Copyright (c) 2014 by Dalton S Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Dalton S -- Blogmeister

D. Sherman-

by Dalton S teacher: Melanie Transue

Dear freshy:

Dear future freshmen,

You are now entering your first year of high school. Some advice I would give to you is to stay organized, and enjoy your year.

The key to success your freshmen year, and possibly the rest of high school, is organization. A clean locker is a good place to start. You need to keep your books and pencils neat in your locker so you can make quick stops inbetween classes so your not late. Be sure to not procrastinate and get all of your work handed in as soon as possible.

Ninth grade is a lot of fun. All the teachers are really cool. It's nice to attend pep rallies, talent shows, and other activities. Field day is a lot more fun when you enter high school also. Good luck next year and enjoy it!

Sincerely,

Dalton Sherman

Article posted May 9, 2012 at 01:19 PM GMT0 • comment (3) • Reads 44

Sing it out:

There are so many new songs coming out every year. Theres country, pop, rock, hip hop, dub step and many more. Every song that someone writes and performs has meaning to it. Some are about love, having fun, and some refer to famous stories. Such as "Check Yes, Juliet" by We the Kings.

This song depicts the story very well. One example is the lyrics " Run, baby, run; don't ever look back; they'll tear us apart". This referring to the book by saying that Romeo and Juliet want to run away together. Another quote would be " I won't go until you come outside". This is showing how Romeo would never stop waiting for her.

I feel this song refers to the love of Romeo and Juliet, but not the actual story. Only because the lyrics don't match up with the actual things that happen in the story.

In conclusion, Romeo and Juliet is a very famous love story that some song writers like to use.

Article posted April 17, 2012 at 11:10 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 45

April Free write:

What is your favorite sport? Do you have more than one? How many sports do you do?

One of my favorite sports is track and field. Track is played in the spring and is very intense. No matter what event you are doing, you have to be focused, prepared, and properly healthy.

There are eighteen different events in the sport of track and field. There are running, jumping, and throwing events. The running events are one hundred meter dash, two hundred meter dash, one hunded meter hurdles, fourXone meter relay, fourXfour meter relay, fourXeight meter relay, the mile, the two mile, the eight hundred meter run, four hundred meter run and three hundred meter hurdles.

The jumping events are the long jump, triple jump, high jump,and pole vault. The throwing events are javelin, discus, and shot put. The rest of them are running events on the track.

Most athletic tracks are six lanes wide. Our track is seven lanes wide and most college tracks are eight lanes. Most tracks are made of rubber. Some tracks are made of crement or pavement. Most track runners wear track and field spikes for their events. There are jumping, distance, sprinting, and throwing spikes. They are unbelieveably light and thin. You will literally feel like your running barefoot.

In conclusion, track and field is a great and intense sport.

A deconstructionist would criticize the TV show Beavis and Butthead because of the unintelligence of their choice of word.

One reason they would criticize this show is because of the bad use of vocabulary. The two main characters do not use proper grammar very much. One thing they say a lot is “ They should have a name for this kind of music.” These guys do not use intelligent language at all.

Another reason they would criticize the show is because the things it teaches kids. If younger kids start watching this show, they could be influenced in the wrong way. The kids could start acting and talking like them.

In conclusion, a Deconstructionist would criticize the show Beavis and Butthead.

February Free Write:

It is a very long journey to get to the NBA. It is a lot of work and only the strong, dedicated people do. Do you have a favorite NBA team? My favorite team is the Chicago Bulls. The Bulls franchise started in 1966 and is still presntly active. The Bulls have won six NBA championships during that time. Michael Jordan, argueably the best player to ever play the game, was a huge part of all six championships.

Many great players have played for the Chicago Bulls over the years. Some of them are Michael Jordan 1984-1998, Scottie Pippen 1987-2004, Dennis Rodman 1995-1998, Derrick Rose 2004-Present. Michael Jordan and Derrick Rose are the only two bulls players to win the Most Valueable Player award. This award is given to the player who would make any team better.

The Bulls area, where the games are held, is called the United Center. The bulls have appeared in six NBA championships. They won the championship every time they were there. Michael Jordan and Dennis Rodman were huge parts of all six champiponships. Dennis Rodman led the team in rebounding in 1996, 1997, and 1998. The bulls played the Utah Jazz in two out the six championships.

In conclusion, the Chicago Bulls is a successful franchise. They have done many great things over the years. Those are some things about the Chicago Bulls you may not have known.

Works cited: www.funtrivia.com, www.nba.com/bulls

Dalton 9 CP English

Miss Transue

9 January 2012

Father and Son

Did something ever happen to make you and your parents closer? In the book “Something Wicked This Way Comes” by Ray Bradbury, Will and his Dad become closer throughout the book. The cause of Will and his Dad becoming closer was the talk they had in Chapter 28, the trust between them staying away from the carnival, and the nights Will, Jim, and Mr. Halloway spent at the library.

Will and his Dad had a significant talk in Chapter 28“ Dad? Am I a good person?” said Will. “…It will help” (Bradbury 134). This talk was important because Will and his Dad never really had a strong relationship before this. This made Will a lot more comfortable with his Dad. It may not work for everyone but it did for Will. Will had always wondered why his Dad was always sad. “Then, Dad, why aren’t you happy?” said Will. “Sometimes the man who looks happiest in town, with the biggest smile, is the one carrying the biggest load of sin….do I need to tell you?” (Bradbury 135).

During the talk in Chapter 28 between Will and His Dad built a lot of trust. “Do not go near the carnival”. “I was thinking the same thing.“ (Bradbury 137) said Will. Will and his Dad thinking alike may seem small but helped their relationship grew a little bit right then. I can see how someone would think it would not make a big difference but in this case it did. Also, they both agreed to not go near the carnival. Their relationship and trust for each other became better. Then, it just kept on growing from then on.

Every Sunday night, Will, Jim, and Mr. Halloway go to the town library. Will and Jim loved to go there because it was a place to relax and think. Also, Mr. Halloway works there as a janitor. For example, “They opened the door and stepped in. They stopped. The library deeps lay waiting for them” (Bradbury 13). I can see how someone would think this would insignificant but it means a lot to them. The library was a special place for Jim and Will to spend their time. They like to read so that helps too.

Will and Mr. Halloway’s relationship grew greatly throughout the book. Whether it was father and son or best friends, they were closer. The conversation in Chapter 28 was the most significant reason for that. The building of trust and the time they spent at the library together were little things that also helped. In conclusion, Will and his Dad are much closer than they were in the beginning of the book.

Article posted December 12, 2011 at 02:42 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 48

" />December Free Write: What is your favorite holiday? Mine is Christmas! It is the best holiday of the year. I like Christmas because it is a time to spend time and enjoy your families. I also like all the Christmas music on the radio and all the Christmas movies on television. My favorite Christmas movie is The Grinch Stole Christmas. My favorite Christmas song is Jingle Bells.

The one and only thing I dislike about Christmas time is the cold. Another thing I like is getting a Christmas tree. Decorating it and the whole house is so much fun! Also, when your riding in the car, see all the pretty lights that other people put up is cool too. My absolute favorite thing about Christmas is Christmas morning. Waking up really early with your brothers and sisters and seeing all the presents under the Christmas tree! It is especially nice to see that when you little brothers and sisters because they are so excited. That's what it is all about. Being happy with your family.

Article posted December 12, 2011 at 02:34 PM GMT0 • comment (7) • Reads 49

Question for part Two:

How often does this carnival come to this town?

3rd Person Omniscent:

A guy walks into a comic book store. The whole way there he was thinking, " Spiderman or Batman, Spiderman or Batman?" He looks around the store for two hours. The store clerk is thinking " Wow dude, just pick something already." The guy finally picked Superman.

3rd Person Limited Omniscent:

A guy works at a comic book store. One day this weird guy comes in looking really stressed. The guy looks around the store for two hours. This clerk is thinking "Wow dude, just pick something already." The guy finally ended up getting a superman comic.

3rd person dramatic:

This guy is on his way to a comic book store. The guy is sweating bullets on the way to the store. He gets there and looks around for two whole hours. He finally ends up getting a Superman comic.

Ooh, Ooh, Pick me!:

Why is Mr. Halloway always sad? Why does he did go back to work so late at night? Did something happen that he can't let go?