Copyright (c) 2014 by Brittany S Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Brittany S -- Blogmeister

-

by Brittany S teacher: Melanie Transue

If you've ever wanted to know how you get black and blue marks then this little poem is for you. Then when you want to know what it takes to run and fly.

Black and blue

If you get in a fight

Black and blue,

If you fall off a roof

Black and blue,

If you get slapped in the face

Black and blue,

If you get mulled by a animal

Black and blue,

If you ride without a helmet

Black and blue,

If you a shot by a needle

Black and blue,

If you run with scissors

Black and blue,

If you get a paper cut

Black and blue,

If you run from your home and leave everyone you know behind to live without you

You’re not black and blue,

Your red allover too

Running and flying

To run you need courage,

Speed,

Breath,

Effort,

Sweat,

Dreams,

Ability,

Happiness,

Strength,

Attitude,

To fly you need just your heart.

Have you ever heard a song that has had the reference of Romeo and Juliet in it? Have you ever read the story to Romeo and Juliet? If you’ve ever listened to a song like that and read the book, have you wondered how the song has anything to do with the book? If you have then you should listen to the song '"Hey Juliet". This song has Romeo and Juliet in it but it doesn’t really any significant meaning of the story in it.

The song "Hey Juliet" is about a guy who just wants to date a girl named Juliet. He says "Hey Juliet hey hey Juliet" over and over and thats all the song says. In the real Romeo and Juliet Romeo is completly head over heals in love with Juliet and he even killed himself out of shere love. Romeo in the song and Romeo in the story are different and the real book Romeo tells Juliet he loves her, he worships her, he'll do anything for her. the song Romeo says "hey Juliet come to me" and thats all. Those are a few ways the song and story are different.

In the song "Hey Juliet" and the story Romeo and Juliet the two men are both thalking about there love life girls. The Romeo in "Hey Juliet" says he loves her and he wants her to be with him. Just like the song the story Romeo tells Juliet the same thing almost. Both Romeos say they love the Juliets and one says he wants to marry her. They also say the same things over and over, story Romeo "I love thee" then song Romeo "I love you girl". That shows how they are alike.

In conclushion, the song and story are different and it dosen't really have much to do with the real Juliet but  "Hey Juliet" is a good comparison to Romeo and Juliet.

Article posted April 12, 2012 at 06:50 PM GMT0 • comment (3) • Reads 49

April Free Write

Brittany S.

The Unicorn

Could you ever believe in anything mythical? Neither can I!  However, when you sit there and imagine things you really can believe in a mythical thing. I wrote this poem about one of the most un-believed things in the world, unicorns.

The Unicorn

In the weeping willow they were made.

Happy and flying through the days.

Then came man all big and buff.

Trying to make their names enough.

They lived their days in the woods.

Then hid when the dogs came with their goods.

Running and being not afraid.

They tried to live out their days.

Most were white.

Some were scary and gave you a fright.

But all those creatures,

Give their gruesome features.

They tried to live in peace and grace.

No one would give them a chance of fate.

They decided to break off their horns.

To become horses.

The men could ride and in the end they were alright.

The men had no reason to kill.

The unicorns were no longer ill.

The days were fine and all was right.

Those fateful and peaceful nights.

.

Article posted April 12, 2012 at 06:30 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 69

March Free Write

Brittany S.

Have you ever loved someone more than yourself? Then perhaps you should read this poem. It is about the one who changed everything in a crazy world.

One

Turning and running is what happened.

Running and screaming is what I heard.

Screaming is what came out of everyone but one.

But one was the one who cared.

The one that cared is gone and can’t ever, ever come back.

That one can’t ever come back, he is gone.

He is gone because he was there when I really needed him.

I really needed him because I was scared.

I was scared because I wasn’t at home.

I wasn’t at home because I was alone.

I was alone because I couldn’t be around people.

I couldn’t be around people because I was mad.

I was mad because I wasn’t allowed to be around the one who cared.

I wasn’t allowed to be near him because he was trouble.

He was trouble because he defended people when being picked on.

He defended them because he was once one of them.

He was one of them because once he was going through a rough time.

He went through a rough time because he was misunderstood.

He was misunderstood because he looked scary.

He looked scary because he was dark and wore makeup.

He wore makeup because he wanted to be an actor~super bad.

He wanted to be an actor because his father was one but died in a show.

He died because he was accidentally shot with a gun.

He was shot because a guard switched the gun by mistake.

The mistake killed the emotion of the caring guy.

The guy that cared is the one I loved.

I loved him because he listened.

He listened when I needed someone to.

I needed someone to listen because I was in a dark fearful place full of pain and agony and I will write this single message a hundred times until someone listens.

“Keep hold of the one you love and tell them that every day because you may not be able to tell them again.”

DO you know anyone who's ever been a soldier? Ever been in war? My inspiration for “This day” was a family friend whose family went through so much but kept fighting. I will not name him or anyone in their family but the mother and father divorced and their son went to war and died in noble pursuit, and that is my inspiration.

This day.

She runs this day.

She runs away this day.

This day.

He fights this day.

He fights for himself this day.

This day.

Mother cry’s this day.

Mother cry’s for this day.

Mother cry’s for her love this day.

This day.

Father burns this day.

Father burns away this day.

Father burns away his sorrow this day.

Father buns away his sorrows for her this day.

This day.

They live this day.

They live for this day.

They live for everyone who can’t this day.

This day they are this day.

Article posted December 7, 2011 at 01:34 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 66

Why didn't Will and Jim help the girl when she cried?

The Smart Bass

Have you ever gone fishing? Have you ever caught a bass? Did you ever catch a fish and wonder how smart it really is? The fish in, “The Bass, the River, and Sheila Mant”, by W.D.Wetherell, was really intelligent. The fish in the story is intelligent because he could pull the boat and missed the rocks at the bottom of the river.

The first reason the fish is intelligent is because he made the boat turn when he tried to break free. The fish couldn’t be small or have ordinary brain knowledge because he pulls the boat with the fishing wire without breaking it. In the story it said that Shelia asked, “Are we moving backwards?” (Wetherell 10-11). In fact they were moving backwards. Only a wise fish could figure out how to do that.

Although most fishermen could say fish try and break free all the time. They do by breaking the line. The fish in this story actually pulled a small boat. However, since most fish break the line this fish evened out the pressure on the line, which only a smart fish could know how to do.

One more example of how the fish was smart was how it missed the rocks at the bottom of the river. If the fish were ordinary then it could have easily hit the rocks. Only a wise fish could pull, try and break free, and miss the rocks at the same time. Also, with how fast the current was, an ordinary fish wouldn’t be able to think as fast as this fish to miss the rocks. It even said the narrator couldn’t believe it. He thinks, “The fish actually missed the rock which proves that it was old and knew the river” (Wetherell 11). The bass

Those are two reasons the fish from the story “The Bass, the River, and Sheila Mant” was very intelligent. The first way the fish was smart was that it could pull the boat without breaking the line. The second way the fish was smart was that it could miss the rocks at the bottom of the river and swim in the deepest part of the river. The fish kept trying and trying until he finally got away. When he did, the narrator swore that he would never chose a girl over a big beautiful, and wise, bass again. The bass could be known as the greatest and smartest character in this story!

Works Cited

Wetherell, W. D. "The Bass, The River, and Sheila Mant" Pathways: Literature for Readers and Writers. Logan, IO: Perfection Learning, 2008. 4-10. Print.

why dose Jim stay so distant to his mother? What happened to his father? Could he be part of the circus?

Article posted November 11, 2011 at 04:45 AM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 90

3rd person omniscient

There was an ugly alien named Meilka. There was a handsome alien named Kiwa. Meilka went for a walk and thought how ugly she was compared to the others on her home. She was blue with purple hair, and everyone else was orange with green hair. Kiwa was in a tree and saw Meilka walk by. He thought of how pretty and unique she was compared to everyone else.

He jumped out of the tree hoping to talk to with her. Meilka was a little scared of him and began to run. He saw her run and chased after her. He pulled her arm and wondered why she ran from him. She screamed silently as he pulled her arm and she thought “What if this is to be my death, mauled by a strange man?” Kiwa pulled her around and thought of how beautiful she was so without a concuss thought in his head he looked at her dark blue beautiful lips and kissed her. She stared at him while he came close and kissed her and now she knew she would have to be wed to him. Kiwa pulled back and remembered if you kiss a woman you have to marry them, so Kiwa and Meilka stood there looking at each other without a thought in their heads but “Oh my , what now?”

3rd person limited

There was an ugly alien named Meilka. Meilka went for a walk and thought how ugly she was compared to the others on her home. She was blue with purple hair, and everyone else was orange with green hair. Meilka was a little scared when a man jumped out of a tree and began to run. She screamed silently as he pulled her arm and she thought “What if this is to be my death, mauled by a strange man?” She stared at him whale he came close and kissed her and now she knew she would have to be weed to him. She stood there and looked at him without any other thought in her head she thought “Oh my, what now?”

3rd person detective

There was an ugly alien named Meilka and a handsome one named Kiwa. Meilka was walking and Kiwa was in a tree looking at her. Kiwa jumped form the tree and she ran form him. He pulled her arm and kissed her. He pulled back and Kiwa and Meilka stared at each other with there jaws down like they were in shock.