Copyright (c) 2014 by Anna Tucker Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Anna Tucker -- Blogmeister

AT's blog

3H 2010-11

by Anna Tucker

teacher: Sue Halbert

Article posted June 25, 2011 at 08:57 AM GMT-5 • comment (2) • Reads 122

Chapter 1. A fun adventure

Olivia, a curious 2nd grader threw on her favorite shirt, shorts and flipflops for a fun adventure. Her kind parents said that they would be going on a hike!

When everyone was ready, they went in some nearby forest to hike in. "Olivia, guess what I found?" Olivia's mom asked. "A Toad!"

"Can we keep it, Mom?"

"No, Olivia, the woods is where it should live."

"Awwwww..." squealed a dissapointed Olivia. Meanwhile, Olivia's dad saw something...

Chapter 2. A lucky find

"Come here, you guys," whispered Olivias dad in a soft, soothing voice. "I think I found something. It's a box with a blanket on top. Maybe there is something in the box-"

Olivia ran over to the box and ripped the blanket off and opened the wooden box.You didn't expect a little 8-year-old to leave an interesting box behind, did you? Anyway there was a small bunny in there and it looked like a pet bunny, not a wild one. Olivia's whole family loved bunnies.

"Can we keep THAT animal?" asked Olivia who was not giving up.

"I'll tell you what, said Olivia's mom. "We'll come back tomorrow and see if there is still a bunny in there."

"Oh, thank you, mommy, thank you, thank you!"

Chapter 3. Bad, but good

The very next day, the Jhonsons went back to the same forest. They got to the box but the bunny was not there! "Dad, where is the bunny?!? It was right here!"

"I don't know, but wherever it is, I don't think we'll find it. Let's just go home.

Olivia cried aaaaaall the way home. But right when they stepped foot in the house, a lost little friend was sitting there twitching it's nose. "Can we keep him, now, Mom?"

"Yes, yes we can."

THE END

Article posted June 10, 2011 at 11:23 AM GMT-5 • comment (1) • Reads 120

By Anna Tucker

Chapter 1.

Sophie lay in her bed without making a sound on an early, Christmas morning. It was a very quiet, peaceful holiday while the powdery snow poofed against Sophie’s window while the branches clicked against her window. The noises sounded relaxing together.

Usually kids like Sophie wake up early on Christmas. It was still early, but Sophie was still asleep. Suddenly, her little first-grader eyes slightly opened. She jumped upright in her bed, saw 2 feet of snow outside and realized it was Christmas!! Sophie leaped happily downstairs, at a time her parents would never get up at. It was still early. There were about 2 dozen gifts under the Christmas tree. Then Sophie saw a huge one that caught her eye…

She ripped it open and found a small, adorable puppy inside a cage. When Sophie saw it, she thought no one in the whole world could look into its big brown eyes and say no. Sophie immediately took the puppy carefully out of the cage. She got bundled up to play outside with her new puppy. It was as cute as a button.

Sophie and her new dog played tag, (the dog would nudge you to show that you were it) a few games of fetch with the tennis ball that came with the dog, and Sophie made a snowman that the dog knocked down. They had played so long, Sophie did not even know it was lunch time! She rushed inside the big blue house. Sophie’s parents were up. They were very nice, caring and helpful parents.

“Guess what, Mom and Dad?” asked Sophie.

“What?” asked Sophie’s dad.

“I GOT A PUPPY FOR CHRISTMAS!!!” replied Sophie as loud as she could.

“Wow! May we see him?” asked Sophie’s mom eagerly.

“Sure, and you don’t need to worry about him. I’ll make him my responsibility,” said Sophie as she went back outside to get her dog.

“Wow, Sophie, that is one nice black lab!” complimented her very smart dad.

Sophie smiled proudly and had a grilled cheese sandwich and some hot cocoa. She now had a cocoa moustache on her mouth. What a day!

Chapter 2

That night, Sophie was fast asleep with her puppy right beside her. Sophie and her dog looked like best friends together, and they probably were.

The next morning, Sophie could not find her dog ANYWHERE. She looked in the kitchen, the family room, the dining room, her parent’s room, her room, even the bathroom! She was nervously turning the house upside down like a spaz looking for her puppy.

Then, Sophie remembered her dog LOVES the outside world, especially her backyard. In a flash, she rushed outside and saw her dog flying high above the yard. Sophie immediately got her snowsuit on, and rushed outside.

“BANG” went the door as Sophie hit it open. She froze, and stared at her dog in amazement. She was AMAZED. Sophie was a brave and imaginative little girl. She wasn’t scared of a flying dog. Sophie went back inside with a smile on her face and woke her parents to tell them what happened.

“Mom, Dad, my dog is flying outside!” said Sophie.

“Wow”, said Sophie’s mom in a bored voice. Sophie’s parents knew how imaginative their daughter was. They knew she was making that up.

“Just don’t lose it”, said Sophie’s mom in a voice to make Sophie feel like her mom cared.

“Okay!” said Sophie who rushed outside and saw her dog flying across the neighborhood. Sophie remembered what her mom had just said and what she had said about the dog being her responsibility and she began to cry. Sophie knew she couldn’t get her dog back now. Suddenly, she found herself lying in her bed. Her dog that could NOT fly was right next to her. “Oh, my gosh,” she whispered. “That was all a dream!” Sophie just remembered she didn’t name her dog. “Hey…” she said looking at her sleeping dog. I didn’t name you yet… even though that dream wasn’t real, I guess I’ll name you… WINGS!”

Article posted April 12, 2011 at 12:17 PM GMT-5 • comment (2) • Reads 92

Article posted April 6, 2011 at 03:51 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 43

Article posted February 22, 2011 at 11:56 AM GMT-5 • comment (4) • Reads 86

Article posted January 25, 2011 at 01:13 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 50

You can enter the text of your blog here!

Article posted January 5, 2011 at 02:42 PM GMT-5 • comment (1) • Reads 141

My New Year's Resolution                      

Hi! My New Year’s Resolution is to write neater because some of my writing is a little hard to read. To fix that I will practice all the letters, look at typed letters to get an idea, or write letters over and over again. That is my New Year’s Resolution and I hope I meet my goal! Maybe you can post some of your New Year’s Resolutions on our comments!

Good Luck!

Article posted November 24, 2010 at 10:05 AM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 76

Thanksgiving

AT

Thank you

For all my hands can hold

Warm hot cocoa in the cold

The warm, moist cookies to bake                    

So many enough to make

Thank you

For all my eyes can see

Beautiful flowers buzzing with bees

With colorful, autumn trees

So many pretty plants to see

Thank you

For all my ears can hear

The crashing waves coming near

The sound silence so we can read

Quiet as a tiny falling bead

file:///C:DOCUME~12040377LOCALS~1Tempmsohtml11clip_image001.wmz" target="_blank">file:///C:DOCUME~12040377LOCALS~1Tempmsohtml11clip_image001.wmz">file:///C:DOCUME~12040377LOCALS~1Tempmsohtml11clip_image003.wmz" target="_blank">file:///C:DOCUME~12040377LOCALS~1Tempmsohtml11clip_image003.wmz">

Article posted October 13, 2010 at 11:13 AM GMT-5 • comment (3) • Reads 84

http://www.flickr.com/photos/suehalbert/5084674354/" target="_blank">http://www.flickr.com/photos/suehalbert/5084674354/" title="lighhouse illustrations 021 by sue halbert, on Flickr">lighhouse illustrations 021

Have you ever heard of the Portland Head Light in Cape Elizabeth, Maine? If you haven’t then you came to the right place! This lighthouse was built in 1791 and it wasn’t rebuilt. The Portland Head Light was built out of stone with brick lining. Its height is 80 feet tall. The characteristic of the light is that it flashes white every four seconds. Portland Head Light was the first on the coast of Maine and the thirteenth on the Atlantic coast.

This lighthouse has a foghorn signal and the focal plane is 101 feet. The Portland Head Light is black and white and is a little tall with a great view! It’s also very wide and it looks like a tower of stone with a little tiny house at the very top! Well, that’s most about the Portland Head Light! Maybe you can find out even more! Bye!

I am a third grader and I just turned nine. I live with my brother, James, who gives me nightmares, my dad, my mom, and my dog, Bear. She likes to roll on her back. Bear’s a chocolate lab and she’s so cute!! I love to go outside, so does Bear. She and I love to play fetch! I like to ride my bike around the block at my beach house with our friends we met there last summer in 2009. It’s safe there so we can ride at night and our parents stay inside and talk. Sometimes even our COUSINS come down to play the game!!! Even our friend Lauren, and her two sisters, and another girl named Naomi. Wow, ten whole people!!!!!!!! We play a nighttime game called… I don’t know. Anyway some kids chase, some kids GET chased. Once the chasers get every runner, we trade positions for round 2. It’s a little hard when we play it around the block, It takes about a half hour to finish a round. We also go to the beach every day. My favorite animal is a dog, and my favorite color is red. I love to read and draw. I sometimes go tubing in my family’s boat. That is all about me.