Copyright (c) 2014 by IF Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
IF -- Blogmeister

Peace and Love

5B (2013-2014)

by IF

teacher: Mrs. B - Grade 5 (2013-2014)

Article posted March 18, 2014 at 01:00 PM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 969

Homework Is Too Much

I think homework is a waste of time and a waste of child hood. Have you ever wondered why most of your child hood flashbacks are of you studying and missing out on fun times with your family and friends? I think homework should not be banned but it should be limited to 2 days a week. In case you did not understand what this passage will be about it is about why homework should be limited to 2 days a week because it can be too much for your kids and for the teachers try to make homework less for your students please.

I think homework should be limited to because it can be too much for kids to handle and according to the authors of "National Differences, Global Similarities: World Culture and the Future of Schooling," too much homework can demoralize students and lead to lower test scores.” Homework is educational but it might be too hard and their teachers might be pushing them to the limit. Here are some things that I think why homework can make students might hate homework and as one I know there is a lot. First homework is corrected quickly and students can get frustrated and lose interest and energy. The homework can be confusing and the parents might be sorry for their kids and do the homework for them. To be honest they are just kids and they need time to do activities like sports and maybe to play an instrument. Not only do they get stressed they stay up late to finish the homework and do not have enough energy for the day ahead of them.

I know some of you parents are wondering where the pros of homework and why do they have this much of it, well homework helps to clarify what was learned during the school day and It gives practice with content, concepts and skills, again I will repeat that homework should be limited to 2 days to help your kids, and besides they are getting education but having fun as well. 

When you get back home from school it’s like your still in school because you do homework and that make you feel like there is no escape work and that feels bad to many kids that they have left school and now they are still in school working hard and not leaving time for fun and family. Kids should be allowed to be free from work and I know that it is good to learn but not all the time. Furthermore, I think the solution to all of the questions I might have made you ask yourself is that we should limit homework to 2 days a week because not only will leave time for family friends it will also leave time for hobbies and relaxation. To be clear I am not against home work but I am with limiting the homework and I am not trying to affect your decision about giving your child homework or not but all I hope you do is think carefully about the one you are making because it will not affect you it will affect your child.

Thank you

Article posted December 6, 2013 at 02:46 PM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 594

Pillow

Dear humans,

You Love me, you cuddle me, and you sleep on me. You keep me with my mommy and siblings. “Do you know what I say to that?” I guess you don’t .So I’ll just tell you”. “Get off me you big headed giant, and get those to melons out of my face.” “Have mercy on me! No!! You didn’t learn that you should only sleep on me rather than sit on me!!!! What did I do to you? I have only been nice, fluffy, and soft to you and your head. The best time of the week is when that considerate lady washes me. Woman what are you doing? I’m supposed to be your pillow, and you’re putting your baby on me. Ewe he’s drooling on me!!! Don’t change his diapers here, now! Do it in the bath room! I beg you please take my suggestions and make it possible.

Love pillow.

Article posted November 27, 2013 at 09:00 AM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 134

Have you been so naïve that you would do something you saw on TV alone, without adult supervision? I have. It was the year 2006; I was watching Barney witch was my beloved show, by beloved I mean I’m not interested in it anymore. In this episode Barney was teaching us that cutting our hair is important, while my mom was preparing my mil bottle. Suddenly I got an idea. When my mom left the room after handing me my milk bottle, I slam the door then got to work. I grabbed the scissors of the shelf and turned off the TV. I looked in the mirror and did it. Out of nowhere a tear trickled down my face, then another and another, the cause of the tears leads to a scream. My mom rushed up, “What happened, is anyone hurt?” she said worriedly. I pointed to my brown curly locks on the floor, and then I began to cry again. “Don’t worry we will fix them”, she said in a soft voice. She wiped of my tears and ruffled my curls, I looked in her eyes and I saw that look, the it’s all my fault look, but I for gave her then we got ice cream happily ever after.

Article posted September 18, 2013 at 02:58 PM GMT+2 • comment (5) • Reads 608

☺ I love water melon and cupcakes.

☻ I love puppies and kittens

☺ I love art and music

☻ I'm Lebanese

☺ I don't like sports

☻ I love doctor pepper

☺ I love purple

Article posted January 31, 2013 at 10:03 AM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 225

Article posted January 9, 2012 at 12:51 PM GMT+2 • comment (3) • Reads 143

Article posted October 25, 2011 at 12:48 PM GMT+2 • comment (7) • Reads 150

Going to Roadster’s

When me and my mom went to Roadster’s in Hamra we were so hungry and tired. We went in, found a table, and sat down waiting for the menu. When the menu came I ordered chicken strips and my mom ordered salad.

As I looked across at my mom I was smiling and almost giggling. My mom smiled back. This time it was only me and mom, we had left my two brothers and dad behind. It felt so good to have freedom from my brothers and have my mom all to myself. My brothers always take time away from my mom because they are younger. When the food came, we started to chat and eat. Chat, eat, and talk about doing this again.

When we finished we paid $56 and then we went home in my mom’s Audi (by the way, that’s a kind of car). We had such a good time that we decided to do this every month.