Copyright (c) 2014 by Jennifer V Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Jennifer V -- Blogmeister

Jenn Rae's Fresh Blog(:-

by Jennifer V teacher: Melanie Transue

Article posted May 9, 2012 at 04:41 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 132

Dear Freshy,

Hello there if you don’t already know who I am it’s me Jenny, the soon to be Sophomore! Anyways this year is going to be your Freshmen year which I am completing right now. Freshmen year like every other year you’ve been through in school is a new experience with new teachers, new classes, more work, but it’s also a great time to shine!

Some advice that I would give to you for your Freshmen year is to have fun with it. It’s a great year to get involved. Student council, varsity sports, key club, national junior honor society are some of the few activities you can be involved in but getting into new things will be good for your Freshmen year. Also there are new things you go to like the famous Freshmen year homecoming, spirit week, pep rallies, and other activities! So get involved and have fun with your Freshmen year!

Another piece of advice I give about your Freshmen year is do your work and try your best to care about your grade. If you are happy with your grades then your self confidence will boost and you’ll feel good about yourself. The teachers this year are very helpful and care a lot about your grades and are very persistent about getting your work done because they know it will be for the better. Don’t get down if your grades aren’t what you expect because the teachers will help you get your grade to what you want it to be. Always remember to try your best!

In conclusion do your best in whatever it is this year! Have fun with your friends but keep a steady focus on your grades. You have no need to stress about it so just relax and have a fantastic Freshmen year!

Good Luck,

Jenny :)

Article posted May 8, 2012 at 04:39 PM GMT0 • comment (7) • Reads 63

MAY FREE WRITE!           

Precious Moments:

Did you ever read bedtime stories before bed when you were little? Did your mom, dad, sister or brother ever read them to you or did you read them to yourself? Did you ever read bedtime stories to anyone else? Bedtime stories are so much fun to hear and tell; everyone is definitely a softy for them. I think bedtime stories are the best way to get a good night’s sleep. 

I was not told bedtime stories when I was this age until just the other day when one of my very close friends decided to read me a bedtime story from precious moments. Their soft but yet enthusiastic voice put me right to sleep. I liked hearing the story of a little mouse with a big heart because it made me feel like a little kid again. Putting nice thoughts in my head about Timmy catching his first fish with his grandpa helps me to forget about all the suffering and pain in the world. It’s also very crucial to have nice and comforting thoughts before we close our soft eyelids for the night. Bedtime stories like these were relaxing and they help he feel like I don’t have a care in the world. 

No matter what age you may be you deserve to be read at least a bedtime story a month. They help with your sleep and they can take you to a whole other world. Everybody should be able to hear a nice and sweet story before bed. 

Article posted May 4, 2012 at 04:40 PM GMT0 • comment (5) • Reads 60

Sing it out allusions!

“Stuck in the Moment” by Justin Bieber

Do you ever feel like you’ve had feelings for somebody that you can’t even describe?   You don’t think anyone else in the world feels the way that you do?  A lot of young teenagers who have boyfriends/ girlfriends think that they have feelings for each other that a lot of other people don’t.  In the song "Stuck in the Moment" by Justin Bieber he writes a song about how he feels for someone and thinks no one else feels or has felt the way he has.

How the song depicts Romeo and Juliet: 

The main line that this song uses that deals with Romeo and Juliet says, “Now Romeo and Juliet, bet they never felt the way we felt.” This song mostly uses the message that love isn’t perfect but he is willing to do whatever it takes to be with this girl and fight for their love. In Romeo and Juliet they had to break the rules of falling in love with the enemy just to be with each other. The song talks about wanting to have another moment with the one he loves and being able to see each other again. In Romeo and Juliet they were very impatient about waiting for the news of the other and they always wanted to be with each other. 

“Just because this cold, cruel world said we can’t be, Baby we both have the right to disagree.”

How accurate?

This allusion is not very accurate because they talk about no one in the world has felt the way he feels not even Romeo and Juliet. Romeo and Juliet were teenagers who got married! In this song it sounds of just more of a teenager crush and not a serious and intense relationship like Romeo and Juliet had. What the song describes sounds like some kind of crush were they think they will do whatever it takes just to be with this person but in reality they will probably move on in life. Romeo and Juliet died for each other. They literally loved each other that much.

Conclusion:           

In conclusion teenagers who think they are truly in love are not usually as in love as Romeo and Juliet were.  The song "Stuck in the Moment" by Justin Bieber references to the love of Romeo and Juliet but not effectively.

Article posted April 30, 2012 at 01:11 AM GMT0 • comment (4) • Reads 48

April Free Write

Do you know what May 1st is? Its May Day! One of my most favorite days to celebrate! May day is when you pick many different kinds of may flowers for somebody special in your life. It can be your grandma or grandpa, sister or brother, boyfriend/girlfriend, husband/wife, teacher, priest, or anyone in your life that means a lot to you. May day is a also a good way of telling someone how much they mean to you!

The next best part about May day is what you do with the flowers you have picked for a important person in your life. After the first part about May day is complete you must put them on their door step and make them look very pretty but you must very quiet and sneaky about it so that they don't know who put the flowers there. Next you ring the door bell and quickly and quietly sneak away! The point of this is to surprise this person with may flowers! Everybody likes surprises. Also these flowers will definitely make this person smile witch it always feels nice to make somebody's day.

When I was little my family and I would always celebrate May 1st. We would always go on a really long walk just to find the most interesting and prettiest flowers. After that we would always take them to my grandma and grandpa and my aunt and uncle. They always loved the little surprise of flowers on their door step from somebody.

In conclusion I suggest everybody to be involved in May day. It is a good way to make someone feel special and important. And maybe even you will receive some May flowers from someone who thinks you mean a lot to them!

We Need Music!

Without music there wouldn’t be life. It would be like an apple tree in the summer with no apples on it. It would be like the world without sunshine. Without music in our life there wouldn’t be “life”. In my life I listen to many different kinds and styles of music.

Right now at this point in my life one of my favorite songs is called “A Little Too Much” by Natasha Betingfeild. I would recommend this song to anyone! It’s a really great song and Natasha Betingfeild has a really great voice. Also the lyrics in the song are very strong and meaningful which is what I look for in a song.

Another song that I really enjoy listening to is called “All About Us” by He is We ft. Owl City. I really like this song because once again the lyrics are very touching.  It’s a cute song about two people who are dancing and feel like it’s their time to shine and everybody in the room is watching them and “every heart in the room will melt.”. I like this song because it is really adorable.

One more song that I suggest everybody to listen to is the song called “It’s Your Life” by Francesca Battistelli. I like this song because it is very up lifting and inspiring. “To live the way you believe, this is your opportunity, to let your life be one that lights the way.” These lyrics show encouraging reasons of why your life is important and the choices you make will affect you for the rest of your life. 

In conclusion these are some songs that I do suggest and recommend anyone and everyone to listen to. Life without music is like a school without students; there wouldn’t be anything. 

Imma Be Representin’

Friends have many different characteristics that make them all special in their own ways. Some of my friends are crazy and some shy. All my friends are different and that’s what I love about them. The fair has many different things going on. There’s the cow show, the fares wheel and other kinds of activities. I think my parts of the fair can represent some of my friends.

The lemonade stand can represent my friend Emily. She is super sweet and is very likable just like the lemonade stand at the fair. People are always with her and she has many friends. Everyone loves going to the lemonade stand after a long hot day at the fair to get a sweet taste of summer.

The salt and pepper shakers represent my friend Kenzie Jane. She is always on the go and she’s so crazy just like the salt and pepper shakers at the fair. Also they make people who like the fair happy. My friend Kenzie can always put a smile on anyone’s face.

The bumper cars represent my friend Lauren. There are many colors of the cars and Lauren has many different character traits. Also she has been through many hard times in life but somehow manages to always get through them. Bumper cars are meant to get crashed into but they never have huge dents.

My friend Montana can represent the comedy show at the fair. After a long day at the fair it’s nice to go relax at a comedy show and get a good laugh in. My friend Montana can always make me laugh no matter what kind of day I’m having.

Courtney can be represented by the galaxy fair ride. She’s very crazy and loud and can sometimes make you laugh so hard your head can hurt! The galaxy ride makes your head spin round and is very crazy just like Courtney!

My friend Alexis can be represented by the dunk tank! You never know what to expect from her. For the dunk tank you never know if you will be dunked or if you’re safe. With Alexis you always have to go with the flow and deal with what she has pulled up her sleeve.

In conclusion the fair rides and activities can represent my friends in ways. Friends can be the insane to very quiet just like the fair. My friends can be represented by things and places at the fair for many different reasons!

Everyone has been through a time in their life where they feel like they can’t do anything right and everything just seems to go against them. For example sports and academics; sometimes in life we tell ourselves we are not good enough and we tell ourselves to just give up. Maybe it’s a relationship you got out of and now that the person you love is gone and you can’t seem to find a way back to your normal self. In life we face many challenges that we must learn to overcome them and most the time we need a little bit of up lifting inspiration to help us through them. 

There are many people who inspire me in my life. One of the many people is my mom. My mom is a very hardworking person and has always been there for me. She has not only been there for me but my four other sisters also. I give her so much credit for taking care of my sisters and I in such a pleasing and calm way. Not only is my mom very dedicated to her family but she can always put me in a good mood. She knows how to make me smile and laugh. My mom is one of the many people that inspire me a great deal.

Another person who inspires me a lot is my oldest sister Kylie Ann. I choose her because I feel like out of all of my sisters she is the one I look up to the most. She’s always there for me even though she goes to college seven hours away she is also just a phone call away. Whenever she comes home we always talk about what is new and whenever I need good advice she always can help me. I look up to her because she has a life full of success. She is at college and working hard. She has made mistakes like everyone but has learned from her mistakes and I look up to her because of how well she deals with her mistakes. My sister is one of the many people who inspire me very much!

Who do you look up to when life gets you down? Who is the one that is always there for you through the ups and downs? In my life when I’m struggling I can always look up to my mom and my oldest sister Kylie because they know how to put me and a good mood and they inspire me a great deal.

Marxism!

Marxist would criticize the song "I Need a Dollar" by Aloe Blacc.

Marxist would criticize this song because it’s about how a guy needs a dollar and wonders if anyone would give him a dollar to help him out but nobody does. In the song it says “And I need a dollar dollar, a dollar is what I need. And if I share with you my story would you share your dollar with me." This example shows that the person is so desperate for a dollar that he would do anything just to get one. From the beginning of the song to the end he goes through struggles because he has no money and no one would give him money. Marxist would criticize this because they believe in the rich helping out the poor and Marxism is about how the poor people struggle from lack of money.

Another reason a Marxist would criticize this song is because in the song the guy finds a job to earn money and then the boss fires him. The song says, “Please Mr. Boss man I need this job more than you know But he gave me my last pay check and sent me out the door.” A Marxist would criticize this song because they believe that the poor work for their money and in the song the guy tried to work for his money but instead the boss fired him. Also this is an example of how the rich took advantage of the poor by not giving him the job when he needed the money the most. 

In closing a Marxist would criticize the song “I Need a Dollar “by Aloe Blacc

Jenny

Miss. Transue

9 CP English E/5

6 January 2012

Who is Mr. Halloway?

How would you describe yourself? Maybe you think you are funny, smart, kind, or maybe even eccentric. Everyone has many different character traits that can describe themselves or others. In the book Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury Charles Halloway can be described as old, depressed, and weird. 

Mr. Halloway is an old man because everyone knows how ancient he looks, including his son and himself. In the book it says, “That’s Charles William Halloway, thought Will, not grandfather, not far wandering, ancient uncle, as some might think, but…my father.”(Bradbury 14). This shows that when Will sees his father he looks so elderly that he thinks others may mistake Will’s father for a grandfather of an ancient uncle because he is so elderly. For example in the book it also says, “…Will makes me feel so old…a man should play baseball with his son…” (Bradbury 38). This example shows that Mr. Halloway’s son Will makes him feel just as old as he looks by telling him he can not even play games that Will would play. One more example of how Charles Halloway can be described as antediluvian is when Mr. Halloway looks at himself in the mirror and see’s how old he looks. For example in the book it says, “…as did Dad, amazed their mouths at their own ancient quakes and masquerades.”(Bradbury 255). Mr. Halloway looks at himself and see’s his skin wrinkly and it hurt him very much. Some people may think that Mr. Halloway is not an old man because while in the mirror maze he remembers that there are many other people like him. Although there may be many others like him they do not act like him about his age and how old he feels and looks. That is why and how Mr. Halloway can be described as obsolete.

Another character trait used to describe Charles Halloway is sad because many things in his life make him upset. An example of how Mr. Halloway can be described as sad is when he hears an old Christmas tune and he becomes upset. In the book it says, “Suddenly there was a the old sense of terrified elation, of wanting to laugh and cry together when he saw the innocents of the earth wandering the snowy streets the day before Christmas … the tired men and women whose faces were dirty with guilt...”(Bradbury 24). This shows how Mr. Halloway becomes sad because the old tune shows how old he is which makes him unhappy. Charles tells his own son that he is a sad man. Another example of this in the book says, “Pa”, he said, “don’t sound so sad.” “Me? I'm the original sad man. I read a book and it makes me sad. See a film: sad. Plays? They really work me over.”(Bradbury 137). Here is an example of how Mr. Halloway can be described as sad because he knows it himself that he is a depressed person. One more way that Mr. Halloway is sad is when he sees himself in the mirrior maze as a very old man which makes him very sorrowful. In the book it says, “And the mirrors shoved me half in, half out the grave. Showed me in wrinkles and rot!”(Bradbury 281). This shows that it makes him sad knowing how old he is. Some people may say he is a happy man because while at the trick show for the carnival he killed the Dust Witch with his smile. On the other hand though he only acted happy at the trick show just so that he could fool the Dust Witch and kill her. He was not happy on purpose. That is how Mr. Halloway can be described as a grieving man.

One more way to describe Charles William Halloway is weird because he does some strange things that most people his age do not do. For instance, “And suddenly Will remembered nights rising at two in the morning to go to the bathroom and spying across town to see that one single light in the high library window and know Dad had lingered on late murmuring and reading alone under these green jungle lamps.”(Bradbury 15). As a result of this it shows that Mr. Halloway is different because that is not normal for fathers to do and Will found it funny that his father did that. In addition to this is when he is alone he “listens” to his broom tell him stories. The book says, “Wandering alone in the library, letting his broom tell him things no one else could hear, he had heard the whistle and the disjointed calliope hymns.”(Bradbury 55). In this case shows that Charles is unlike most people his age because most people do not do things like that. Also “Dad whooped. He circled like a dancing crane. He was not in the silliness yet. He wanted to crack through. He had to break the moment!”(Bradbury 282). While Will thought Jim was dead his father told him to just sing and dance. This is strange because while someone is unconscious on the ground people do not dance and sing around them. Others may not think Mr. Halloway is not a strange person because he had a heart to heart conversation with his son. Even though he had a good conversation with his son, if you look at the conversation it is strange because most fathers and sons do not talk about what Will and Mr. Halloway talked about. Charles Halloway is strange for many reasons.

Mr Halloway see's him self and so do others as a very old man. Almost everything makes him upset and he does things that are very bizarre. In conclusion Charles Halloway can be described as ancient, depressed and odd.

Works Cited

Bradbury, Ray. Something Wicked This Way Comes. New York, NY: William Morrow, 1962.

Print.