Copyright (c) 2014 by BA Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
BA -- Blogmeister

Wicked Bloggosphere!

Mr. Schade, Division 9

Hello and welcome to our Blog! Here you will find information on various assignments, upcoming events, what's going on in our classroom, and our thoughts about the world around us. Enjoy!

by BA

teacher: Mr. Schade

Article posted June 12, 2012 at 07:37 PM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 71

The D.P Todd band trip was pretty cool because I liked watching my favorite instrument the trumpet and the sounds it was making. I like the trumpet because it sounds really catchy. I want to know what notes are on the trumpet and what sounds each notes make.

Article posted May 30, 2012 at 08:44 PM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 38

Hockey. A sport I have always loved ever since I was a kid. It was when my dad had taken me to an open ice skate when my hockey life began. I had my first pair of skates as a present when I was four years old. I never really knew of the sport at the time, but now I was able to expirence it. No one was present on the ice as I entered the rink. The cold of the ice ran down my back as I took my first steps on. The cold didn’t stop me though. As I stepped upon the ice, I had a feeling of relief. Hockey is what let me go fast. Always have I been the fastest kid in my class and hockey let me expand on what I loved to do. One stride at a time I went, until I was able to glide upon the ice. My blades of my skates sunk into the ice like a lion tearing at its prey. As the frost beat against my face, I soon realized that I was able to skate. Even though it was all fuzzy in my memory, I remember feeling all types of joy rush all throughout my body. It was the first sign of potential in hockey. It was a first omen.

Article posted May 24, 2012 at 05:15 PM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 37

1. I might score a goal at my soccer game tonight.

2. The goalie made a quick glove save.

3. I don't like to write these sentences.

4. Every year I get closer and closer to high school.

5. Falen has to repeat Science 9 twice.

6. When my mom saw my grades, she wanted to cry.

7. Uncle Mark wears bright pink spandex.

8. I can't wait till summer, when the sky is blue.

9. Next year I am going to try and play for the pee wee rep team.

10. I have booked my flight to Italy for the summer.

Article posted May 15, 2012 at 07:14 PM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 42

For my first meal of the day I had 12 whole grain bread with my favourite juicy strawberry jam with Rasin Bran. My second meal was a mouth watering watermelon slices accompanied by a peanut butter and raspberry jam sandwich on succulent whole wheat bread. For my final meal which happens to be dinner. I had a scrumptious Roast beef and mashed potatoes along with steamed vegetables that were to die for. Not only were all my meals delicious but they were also a healthy alternative from junk food.

Article posted April 24, 2012 at 07:31 PM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 42

Pros

.Monitored

and regulated by the

Environmental Protection

Agency (EPA).

.Numerous tests are conducted to ensure safety of tap water

and there are drinking water standards for regulated contaminants.

.Most community water supplies have the added benefit of fluoridation and that promotes strong teeth and prevents tooth decay.

.Water system operators have to be certified.

Cons

.Some water is carried in lead pipes from utility companies to homes, which means lead can leach from pipes into the water.

.The EPA allows tap water to have 10 parts per billion (ppb) of arsenic in it, although scientists now know there is no safe level of arsenic.

.Pharmaceuticals and Personal Care Products as Pollutants (PPCPs) get introduced into the water supplies by individuals or agribusiness either through sewer lines, regular use of the products, or improper disposal.

Article posted April 22, 2012 at 02:56 PM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 37

Earth Day is a time of year to stop wasting energy or littering. What you can do to make a change in our environment is recycling, picking up trash and saving energy. It is now spring so we can plant trees or plants or a vegetable garden.

Article posted March 22, 2012 at 02:49 PM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 41

My two day ski trip was so awsome. I was in the beginner group. In the beginner group we worked on side steps, snow pile and turns. Our instructor said that we were doing so well that the next day we could go on the chair lift. Day two! We were on the chair lift and it was so scary at first. Our instructor took us on Easy Rider and we worked on turns well we were going down. When we got to the bottom our instructor said we could have free time and that we could only go on Easy Rider and Mombo. I went on Mombo first and I tride to stay away from the ice but that didn't work out to well!

Article posted February 23, 2012 at 02:09 PM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 40

The Northern Gateway Pipelines are two twin Pipelines that go from Alberta to B.C and the other B.C to Alberta. They carry oil and Natural gas. I am against this idea because the oil can leak in to the rivers,lakes and oceans and kill millions of animals and destroy there habitats. It is unfortunate with all are modern technology why we cant figure out how to make a safer why to transport these resources and save are natural environment.

Article posted February 8, 2012 at 10:10 AM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 43

1.Ontario has the largest population in Canada. It has 13,373,000 people. Nunavut has the least population, it has 33, 300 people. Ontario has 13,339,700 more people than Nunavut.

2.

The Confederation bridge in Canada connects the provinces of New Brunswick and Prince Edward Island.

3.Joni Mitchell originally wrote Big Yellow Taxi about her father getting arrested. At the time, the police cars in Mitchell's hometown of Toronto were yellow.

The Counting Crows did a cover of the song with Vanessa Carlton, which is the most popular version.Let others help you find your path.

Article posted February 8, 2012 at 09:30 AM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 43

If I was a Monkey I would be a squirrel Monkey jumping from tree to tree. I’m extremely quiet as I move through the forest. I have a little fury face and I am very shy and quiet. I rarely will leave the safety of the trees to explore the hard ground. If you happen to get a glimpse of me I might be eating juice fruit or even a crunchy bug. My tiny little hands will cling to rough branches as I move from tree to tree I feel the warm sun on my body. Birds don’t like me because I have been known to eat their warm eggs. I love the smell of the forest it is earthy and fresh. I panic and shake at the site of my predator. I stay quiet and still to avoid the jungle cat. I wonder what it would be like to sit on a humongous tree with the sun on my back. How would I talk.

Five things I would like you to know about me are; I play hockey. Im the youngest of three children. I have a cat named sniffy. I love gym class. My favorite colour is blue.