Copyright (c) 2014 by Rebecca P Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Rebecca P -- Blogmeister

Becca's Blog -

by Rebecca P teacher: Melanie Transue

Dear Freshy

When you get into 9th grade you are a freshman. This is your first year of high school. Next year you will be overwhelmed with blogs. They are such an inconvenience but you have to do them. If you don’t do your blogs or turn them in on time then your grade will drop bad. Even though you’re officially a high schooler when you are a freshman this year will be just a transitioning year. Being a freshman it is your first year for many school activities. For an example you get to go to your first pep rallys, first high school field day, first senior high talent show, and the first year you get to pick your electives and classes.

Pep rallys are fun. When you’re a freshman Miss Transue gives you Walmart stickers if you participate in spirit week before the pep rally. Don’t ask her where she got her huge roll of Walmart stickers because she has yet to tell us where she got them. When you get to your first pep rally Miss Transue is going to tell you to root for the freshman but the seniors automatically win no matter what.

Another fun senior high activity that is fun is field day. Field day for senior high is way different than junior high field day. We get a bouncy house and you get many fun yet messy games to play. Junior high you only had a couple of games to choose from but you get a lot more game choices for this field day. You don’t have to do any of the games if you don’t want to you can just watch that is just as fun.

When you get to watch the senior high talent show you will see that there are many great acts and that it is way different from the talent show you use to watch in junior high.

If you are going to complain about your classes next year just remember that you chose them.

Just remember that 9th grade is a transitioning year for high school. The most important thing to remember about being a freshman is that it’s your only year of being a high school freshman (unless you fail) so enjoy it!   

Sincerely,

Rebecca

March Freewrite

Imagine a world where there was snow all over. The sparkling white crystals fill the ground. Imagine the children outside playing in the snow laughing and haveing a great time. They are building snowman and have snowball finghts. This happens in March. March is the time of year when there is snow all over the ground and the kids are out playing in the snow, but this year that wasn't the case. When people think of March they think of a lot of snow days, playing in the snow, and haveing sledding/snowboarding parties. This year that didn't happen.

One thing you look forward to when it hits March is the snow. Snow means no school. No school means that you can sleep in. When kids and teenanger get more sleep they are happier. Kids enjoy no school for many reasons. They like to play out in the snow and just be away from school. Teenagers like haveing no school because then they can sleep in and hang out with friends (if the roads and weather are good).

Another reason you look forward to March is because its fin to play in the snow. No matter who you are and what age you are you are never to old to play in the snow. My uncle will spend the entire day on the tractor to make a path to sled, snowboard, or tube down. Then when it starts to get dark we get the whole family together and some friends of the family to come and we have a party. Not only the kids are sledding though even the adults are.

A third reason to look forward to March is for the parties. When you have a bunch of snow what else is better than making an awesome path to have a party? When my family has the snowboarding party we start the path at the top of my hill and connect it to the one that my uncle makes. It is so much fun. The best part is that you can start from our hill or at the top of their hill.

Unfortanately this March we had bearly any snow so we couldn't have this nice time. Hopefully next year there will be enough or any snow during the winter to have time off of school, time to play in the snow, and time to have parties.

Representin'

Have you ever had friends that have distinct personalities? Have you ever compared them to something? How would you compare your friends to something? I compared my friends to Disney characters by their personalities. I enjoy disney movies and my friends remind me of characters from some of my favorite movies. Olivia, Leah, Sunny, Kyle, and Smell all have distinct personalties that stand out. They are the easiest to compare to Disney characters.

Olivia: Olivia reminds me of Bell from Beauty and the Beast. Olivia reminds me of Bell because she is nice, always reading a book, and she sees past whats on the outside with people. Olivia has a caring personality. Bell would walk through the town and talk with everyone and was so friendly. Olivia will talk to anyone. She hates leaving someone out of anything. Also when Bell is going home from town she is reading her book that she just got from town. When Olivia gets a new book she can't put it down until she is done with it. A third reason why she is like Bell is because she sees past whats on the outside of people. She doesn't judge someone or if she does she tries to get to know them so that she can prove her judgement right or wrong. Bell judged the beast at fist but when she got to know the beast she relized that he is a good person and they end up falling in love and Bell breaks the spell that was on the castle.

Leah: Leah reminds me of Simba when he was a cub in the Lion King. Simba was always causing trouble and wanting to go find something that sounded fun even if it was against his father’s rules. Take when he took Nala to the elephant grave yard. When Scar told Simba about it he wanted to go because he wanted to prove that he was a brave lion. He took Nala and on the way they were having fun with a plan that they came up with to leave Zazoo. Leah reminds me of Simba because she will do anything if it is fun or requiring you to use energy. Leah is very energetic just like Simba was when he was a cub.

Sunny: Sunny reminds me of Rapunzle. Sunny reminds me of Rapunzle because she has the long blonde hair like Rapunzle. Sunny has long blonde wavy hair. Rapunzle has such long hair that she lets it down the castle and the prince climbs up her hair and recues her from the castle. Sunny's hair goes most of the way down her back so it isn't as long as Rapunzle's but it is still long like Rapunzle's is.

Kyle: Kyle reminds me of Timon. Kyle reminds me of Timon because she is always stealing peoples food and she is short like Timon. When you ask her what she wants for a present she will always say food. She loves food. Timon and Pumba are always together and they both love food. Timon is small because he is a meercat. Kyle is also short. She is fun to be around and very funny just like Timon. She is smart like Timon too.

Smell: Smell reminds me of Rafiki. Smell reminds me of Rafiki for two reasons. One reason why Smell reminds me of Rafiki is because when we dance (the salsa during Spanish) he makes me follow him. Rafiki's most famous line is "You follow old Rafiki he knows the way." Smell makes me follow him like Rafiki makes Simba follow him, and how he makes Kiara and Kovo follow him in the second movie. A second reason why Smell reminds me of Rafiki is because he is out there like Rafiki. Rafiki is a crazy baboon. Even though Smell isn't a baboon he is still really funny and crazy just like Rafiki is.

Comparing your friends to Disney characters is really fun. If you know the movies by heart like I do then you will find it not only fun but easy. Try it sometime and find out for yourself.

February Freewrite!

Imagine a world where love didn’t exist. Everybody has lost a loved one and now just want to tell them that they love them. Have you ever wanted to tell someone you love that you love them but couldn’t? I picked the poem "It’s More Than Saying I Love You" because I have just recently lost someone I love. Now that Valentine’s Day is coming around I want to tell her that I love her but I can’t. Even though those that have passed on know that you love them it still isn’t the same. You can’t tell them how much you love them anymore. 

There has been a lot of death in the past few months. Joe Paterno passed away in January and Whitney Houston passed away February 11 (Saturday).

Joe's family, players, students, and fans were and still are devostated about his death. The whole Penn State family went through chaos when Joe was fired and now they are still mourning over his death. All most everyone who was bad mouthing Joe are now mourining over his death. Death is a powerful thing that brings everybody down.

Whitney had died right before the Grammy's. Everyone who was in the Grammy's was upset because Whitney was a good person and probably was someone who was in that room the night of Grammy's Whitney was probably a good friend to.

The poem "It's More Than Saying I Love You" describes how someone who is hurt and mourning over the death of a loved one wants to see them again and tell them how much they miss them. Anyone and everyone who has lost a loved one or someone that they were really close to can relate to this poem. Valentine's Day is done and now is when someone is really going to be mouning over the death of a loved one. Especially if it is the first Valentine's Day that they haven't spent with them.

It’s More Than Saying I Love You

I wondered behind the city walls,

Waiting for the birds of Heaven,

To take me towards You; Angel,

You departed so early,

To the point of no return,

You passed away with the sole tie,

That binds us together,

Please let me see you once,

Allow me one chance,

To see you even in dreams,

And I shall be glad and thankful,

Because I only dreamed to love you,

And be with you,

No matter where, when or how,

Just believe me,

I will no longer stand behind the city walls,

and when my night falls,

I shall see you at the Gates of Heaven.

January free speech

Voice Recorder >>

Construction Theory

A deconstructionist would celebrate the book The Mitten by Jan Brett.

One reason why a deconstructionist celebrate the book The Mitten is because it has a lot of detail to it. The border to the story has what else is going on then what is on the page. The border is the story line then the actual page has a small fraction of the border to expand on.  A reason why a deconstructionist would celebrate this book is because it has details. A deconstructionist looks for a text that has a lot of details and this book does.  

Another reason why a deconstructionist would celebrate the book The Mitten is because it has a lot of symbolism to it. The mitten was like a home to the animals it gave them shelter and warmth, and to the little boy who lost his mitten it gave him warmth and protection to the snow. Another reason why a deconstructionist would celebrate this is because the mitten symbolizes a house.  A deconstructionist loves a text with symbolism in it and this book has a lot of symbolism to it.

In conclusion, a deconstructionist would celebrate the book The Mitten by Jan Brett.

Extra Credit

Rebecca

Miss Melanie Transue

9 CP English

9 January 2012

Something Wicked This Way Comes

Do you know of anyone who has changed? Everyone changes in their own time. Some people change more than others. In the novel Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury every character has changed but Charles Halloway changed the most. Some people would say that Charles Halloway hasn't changed the most and that Will or Jim have changed the most.

Will changed some over the course of the book. In the beginning Will was following Jim and was doing everything Jim did just to make sure that it didn't look like he wasn't a "goody two shoes." In chapter 2 when Mr. Halloway is watching Jim and Will ran home together he is thinking about how Will will break one window if Jim breaks two. He also says that Will is running faster to catch up with Jim and Jim is running slower to stay with Will. In the middle of the book Will was trying to save his and Jim's family plus him and Jim from the carnival. Will called home and told his dad not to worry that Jim and him were going to hide from the carnival. In the end of the novel Will was trying to save Jim from the carnival. They found out that the carnival steals souls and feeds on fear. Jim was riding the merry-go-round and Will tried to pull Jim off but Jim wouldn't let him. Instead Will's hand was aging just like Jim was.

Another character has changed throughout the novel would be Jim. Jim changed from the beginning to the end. In the beginning of the novel Jim was breaking windows when he was running with Will. Not only was Will breaking windows but he was also looking into houses and watching what they were doing. He called it the theater. In chapter 6 it says that Jim and Will were in the town and it felt deserted because no one was on the streets so they decided to go to the theater, but their theater isn’t the same as everybody else. You may think that they went to a movie theater but instead they looked inside a window of a house. They go to that house every time they want to watch the theater. In the middle of the story when Jim and Will found out that the carousal can make you younger or older all Jim wanted to do was ride the carousal and get older.  In chapter 18 Will and Jim were watching the merry-go-round from a tree and watched Mr. Cooger turn into Robert “the nephew.” In the end of the book Jim ended up riding the carousal and joining the carnival. In chapter

Although many characters have changed throughout the novel Charles Halloway has changed the most. In the beginning novel Charles Halloway stayed at the library all day and all night. Will and Jim would run to the library to find a new book and talk to Mr. Halloway. In chapter 2 Mr. Halloway helps Will and Jim find new books to read. Mr. Halloway was talking about black and white hats to Will and Jim. Will and Jim go home and Will is talking about how he watches his dad in the library when he is on his way back from the bathroom. He says that he watches the light and his dad walking about the library. In the middle of the novel Mr. Halloway was still at the library but was trying to help Will and Jim however he could to hide from the carnival. Mr. Halloway helped hide Will and Jim in the library. In the end of the novel Mr. Halloway helped Will save Jim from the carnival and he ran home with Will and Jim like he wanted to in the beginning of the novel.

Some people would say that Will or Jim changed the most or that Mr. Halloway didn't change what so ever. They would say that he didn't change at all because he still went to the library at night but as I said that he went home with Will and Jim. In the beginning of the novel Mr. Halloway barely ever if he even did go home. In the middle of the novel Mr. Halloway was at the library still but it was a good thing he was because if he wasn’t then he wouldn’t have been able to help Will and Jim hid in the library from the carnival. In chapter 41 it talks about how Jim and Will were hiding in the library and Mr. Dark was trying to make Mr. Halloway squeal and tell where the boys were hiding but he wouldn’t because he loves Will and doesn’t want anything bad to happen to him. He knows what happens when the carnival finds you or when you join the carnival and there is was no way that Mr. Halloway wanted that to happen to his son even if he was never there for Will. Just because he wasn’t there for him doesn’t mean that he doesn’t love him. When it came down to it Mr. Halloway was there to save Will and Jim from the carnival. In the end of the novel Mr. Halloway went home with Will and Jim for one of the first times in a long time. Mr. Halloway always wanted to run with Will and Jim but could never bring himself to it but in the end of the book he finally does when the three of them were on the way home from the carnival.

In the novel Something Wicked This Way Comes Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury many of the characters changed throughout the story but Mr. Halloway changed the most. Jim and Will did change dramatically throughout the story but nowhere close to how much Mr. Halloway changed.

Works Cited

Bradbury, Ray. Something Wicked This Way Comes. New York, NY: William Morrow, 1962.

Print.

Article posted December 19, 2011 at 02:14 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 46

Why does the Gypsy symbolize dust?

Article posted December 7, 2011 at 02:04 PM GMT0 • comment (3) • Reads 49

Why does Will ask his dad about good and bad?

December Freewrite

Imagine a world with no Christmas. Imagine waking up one day and Christmas was cancelled. What would you do? Christmas is an important holiday for many reasons. Not only is Christmas a day that you get presents but it is so much more.

Christmas is a time where you get to spend time with your family. Christmas is a time where everyone in your family is home and you can have your cousins and the enire family up to celebrate. If there was no Christmas then you may not have your whole family up. Christmas is a family holiday. No Christmas means no family get together.

Not many people have family dinners, get togethers, or anything that you get to spend time with your family. Holidays are sometimes the only way that people get to spend time with their family. If Christmas was cancelled those families most likely wouldn't have any time with the family. If there was no holiday then they would still not try to make time for the family. Those are some of the many reasons why Christmas is one of the most important holidays!