Copyright (c) 2014 by Arie Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Arie -- Blogmeister

Glitter Words
[Glitterfy.com - *Glitter Words*]-

Hi everyone we are a composite class in New Zealand. We love God, learning and sport! We hope you will check out our blogs and see all the wonderful learning we are doing.

by Arie teacher: Bright Sparks

Article posted December 8, 2011 at 07:40 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 159

Race for the Record 

Chapters: 12       

Pages: 139

Illustrations: Yes

Text size: Medium

Genre: adventure

Author: Dave & Neta Jackson She has written lots of books. One of them is Ambushed in Jaguar Swamp.

Eleven year old Alistair Sutherland's missionary parents want to leave a gospel message for people in the Philippine Islands in 1949. How can they leave a copy if no one knows the language? Then they hear about Joy Ridderhof, a missionary, who can make records on her portable recording machine. Amazingly another opportunity arises out of a misfortune when a Palawanos boy is injured while they are trading goods. They take him back and teach him English. He can translate the Palawanos language into English. He also hopes that Mrs Ridderhof will be able to take him to boarding school.

But bad weather, kidnappers, malaria and a temperamental tape machine interfere with Alistair plans. With Joy Ridderhof leaving and the record still not made.

Will Alistair and Lastani make it?

The ship is leaving. Have they arrived too late?

The main character is Alistair Sutherland

He is a character who is persistent because he gets given a job and he finishes it. He is diligent, but not very fit.

‘A thought sprouted at the back of Alistair’s brain: If the ships are running, why can’t I go to school?’

I like my character because he never gives up.

Article posted August 11, 2011 at 10:22 AM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 60

I am investigating the case of  the endangered Honeybee.

The Honeybee is mostly found wherever there are flowering plants with pollen and nectar.

The Honeybee's habitat  is mostly around forest, gardens, orchards, crops, berries and flowering fields.

The reason why Honeybees are endangered is because farmers are using a chemical called pesticides** that kill mites which the bees react to and can die within days.

Another reason the Honeybees are dying is because the workers are getting sick and leaving the hives which means no food is getting brought back to the queen and helpers.

Did you know 1/3 of the worlds food needs to be pollinated by Honeybees. So if our world loses the Honeybees it will be an international disaster.

A way we could help the Honeybee not fade away and become extinct like some other animals could be...

*Create certain pesticides that destroy all harmful insects but do not kill the Honeybees.

*Make certain areas in each town in the world that looks after the Honeybee.

This clip shows some more information about the Honeybee.

**The pesticide they use is called  Ovicides

I hope you enjoyed what I have written about my topic.

Article posted August 3, 2011 at 01:18 AM GMT0 • comment (4) • Reads 58

I walked on to the field, ready to play as a pro. I could not wait for this moment any longer. I was playing for the New York Giants this year as the quarterback. Just before the game started my coach asked me if I was ready. I said,

“That’s a stupid question, of course I am.”

My adrenalin kicked in. I was ready to play. The opposition kicked the ball as if it was as light as a feather and as fast as a lightning bolt. The fullback on my team was Adrian Peterson he was the best fullback in the world. He caught the ball and charged into a brick wall of defence. My first play was horrible as if I had drunk a thousand bottles of beer. But gradually I got better and better until I was undefeatable.

Later in the game I was scoring touchdowns left and right. We were in such a big lead over the Jacksonville Jaguars that the coach substituted off my team-mates and I, and put on the beginners, and of course I was not a beginner any more.    

By Arie

Article posted June 13, 2011 at 03:46 AM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 59

"Yahoo!! Yahoo!! Yay!! Yay!! Go Rabbitohs!! Go Warriors!!" It's half time in Mount Smart Stadium where the South Sydney Rabbitohs are leading the New Zealand Warriors by one try from Chris Sandow.

"Ok people the second half is underway."

James Malony kicks the ball down the field to David Taylor who does a charging run into the Warriors strong defence line.

After a long and hard set of six the Rabbitohs were finally at the Warriors end of half way. The ball was passed back to Issac Luke. He got smashed in a combination tackle by Kevin Locke and Simon Mannering. They had one more tackle left. The ball was passed back to Chris Sandow. He kicked the ball up so high it would have ice on it when it came back down. Kane Morgan and Krisnan Inu were contesting for the ball. Krisnan Inu caught it, and ran, and ran, and ran to the try line. Where he dived in celebration because he scored the only try for the Warriors. Now it was up to James Malony to get the winning points with the conversion. The kick was pin perfect, that it went straight down the middle.

The Warriors won the tournament by two points.

"We are here with Krisnan Inu the try scorer for the Warriors. So why do you think you won the game Inu?" asked the commentator.

" Because we never gave up, no matter what!" said Inu.

Article posted May 10, 2011 at 03:23 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 61

I hope that all you people will like my blog. 

Can you help me please?

I'm not good at writing stories.

I need your help.

Please comment on my articles.

Article posted May 10, 2011 at 01:38 AM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 58

I think that blogging is cool because:

• You get to interact with other kids.

• Comment on other kids stories and articles about what they have written.

• You can share what you have written.

• Learn new things from other people's comments.

• And you own your blog page. 

Article posted May 3, 2011 at 03:37 AM GMT0 • comment (5) • Reads 62

My dreams are prison doors

Locked away

Never to be seen again

A new one comes but gets taken away

They try to come back but they can't

Why am I not allowed to see them again?