Copyright (c) 2014 by Makala M Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Makala M -- Blogmeister

Makala Mack-

by Makala M teacher: Melanie Transue

Article posted May 21, 2012 at 10:10 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 37

Have you ever sat back and wondered where time has went? They say that when time flies that means that you are having fun. Well, this year definetly did fly by. There are many things that I like about ninth grade , for example the freedom we have now, and that we got to go to homecoming.

First of all, I liked how much more freedom we have. We can actually go on a field trip on the same bus as the guys (We can be trusted now). We can also go to pep rallies, and we have more dances than we did in Jr High

Second of all, I also liked how we are finally able to go to homecoming. At homecoming we go our pictures taken and we got an actual date and pictures and corsages and what not. That was our first formal dance.

In conclusion, There are many things that I like about ninth grade. A couple of those things are that we have more freedom and we got to go to homcoming

Dear freshmen,

I'll bet you think it's weird to think of yourself as freshmen now huh? There are a few things that come along with being a freshmen though, some are good and some aren't. I figured you'd want a head's up so here it is.

The first good thing about being a freshmen is that you're one step closer to getting out of here. Once you hit 9th grade time's going to fly by and before you know it you'll be graduating. The second good thing about being a freshmen is that youre going to be able to go to a lot more events such as homecomming, pep rally's and senior high field day. The third good thing about being a freshmen is that you get a lot more freedom than you do in Jr high. The last good thing about being a freshemen is that you can go on a really cool field trip.

The first bad thing about being in 9th grade is that your grades go on your transcript, and for some of you that may be bad. Another bad thing is that when you don't do your homework just because you didn't want to you don't get a second chance to do it, and if you miss a day of school, the day after you miss school you need to have it the next day. The last bad thing about being in 9th grade is that you have a bunch of tests and sometimes they are on the same day.

There are many things about being in 9th grade that is different from being in Jr high. The good things are you're one step closer to graduating, you can participate in a lot more events, you have more freedom, and you go on a cool field trip. The bad things are your grades go on your record, you have more home work, and you have a lot of tests.

Good Luck!

Sincerly,

Makala Mack

Article posted May 9, 2012 at 09:10 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 36

We hear the phrase Romeo and Juliet more than we know, whether it's on T.V, in movies ,or even in songs. Is it being used the same way it was used in the play? In the song "Hey Juliet" by Lmnt it is used correctly. That is because in the play and the song they love each other but neither Juliet wants anyone to know.

The song depicts Romeo and Juliet because it shows that Romeo loves Juliet very much. For example" Girl you got me on my knees Beggin' please." This shows that Romeo loves Juliet very much and he would even beg for her to love him.

The song does have and accurate allusion of Romeo and Juliet because they love each other but neither "Juliet" wants anyone to know that they are in love. I know this because the song says "Cause I know you really want me I hear your friends talk about me." That shows that she does love him but she doesn't want anybody to know about it.

The song does depict the play because in both the play and the song Romeo and Juliet love each other, but Juliet doesn't want anyone to know. The song does have an accurate allusion for the same reason above.

Article posted April 20, 2012 at 12:18 AM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 36

April Free write:

Have you ever played man hunt? That is my favorite game. The first time I played that game I played with my brother, my three cousins, and my one cousin’s friend. This is what happened...

All of us “kids” had our own campfire and roasted marshmallows at my cousin‘s house next door. When we were done we were bored so we decided to play manhunt. If you don’t know what man hunt is it is just like hide and seek and tag combined but, in the dark with flashlights. We played in teams of two I was on a team with one of my cousins, my brother was on a team with my other cousin, and my last cousin was on a team with his friend.

When we started playing my team was it first so after everyone was hidden we went to look for them. After we found one team we still had to find the other one. It felt like it took us forever to find them because they hid in the horse trailer. Who would have thought to look in there? When we were done playing we went back to sit at the fire and talked and laughed at how much fun we had. We were out side until 2 O’clock in the morning. When we got home our parents were sleeping in the living room waiting for us to come home.

That was the most fun I had all summer long! If you are ever bored and it is getting dark you should call your friends and ask them if they want to play man hunt. It is so much fun! Don’t forget your flashlight!

FEBRUARY FREEWRITE:

Clip-clop there goes a horse right by you. If you have ever wondered how to ride a horse I am just about to tell you. This is how to tack up a horse (all of the things you need to do in order to ride a horse):

1.) Use a rubber or metal curry comb to get all of the visible mud, dirt, and hair off of the horse. Don’t use this brush on the face or legs.

2.) Use a stiff brush to get all of the remaining dirt off and do the legs and gently brush the face. Cover the eye on the side of the face you are brushing if the horse will let you, if he doesn’t then don’t worry about it.

3.) Use a soft brush over the whole entire body.

4.) Use a face brush to brush in more detail on the face.

5.) Carefully, pick all of the dirt, mud, sand, rocks etc… out of the feet. When doing this it is a good idea to have someone hold the horse, or tie your horse safely.

6.) Use a mane and tail brush or even a girl’s hairbrush to brush the mane and tail. If there is something in their mane or tail that could agitate them that would make it an unpleasant ride for both of you.

7.) Double check all of the above steps to be sure you have completed all of the steps. You may want to check under the horse’s stomach and top of their back, as these are the places I miss most of the time.

8.) Check your saddle pad to be sure that there is no hay, sticks etc.

9.) Let the horse see/smell the saddle pad, so they don’t jump when you put it on them.

10.) Put the saddle pad on the top of the horse’s withers (the highest point of the horse, right above their front feet). You do this on the left side of the horse.

11.) Let the horse see/smell the saddle so it knows what you are doing.

12.) Put the right stirrup (where your right foot goes) on the horn (the “handle” in the front of the saddle).

13.) Put the saddle on the saddle pad. Then adjust it so it is square on the saddle pad.

14.) Go to the right side of the horse and put the stirrup down and make sure that there are no twisted straps.

15.) Next you go back to the left side of the horse and have someone hand the girth to you, this is so you don’t get kicked, stepped on or ran over.

16.) Hold the girth in your left hand and the strap in you right. Put the strap right down through the loop. Then bring it back up and down through the loop that the strap is attached to. Bring the strap out off the loop on the left side of the ring. Then put it across the ring pointing toward the tail of the horse. Then put it up through the ring. Don’t pull it tight because you want to put the rest of the strap through the loop you created. For now you want to leave a small space from between the girth and the horse’s stomach.

17.) Unclip the lead rope and loop it around the horse’s neck. Have someone hold your horse so you can take off your horse’s halter. Hold your horse’s bridle in your left hand and put your hand on the horse’s forelock. Then gently slide the bit into the horse’s mouth. Put the ears where they belong. Latch the throat latch don’t let your reins hit the ground at any time.

18.) When you are done with the bridle you walk the horse around because they like to trick you and make you think that they are ready to be ridden when they really aren’t, they have a breath full of air so it makes it look like your girth is tight when it really isn’t. So even if you just walk them a couple feet that would be fine. Then tighten your girth again.

19.) Double check everything before you get on.

20.) Don’t forget your helmet!

When you ride a horse you should remember to be patient and forceful when you tell them what to do. Make sure that you do all of the steps listed above before you get on the horse. After you complete all of the steps above be sure to have fun when you ride your horse.

Construction Theory: Historicism

Historicists would celebrate The Diary of Anne Frank by Anne Frank because it is descriptive and accurate.

First, they would like this book because it provides details about her life and what it was like at the concentration camps, to live in hiding, in such close quarters with a minimum amount of space, privacy, and food to eat. It can also provide you with what Anne Frank felt and how she loved her family.

Secondly, Historicists would also like this book because it is very accurate at providing the correct information. For example is says how they rode to the camps and what it was like when they got there. It also tells what the ride to the concentration camp was like and how it felt to be there with all the other Jewish people. Finally, Historicists would like The Diary of Anne Frank by Anne Frank because it is descriptive and accurate.

Why did Mr. Halloway Shoot the witch with the rubber bullet with a smile on it itstead of using a real one?

Article posted December 8, 2011 at 12:02 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 46

Why does Will try to kill the witch without Jim?

Article posted December 2, 2011 at 11:46 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 47

Christmas is my favorite holiday. Therefore, are so many things I think of. Here are just a few of the things I love so much about Christmas.

C is for the candy canes hanging on the tree.

H is for hats that we were around the house.

R is for Rudolph the red nosed reindeer.

I is for the icicles hanging off of the roof.

S is for Santa Clause who brings all the presents.

T is for the tree that is so bright.

M is for Merry Christmas!

A is for the angel on the top of the Christmas tree.

S is for stockings hanging on the fireplace.

When Christmas comes I think of those things. What do you think of?

Why did the train for the carnival come at three o'clock in the morning?