Copyright (c) 2014 by Jennifer W Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Jennifer W -- Blogmeister

Period C-3

by Jennifer W

teacher: Melanie Transue

Article posted February 6, 2014 at 01:13 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 40

Deconstruction

Article posted October 18, 2013 at 10:27 AM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 68

"Rumplestilskin" question:

Why didn't the daughter tell the king she couldn't spin straw into gold?

Article posted October 18, 2013 at 10:01 AM GMT-5 • comment (1) • Reads 61

Jennifer

Civics

Mr. Hein

13 October 2013

Compromises!

You keep secrets, right? Everybody does, but from who? Friends? The whole country? The constitutional convention was a secret between fifty-five men kept from the whole United States. Fifty-five men met in complete secrecy for four months to discuss and change the Articles of Confederation. During these meetings there were plans proposed and compromises made.

During these four months large and small states argued back and forth about representation. William Paterson from New Jersey thought there should be a one house legislature and all states, large and small should have one representative per state. Large states strongly disagreed. Edmund Randolph from Virginia thought there should be a two house legislature and representation should be based on population. Large states liked this because there was more people and more representation means more power. Neither the large, nor small states could agree on something so somebody else was going to have to propose a new plan.

After large and small states argued back and forth for awhile Roger Sherman proposed the great compromise. The great said that there was going to be a bicameral legislature. The two houses would be the senate and the house of representatives. According to the great compromise every state would have at least two senators and the representation would be based entirely on population.

After the great compromise the north and south were having disputes over slavery and representation. The south had many more slaves than the north and the north thought it was unfair that they paid taxes on the slaves. The north wants the slaves to be counted for taxes so the south paid more, but not representation. The south wanted the slaves counted for representation so they had more power, but not for taxation.

The solution to the slavery representation was the ⅗ compromise. This compromise settled the problems about taxation and representation. This compromise said that for every five slaves only three would count towards population and taxation . This meant that the south had to pay taxes on three out of five of their slaves. This also meant that they had more representation.

In conclusion, our founding fathers went through many compromises, disagreements, and proposed plans to get us where we are today. If there wouldn’t have been a secret between fifty-five men kept from the whole United States we would have lived by the Articles of Confederation longer than we did and we wouldn’t have such a strong government.

Article posted May 23, 2012 at 07:51 AM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 32

Dear Freshy,

If you are reading this right now then you are obviously a ninth grader and have made it through eighth grade, congrats (: All your teachers always say the next year is going to be harder than the last and it usually isn’t that different but ninth grade is harder than eighth. If you don’t try your hardest and do all your work you’re going to notice how much harder it is.

In English this year you'll have to do blogs and they’re not the best things to do. If you don’t do all of these blogs you will fail English this year. MAKE SURE YOU DO YOUR BLOGS.

This year you have a lot more freedom than you did last year and you get to do so much more and have more fun. You get to go to all the pep rallys this year and have a bigger and better field day.

Judging by my ninth grade experience and my friend’s experience I’m going to take a guess and say that your favorite teacher this year is going to be either Mr. Hein or Mr. Woolcock. Even though you take a lot of notes in those classes they always make class fun. I hope you have as much fun as I did this year!

loveee, Jennifer(:

Article posted February 8, 2012 at 08:47 AM GMT-5 • comment (2) • Reads 37

A deconstructionist would celebrate the song "Spain" by Between the Trees. One reason they would celebrate this song because the song explains every detail and every word is there for a reason. They describe every detail and paint a picture in your head of all the words in the song. A quote from the song is ”Can we sail to Spain, just me and you? Open ocean and the bright blue sky above. Well do you want, do you want the moon? I’ll get it for you" it paints a picture of the ocean and the sky in your head. Another reason, a deconstructionist would also celebrate the way the author sees or hears it. A quote would be “Give me a dance she says, just take my hand she says I don’t want anything let’s make a getaway just me and you, babe the rest of the world can wait 'cause I’ve been waiting for you, I’ve been waiting with the world on hold. Do you think that we can really just be alone? Far from all that seems to keep us apart”. This quote might mean one thing to you and a completely different thing to the author or song writer. In conclusion, a deconstructionist would celebrate the song “Spain” by Between the Trees because it explains every detail and it paint a picture in your head. They would also celebrate this song because the way we hear it is different from the way the song writer hears it. They know the background to the song and we know the lyrics.

Article posted January 20, 2012 at 08:50 AM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 35

How did Jim and Will change from the beginning to the end of the book?

Article posted January 20, 2012 at 08:49 AM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 35

Why did the dust witch want to find Jim and Will?

Article posted January 10, 2012 at 08:56 AM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 35

In the book Something Wicked This Way Comes why is Mr. Halloway always sad? Is there something he can't let go of?

Article posted November 7, 2011 at 08:41 AM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 61

The bass & Sheila

Sheila Mant is a stereotyped blonde who flirts with everybody and takes advantage of people.

I’ve read this story recently. Sheila Mant is a stereotyped blonde. In the story they described her actions as a blonde but she is naturally a red head. Sheila Mant was completely oblivious to everything around her. Although Sheila Mant is a red head she has all the characteristics of a blonde, she’s selfish, self centered and, she talks mostly about herself and the way she looks.

Some people might think she wasn’t oblivious to the things around her because she just might not have been paying attention.  I can argue that because, he had the bass hooked the entire time they were in the boat.  Also, the only thing she paid attention to was herself and what she was going to do in the future. While Sheila and the narrator were in the boat she was saying “Eric said I have the figure to model, but I thought I should get an education first”.

Sheila Mant takes advantage of people. When the narrator asked Sheila Mant to go to the concert with him he was being kind and she wanted to have everything her way. While they were in the boat on their way to the concert the narrator was focused on the bass that he had hooked and all Sheila wanted to do was lay there and talk about herself. When they got to the concert Sheila Mant kept talking what she wanted to do with her life and the narrator kept thinking about the bass he hooked and let go on the way. After Sheila Mant and the narrator danced once or twice Sheila left the narrator and she found Eric Caswell. After a while of being with him Sheila went back over to the narrator to explain that she was going home with him in him corvette. After she told him that she said “you’re a funny kid, you know that? Funny. Different. Dreamy. Odd”.

I am naturally a blonde so I act like a blonde sometimes but I dies my hair and now I’m not stereotyped as much for being a blonde.

Works cited.

Wetherell, W. D. "The Bass, The River, and Sheila Mant" Pathways: Literature for Readers and Writers. Logan, IO: Perfection Learning, 2008. 4-10. Print.

Article posted September 15, 2011 at 11:07 PM GMT-5 • comment (1) • Reads 37

Visual Representation

My name is Jennifer, and I had to decorate my binder for English. A quote that is meaningful to me is "We all have a story to tell whether we whisper or yell" from Happily Ever After-He Is We. I had to put a picture of my favortie band or artist and I chose to put a picture of He Is We. We also had to put a picture of a book we read or had read to us. I put a picture of Dr. Seuss books as that picture because when I was little I loved to read Dr. Seuss books.  Thanks for reading about my visual representation if you want to know more just ask(: