Copyright (c) 2014 by LS Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
LS -- Blogmeister

The Big Apple-

by LS teacher: Mrs. B (Grade 5 - 2011-2012)

Article posted May 3, 2012 at 11:35 AM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 152

I Am From

I am from a small humble family

I am from two loving and caring parents, who sacrificed everything for me

I am from art, culture, imagination and hope

I am from different outrageous special cultures

I am from a school which respects the differences of students

I am from gazing at starry nights, imagining the universe

I am from shyness but eagerness

I am from a family that follows traditional celebrations

I am from golfing with my dad and reading with my mom

I am from spring mornings and summer nights, swimming at the beach and sledding in the snow

I am from education and knowledge

I am from a country that has been suffering for its people a country that has strong and unique Traditions embedded in its land

I am from a strong and stable world

I am from hard work and believing in your dreams from never giving up

I am from …

Article posted April 26, 2012 at 09:21 AM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 61

Article posted February 7, 2012 at 09:13 AM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 49

Stop Poverty

Every human deserves to go to bed with a full stomach, education, and shelter. Otherwise that wouldn’t be right. Just think about all those parents suffering to feed their children. If you take a moment to think about how hard it is to live a miserable and unfortunate life like all those citizens that have been overcome by poverty you want to help by donating as much as you can.

First, I think all children and adults should have a healthy diet. It breaks my heart to say that about half of the people on earth suffer from poverty and famine. We see children every day on the street pleading for some money for food. And most of which go to bed on empty stomachs and dream about biting a piece of bread. But that’s not fair, to think that some people who receive plates and plates of food but don’t appreciate it.

Secondly, education is one of the most important key to life. People who are now-a-days suffering from poverty are lacking education. That isn’t right because everyone deserves an equal chance of education. People need the twelve years of school then the four years of college or else they would go nowhere in life Jobs require knowledge and education and most parents are incapable of finding jobs, because of the lack of knowledge. This brings us back to poverty and how people suffer to find a job, which eventually leads to loss of money and that leads to poverty issues. If you really think about it, you’ll find out that this is the main cause of poverty.

Lastly, almost all unprivileged people are homeless. They live by the trash can or on the street. That’s why most of them die especially during winter when they sleep outside in the freezing weather unprotected. Just imagine yourself lying on the cold pavement floor hoping and trying to fall asleep and to forget all the miseries that you’re going face tomorrow. Think about mothers with their little infants only a couple of months old with no shelter whereas other little babies all around the world would be sleeping in their colorful beds. That wouldn’t be fair to anyone no matter what.

Please help stop poverty. No shelter, food, or an education is the effects of poverty. Donating a can of corn can or a bag of rice could spread a smile on that persons face. Or help build small huts for shelter and donating money to unprivileged parents may encourage them to send their children to school. Please help stop poverty.

Article posted January 26, 2012 at 09:50 AM GMT+2 • comment (1) • Reads 65

The Road Not Taken

By: Robert Frost

This poem was mainly about decisions in life. When you decide on something, it would be final. Sometimes you look back in relief or regret. I think Robert Frost was trying to say that in life you face a lot of cross roads, but once you have chosen a path you will look back and think weather it was right or wrong. And that’s normal in life. I believe in life that all the decisions you make are not by chance but by will. I also think you are capable of controlling your own life. That why some people end up in a difficult situation and they complain that life is by chance but it really isn’t. Because the things you do in life may lead to the situation you’re stuck in now. All you have to do is connect the dots.

Article posted January 18, 2012 at 10:19 AM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 53

I have never seen so much snow in my entire life!! I loved this trip so much. Sitting by the fire and sipping hot coco was one of my favotite times. Listen up 5C and 5A your going to have the best time ever! We learned how to make paper, archery, and pottery. The hike in the snowy weather was the great. I loved it so much.

Article posted January 18, 2012 at 09:45 AM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 61

Embedded in each finger is a component of  your culture. As your finger print your culture is unique and it's what makes you special, different,and unique. Without it you would be no one just a simple shadow strolling around so hold on to that hand of yours because it represents you and your culture.

Article posted January 10, 2012 at 09:27 AM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 61

The Extraordinary Adventures of Alfred Kropp

Characteristic Traits of Alfred Kropp

Humble: Down to earth. Likes technology but can live without it.

Insecure: Hates his size and looks, always feels left out because of his physical appearance.

Blunt: Everything that comes into his mind goes shouting out of his mouth without thinking about the consequences.

Summary

This thrilling and fascinating book The Extraordinary Adventures of Alfred Kropp sends shivers down your spine with the most outstanding events and sequences all packed up in 339 pages. The adventures will take you back in time to King Arthur and his knights sitting around the round table discussing the events and problems of Camelot.  In the mean time a minor teenage boy Alfred Kropp living with his uncle has been offered a deal to steal a mystery sword from his uncle’s boss. Alfred miserably agrees, but once he has stolen the sword he realizes the power and strength of what was King Arthur’s sword. Surprised that the sword was King Arthur’s, Alfred tries to return the sword back to its original owners and sacrifices his life for the sword. The story mainly takes place all around the world in France, England, and mainly Tennessee. While trying to save the sword from falling into the wrong hands, mischief and trouble come knocking on his door and there’s no way out!

Richard Yancey

Richard Yancey, the award winning author of The Extraordinary Adventures of Alfred Kropp, earned a degree in English from Roosevelt University of Chicago. The Extraordinary Adventures of Alfred Kropp was nominated for the prestigious Carnegie Medal in 2005. He has also written a number of books including Confessions of a Tax Collector, Teddy Ruzak mystery series, The Monstrumologist series, and The Highly Effective Detective. Rick lives in Florida with his wife Sandy and two sons.

Connections

·        This book resonates with “The Series of Unfortunate Events” because of all the bad luck Alfred Kropp has just like the Baudelaire children.

·        Kropp reminds me to be thankful for what I have because the main theme is having nothing but at the same time having everything.

·        The adventures that Alfred Kropp goes through resemble those of King Arthur and his knights.

Publication Facts

·        Genre: Fantasy Fiction

·        Level: X-Y

·        Year Published:  September 2006 by Scholastic

·        Pages: 339

Bibliography

http://www.bookbrowse.com/biographies/index.cfm/author_number/1227/richard-rick-yancey

http://authors.simonandschuster.com/Rick-Yancey/63159059/biography

Article posted December 20, 2011 at 02:22 PM GMT+2 • comment (1) • Reads 93

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/eusJp96ol1Kl2RiwisA7yuJROBArvdeeMLrKHOQbKvI?feat=embedwebsite" target="_blank">http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/eusJp96ol1Kl2RiwisA7yuJROBArvdeeMLrKHOQbKvI?feat=embedwebsite">

Article posted December 13, 2011 at 10:57 AM GMT+2 • comment • Reads 51

I recommend a book called Abby Carnelia's One and Only Magical Power.It's a fun and fasinatinng book about a an elen year old girl who has a magical power to spin eggs by pulling her earlobes. Amazing right? Well I really liked this book and found it interesting and fun to read. If you are wondering about the level so you could red it in class it's between W-X!!!

Article posted November 21, 2011 at 09:39 AM GMT+2 • comment (3) • Reads 263

Deir El Qamar!

It was amazing feeling that cold fresh air against my cheek while sitting around the crackling fire which sounded like a lion roaring through the night.  I loved sitting there in our tent listening to the howls of the restless dogs as their paws smash onto the fence. The Deir el Qamar trip was even better than I had expected. One the first day we got to Deir el Qamar we sat on the edge of the rock staring at the sunset fade from blue to purple to pink to red and finally to orange, then suddenly it disappeared. After dinner we all went into our tents and sat down and talked throughout the night. We got up the next day extremely early wondering what to do next. After all the teachers had awoken we all joined outside. Playing tag and having to go run through bushes to find the missing treasure. After having a delicious breakfast and the best hot chocolate ever that tasted like heaven running down your throat. We went to play a couple of bounding games out in the woods. We left to pack our stuff and to get back to Beirut. After we had gotten on the bus and were settled down we all started to pray that we would go to Deir el Qamar next year too!!!!