Copyright (c) 2014 by E Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
E -- Blogmeister

Best friends-

The students of 3rd ESO at INS Manolo Hugué, doing the optional subject "Planning a Trip", are going to organize a trip to Holland, in a class exchange. They are going to Naaldwijk, in March. The Dutch students are coming to visit us in May.

by E teacher: Dolors Permanyer

Naaldwijk is a town in the Dutch province of South Holland. There are 17.753 inhabitans and It lies about 10 km. It’s very flat . The tallest mountain in Holand is Mont Vaalsm, it height is about 320 meters.The coat of arm of Naaldwijk is a red lion with blue claws and a crown.

The principal ingredients of Holland are potatoes, fresh fish and vegetables. A typical sweet is Griotten, a small black sweet that has liquorice.

In Naaldwijk there are some church. The most famouse are the Oude Kerk and Sint Adrianuskerk. In Naaldwijk there is an old water tower, too.

The festivities celebrated in Naaldwijk are Sinmaarten, 11th November; Day of the Queen, 30th April; Christmas Greeting, 25th December; and Games and eating traditional food as Oliebol.

The climate is temperate and wet.; it rains a lot but not very heavy.

They have cold summers with temperatures about 25ºC while the winters are very colds, with frequent frosts and fogs.

1.What is Anne’s full name and when was she born?

Anneliese Marie Frank

2. Where is she from? Why and when did she move to Amsterdam?

She's from Germany. She moved to Amsterdam on 9th July, 1942 because she was hiding from the nazis during the World War II.

3.What is the address of the secret annex where Anne and her family hid?

They lived in the back of a building, which they called achterhuis (Dutch word which huis means house and achter, further back). The door of achterhuis was covered with a shelving for couldn't see.

4. Who helped the family to hide?

Victor Kugler, Johannes Kleiman, Miep Gies and Elisabeth "Bep" Voskuijl were the only employees who knew of the hiding place and, along with Jan's husband, Gies and Johannes Hendrik Voskuijl, the father of "Bep" Voskuijl, were those who helped the Frank to survive for the duration of their confinement.

5. Why did she write a diary?

Because she got a diary for her 13 birth, and she wrote about how she lived in that situation.

6. When was the diary published?

In 1947.

7. In how many languages can it be read?

It has been printed in over 67 languages.

8. When can the house of Anne Frank be visited?

From 15 March to 14 September: 09:00 to 21:00 (July and August to 22:00).

From 15 September to 14 March: 09:00 to 19:00.

9. How much does it cost?

Adults: 8.50 €.

Children 10 to 17 years and Youth Card: 4 €.

Children under 9 years: free.

check in: facturar

departures: sortides

arrivals: nouvinguts

gate: porta

crew: tripulació

delay: retard

flight: vol

The highest point in the Netherlands is less than one metre above the sea level. The Netherlands has about 17,000,000 inhabitants. The average temperature in January is 2.8 Cº (37.0 Fº). In fact, it has low temperatures almost all the year.

Keukenhof is the world’s largest flower garden, in Lisse. It’s open all year long but the most beautiful season to watch it is in spring.

De Hoge Veluwe is the oldest and biggest national park in the Netherlands. The Randstad is a conurbation. It consists of the four largest Dutch cities: Amsterdam, Rotterdam, The Hague and Utretch. Almost 1,300 bridges cross Amsterdam.

Today are still working moret han 1,000 windmills in the Netherlands. A polder is a low-lying tract of land enclosed by embankments (barriers) known as dikes. They are important in the Netherlands because of the sea level.

Pannekoeken is a pancake and the main ingredients are flour, milk, salt and eggs.It is legal to take drugs in coffe shops. Sinterklass is the Santa Claus of Holland. He gives presents to Duth children with the help of his assisstants, called called Zwarte Piet.

Caldes is a village. It is only 25Km from Barcelona. There’s about 17000 inhabitants.

This town was an important roman village because it has thermal water. Today, we have Roman Thermes. The Iberians were also installed  in Caldes and now remain an Iberian tower, called “Torre Roja, in a mountain near the villange.

In Caldes there are two small catholic churches. It has a square called “Plaça del Lleó” where there is a fountain of hot water. There is an old laundry.

Near of Caldes there is a mountain called Farell.

Caldes has three spa: Termas Victoria,  Broquetas and Vila de Caldes. They are very relaxing!

In Caldes there are three nurseries, three schools and two high schools.

Most famous food in Caldes are: carquinyolis, a kind of cookie made of almonds, sugar, flou rand eggs; ‘mató’, a type of fresh cheese; ‘llonganissa’, it’s a famous sausage; and two famous licors are Flors del Remei and Anís de Taronja.

The most outstanding celebrations are: Escaldàrium, it’s the festival of fire and water; Festa del Corpus, consist in filling the streets with carpets made with flowers.

Festa Major, is the most expected festival. This year started on  8th till 12nd October. People like because there are many parties and also come the funfair. This year came two famous Catalan groups. It was amazing!

My name is Ester.

I’m fourteen years old. My birthday is 18th of April.

I’m from Caldes de Montbui. It’s a village near to Barcelona. My house is bigger than other house but it isn’t really big.

I have one sister. She’s older than me. She is seventeen years old. Her name is Anna. My mother’s name is Rosa and my father name is Josep. My mother is a psychologist and my father is an emergency control operator. I have one cat. Its name is Lins. My grannies are alive but my granddads are dead.

I’ve got  long brown hair and brown eyes. My face is oval. I’ve got a little nose. I’ve got a fair skin. I’m a bit high. I’m cheerful, happy and friendly. I’m intelligent and confident.

I love dancing and I dance twice a week. I’m starting to learn how to play the guitar. My favourite food is my granny’s food. My favourite music group is Maldita Nerea.

My sister also did an exchange and she had fun. So I want to make this exchange to meet new people and a new country.

Article posted October 7, 2011 at 12:16 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 50

Hello!! My name’s Coral. I was born on 6th February, 1997. I’m from Spain and I live in Caldes de Montbui, Catalonia. I’m very tall and thin. I’ve got long, straight fair hair and brown eyes. I’m a little bit shameful at the beginning of meeting someone but then I’m friendly and kind.

I live with my parents and my big brother. He’s almost sixteen. I haven’t got any pet. My parents don’t speak English too well. I usually get angry with my brother because he likes bother me. We live in a little flat but it’s cozy.

My best friends are Ester, Helena, Ariadna, but I’ve got many more friends. We usually meet at the weekend and we always take a walk around the town.

I love music and dance. I like to travel but I never travelled before. I don’t like sports. My favourite food is soup, pizza, egg with chips, but I don’t like vegetables or fish.

I’m excited about going to Holland to meet new friends, visit another country and practice more English.

We are excited to make the exchange beacause of meeting new friends and practicing English.

We are two Spanish teen girls who love music and dancing.