks hard. And I felt like I couldn’t breathe!

We stopped next to a big wall with moss and tar, the water was brown and mucky which smelled like dead fish. A restraint was on the other side and in between was a little island with a broken row boat. Well it wasn’t the best place but it looked right for a troll’s house. Hana put on her life jacket and her skis and jumped in the filthy water. She grabbed the rope. When we started the engine I gave her thumbs up to distract her from the garbage floating around her.

She stood up immediately and managed to do it with one hand only! I wondered how long she has been doing this. Besides from the taunting music and plastic cans in the ocean I was having a great time watching Hana water ski. When we did a turn she was skiing next to an old run down hiking boot and a rusty ladder. “Have people been throwing all their stuff here!?” I thought to myself and then Henry yelled, “Let go of the rope you’re finished!” She did not let go of the rope so he had to slow down the boat. Hana sank into the water slowly holding the rope and grinning broadly. She climbed on the boat, “Oh, I did not know I was finished!” she said with sarcasm. It was my turn!

I put on the lifejacket that Hana used and I was cold and soaked. Cody told me to dip my feet in the water before putting it in the skis, the water was so chilly. I managed to squeeze my foot in and jumped into the water. My hair was salty and I paddled to the bar attached to the boat. I held on tightly and Henry shouted instructions along with Hana, she gave me a weak smile which meant I was going to die.

I fell on the first try, lost my skis on the second and the third went fine until I let go and flew off. When I managed to do it perfectly I felt water sprinkle my face and wind watering my eyes, I stood up and my legs were not wobbly and wiggly this time! Hana cheered and I was pretty proud of myself. When I finished I hopped on the boat and said, “That was awesome! “You were great Tiny, well for a beginner!” cheered Hana. When we were heading back to the harbor we saw my dad and Hana’s dad on his boat filming us as usual. We told them that we were going to have a boat race to the doom! Henry’s boat against Hana’s dad’s boat! It was magnificent! The best part was at the end we got ice-cream! Today was one of the best days of summer vacation because I got to hang out with my best friend, learn a new sport, get to do a boat race and eat ice cream with thick coated whipped cream. I Wish I get to do this again!

A few weeks later…

, “Woo hoo!” I screamed as I stood up. My legs were shaky and I had rope burn on my palms. My hair was flying behind me and I had to squint to see Hana jumping on the boat clapping for me. It felt like I was running on top of the water. I grinned cheekily as tiny specs of water landed on my face. Slowly I removed my hand from the rope, I tried to keep my balance, I raised my hand and actually waved at Hana, she waved back.I breathed heavily, “I’m doing it,” I thought to myself, “I am actually doing this!”

The End

Article posted December 17, 2013 at 09:18 AM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 245

TD 5B      

Have you ever wondered how the hiccups start or how to cure it? Well, now I’m here to tell you! When you hiccup your diaphragm (the muscle underneath your ribcage that controls your breathing) suddenly contracts, causing air to be sucked into your lungs quickly. This means the flap at the top of your windpipe snaps shut, causing a hiccuping sound.

No one knows what causes the hiccups but there are many suggestions like: Eating too much, drinking caffeinated drinks, eating spicy food, drinking too much alcohol, sudden temperature changes, excited or emotional stress or eating too fast. Babies hiccup even before they are born, which feels weird to the mother. They hiccup because their body wants to make sure their diaphragm is strong, so they can breathe properly.

Did you know that the longest time someone hiccupped for is 68 years; it is even recorded on the Guinness world records! But don’t worry hiccups don’t last long but when you get them here are some tips on how to stop them: People think that drinking a glass of water slowly or fast will stop it. Others think that by scaring someone it will shock the hiccups away. Research shows that when you hold your breath or drink salty water it will go away but no one is quite sure. You can put something sweet like a spoon of sugar under your tongue or suck something sour like a lemon. There are some fun things like put your fingers in your ears and wiggle them or stick out your tongue and pull it. It does not always work. Most people like to breath in a paper bag, NOT A PLASTIC ONE!

A fun fact is that men get the hiccups more than women do and children get it the most! Another word for hiccups is ‘singultus’ (doctors use it.) Doctors are not sure why we continue when we start to hiccup. Hiccups don’t last long except when you have an illness that causes toxins that build up in the blood. Don’t let the hiccups bring you down because in India people think that when you hiccup someone is thinking about you in your family. 

THE END

Article posted December 6, 2013 at 02:48 PM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 101

Hello readers, today we will discuss a topic on which you would not desire to read about but guess what you have to! Anyway we will begin the story of farts… oops gave it away!

It all began long, long, long ago when I was three! Lightning boomed outside my window and scary shadows danced across my wall. I couldn’t sleep because the wind was howling loudly. I tried to hide under my cover but it just made it worst.

Suddenly the wind was banging at the window and it flew open and a cold chill came into my room. I plunged my head onto my pillow and began to cry softly. Then I remembered my mom saying, “You can always come to our room if you are having a bad time sleeping.” So that’s what I did.

I grabbed my stuffed toy and tiptoed out of my room. I was all alone in the dark hallway and the only light was coming from the moon outside the big glass window. It shone brightly into the hallway and it looked gloomy and freaky but my mission was to get across it.

I tiptoed quietly and when I reached my brother’s room I heard soft pig like noises and I stopped and listened it was a snort and a snore and I couldn’t figure out where it came from. I opened the door and it creaked. I looked around and all I found was my baby brother in his little crib with his tiny butt sticking out of it.

I came a little closer and I saw him drooling and making the snore and snort. I checked his window if it was open like mine but it was closed shut and the heater was on. “Lucky!” I thought. Then I left not that quietly.

After that I felt a little hungry so I went to the kitchen. It was the most ghastly room I have been in so far. I saw the fridge and it looked like it was ten feet higher than me. I tried to reach the handle but I was too short. I thought fast even though I was short I was pretty smart. I took one of the chairs and stood on it and pulled the handle.

I said I was smart, not strong so it took me a while to pull it open. I finally managed to open it and a glow filled the kitchen and I saw so much foods that my mouth was getting watery. I took the nearest piece of food and it turned out to be a bowl of cookies! I grabbed the bowl and jumped of the chair and took one too many cookies and dropped the bowl. It smashed, I said to myself, “Blame it on Rashad!” I left the kitchen in a mess and continued my journey to my parents’ bedroom.

This is the time we have been waiting for the grand mission accomplished! I was here at last; the master bedroom was right in front of me! I opened the door; a terrible smell filled the room! I plugged my nose and entered. Awe my parents were sleeping soundly, I’m going to change that! , “Weeeeee” I screamed quietly. I pounced in between my parents and pushed them aside, come on I need space to sleep!

I snuggled into the bed cover. My dad closed all the open spaces with his arms and HE FARTED! , “AHHHHHH!” I screamed struggling for breath I was losing oxygen! Where was a gas mask when I needed it?!  Finally I managed to open the cover and panted. I would never ever do that again! I nearly fainted in there! I ran out of the room and gasped for air! I ran past the kitchen, past my brother’s room the snorting finished, and sprinted into my room.

Coughing into my pillow I would rather stay in this haunted bedroom then enter my parents’ bedroom again!

MISSION COMPLETED! 

Article posted December 6, 2013 at 02:42 PM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 95

Article posted December 6, 2013 at 02:42 PM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 512

Did you ever find out how your Blood works? Well I’m here to teach you. This is a story of how your blood flows in chronological order. I know it’s boring but you have to learn!

First of all your deoxygenated blood goes into your heart through the superior and inferior vena cava. Then the blood enters the right atrium.

Secondly the right Atrium contracts and your blood goes through the tricuspid valve, into the right ventricle. Then the blood goes through the pulmonary artery into the lungs. The pulmonary artery is the only artery that carries deoxygenated blood. It is called and artery because it carries blood from the heart.

Afterwards you exhale the waste (co2) and inhale oxygen. When the oxygen has reached you lungs it replaces the deoxygenated blood with oxygenated blood. Then the blood goes into the pulmonary vein. It is called a pulmonary vein because it carries the blood into the heart.

At last the oxygenated blood goes to the left atrium and then when the left atrium contracts the blood into the mitral valve, into the left ventricle. Finally the blood goes into the aorta and to all body  parts.

I hope you learned as much as I do and that this wasn’t as boring as you thought it was! 

Article posted November 27, 2013 at 09:19 AM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 94

My Memories

Memories I can just remember when I was just a piece of dough. I was being squished and punched and for some strange reason they poked a hole into me and kept it. My friend said to me ‘it’s the new style’ yes I’m the one of the stylish pieces of dough! When all the other pieces of dough got poked we were slammed onto a sticky tray and heaved into a big metal box. I got tanned then after a few seconds I started sweating and then I wailed. All my other inmates were screaming “, HELP WERE BIENG ROASTED!!” I should’ve seen this coming we are going to die and I didn’t see anything I was born 2 minutes ago! Thank goodness a kind man came and took us out of that box of horror and paced us onto a table where we can cool down. I wriggled and rolled but I was stuck to the evil tray. The man came back with a flytrap to hit us! sorry my mistake HE’S GONNA SMUSH US!!! I tried to call for help but words came out! he put it under our bottoms and threw us onto his hands. He took me to a colorful machine and sprayed me some clothes finally I was tired of being naked I was pink with multicolored sprinkles! I was put on display in a place which smelled like baked apple pie and soon enough a chubby little human came and took me home, what a sweet kid. Where am I going now I see something I’m going in a hole of big sharp yellow cubes with cavities? The cubes are closing in on! Me soon I will be going down that hole!! Goodbye! OH NO!!!

THE END 

Article posted November 27, 2013 at 08:53 AM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 97

Article posted November 27, 2013 at 08:46 AM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 271

Well, I am guessing that, what you predicted from the title, the story that your about to read is bloody. Actually this story is a very, um… interesting and that you will probably enjoy it less than you expected. Now where was I Oh yes, now we begin!

Hi again, now I will tell you this story of misery and blood! It all began one day when we were staying in London for the summer. It was evening and I was helping my mom with the shower for my brother. ,”Teena habibti will you be a dear and open the window for me!” I did what she said and tried to open the demon window. Then it happened, the bloody experience!

I didn’t see where I was opening the window. They made the window have two sides that swing open, which was unintelligent because no one makes them anymore and it is really hard to tell! So anyway when that asinine window was heading towards my face I couldn’t tell because I was working on the other side! When I turned my head, then out of nowhere an angry window stabbed me right into the eye and I screamed.

The was the last thing I saw was my mom running in and looked at me like I was a monster about to eat her. When I was able to open my one good eye I saw my mom putting an ice cube on my swollen eye and my brother looking scared.

“What happened?” I asked my mom just gave me a mirror and she gulped when I looked at myself I kinda found out why my brother and mother were afraid of me all of a sudden. My bruised eye was black all around and blood pearls were trickling from my scar across my eye from the demon window! I tried to open my eyelid but it stayed shut. My eye stung and it felt like I just got burned.

When we were in the taxi my mom gave me a tissue and mumbled, “Cover up your eye so no one will get scared” “thanks” I replied sarcastically. My mom called my dad and told him what happened. When she finished I didn’t hear him say anything but then I heard a little mumble, she hung up. When we arrived to the hospital there were many people sitting in chairs watching a football game on a flat screen TV and I was a little surprised to see that many people were not very sad, considering we were at a hospital!

When we entered the kids room we saw my dad sitting in a chair with his phone. And all the kids there were either crying annoyingly or watching Up the movie. When he saw me he squeezed me tightly. , “Can I see your eye fista” That’s what he calls me. When I removed the tissue my dad look disgusted and I was a little disappointed in him!

When I sat down I noticed there were other Arabs, I noticed by their clothes. They were not injured or did not look sick at all, in fact the girl came to us and coughed in our faces and left to her seat. My mom wondered if they were here only for the T.V. Finally the doctor called my name and I entered.

,”Hello how are you” The doctor asked I replied shyly,” I’m fine”. He seemed like a nice doctor and he wasn’t very shy. He kept talking about his cats and I talked about mine. He gave me a medicine to stop making my eye burn and said calmly, “She is fine; thank goodness the window only hit her eyelid.” My mom smiled and we thanked the doctor and waked back to the hospital entrance. As soon as we entered all the people watching the football shouted, “GOAL!!!”

The next day my dad bought me sunglasses and said, “Here- it’s to keep the dust out of your eyes.” But I knew he just didn’t want to look at it. I had fun the rest of the week in London even if I had to wear sunglasses indoors, but I think I started a fad because the next day I saw people doing it.

Till this day my eye is still annoying and it a little smaller than it’s supposed to be.

THE END!

Article posted November 27, 2013 at 08:42 AM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 237

Today was a terrible, horrible and disgusting day. A day I will never ever forget, no matter how hard I try. This is the day where a new person, or should I say THING, was brought into this world and I regret it. On that day I nearly murdered my own mother for giving me this revolting experience. So if you do not want me to share my emotions and feelings with you FINE! Go read funny book with talking animals or something OK!

So now we got all the feelings out of the way, let’s begin! There was a storm outside and thunder was crashing and the wind was howling loudly!! Okay maybe I’m being a little melodramatic. I was at home playing with my stuffed animals. It was October 1st and I was excited for Halloween but I wasn’t in for the scary surprises coming up that day. My dad was running in and out getting things for my mom in her room and since I was so curious I followed him. In the room found my mother sitting in bed breathing heavily and looked really worried and surprisingly fat.

I asked my dad what was going on and he grinned and said, “You’ll get a surprise very soon!” I was very happy at this response so I skipped into my room waiting for my surprise. My grandparents were staying over and watching me while my parents were ‘out’ and I kept asking them about my surprise. But all they said were you‘ll see! I was infuriated and getting inpatient it was over a minute and my surprise wasn’t here yet!

After a while my grandpa told me that we are going and I grabbed my favorite stuffed toy and we left. we were driving to a huge place and I couldn’t read the sign. I thought we are going to meet my parents in the toy store! When I walked in there were a lot of white men with clipboards and sad people laughing and others even crying? Gee people it’s not a big deal that your favorite toy sold out. The weirdest thing is that there wasn’t any toys here! Finally we reached the room my parents must be in and when I walked in I was sucking my thumb harder than ever and clutching my toy .Then I did it.

When I stepped in my mom was holding a blanket and my dad was taking pictures of it. When I got closer I knew that my surprise was in the blanket. Then the horror happened my mom said, “Meet you new baby brother.” NOOOOOOO! I was infuriated and they forgot my present!

Everyone was singing a jolly song which was totally inappropriate for this occasion. I was narrowing my eyes at my ‘brother’ and I threw my toy at him, but I regret it because he could have ate it at any time. I jumped on the bed and threw a huge tantrum! After a while I started crying. My dad was fed up and let me take pictures instead. He asked me to take a picture of the baby but I took a picture of my toy and I .

When we got home I asked my mom if we can return him where he came from but she said it was not possible. I volunteered to ‘take care of him.’ The thing I hated most about him was that he will steal my toys. But when he grew older he learned how to throw things at me and shout “TEEDA” that was his first word. I wasn’t surprised my parents always scream it around the house. I am the star of the house and will always be.

Article posted November 18, 2013 at 02:09 PM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 626

At last the oxygenated blood goes to the left atrium and then when the left atrium contracts the blood into the mitral valve, into the left ventricle. Finally the blood goes into the aorta and to all body parts.

I hope you learned as much as I do and that this wasn't as boring as you thought it was!