Copyright (c) 2014 by B Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
B -- Blogmeister

smiley's blog!!

class 2014

by B

teacher: Melanie Transue

Music is theraputic

Last night I went to bed thinking about things that are going on and it started to upset me, so i finally fell asleep. I dreaded waking up because i didnt want to think about these things again. I sleep with my ipod so I wake up to music every morning. This morning I woke up to a new song I downloaded the night before, and it was full of energy and instantly made me feel better. I love the fact that one song can change your outlook or mood. here is a list of things you can do to improve your mood (they are scientifically proven), I will also list some songs from my ipod that help me:

if you have a front yard with grass, walk through it barefoot to get the mail in the morning.

make eye contact with your crush, or partner. it activates your brains reward center.

do NOT eat junk food, but drink pure water.

songs:

Spotlight (oh nostalgia) - Patrick Stump <--he's my favorite :D

i dont care - Fall Out Boy

lazy song - Bruno Mars

billie jean - Michael Jackson

closer to the edge - 30 Seconds to Mars

New York - Alicia keys ft. Jay-z

not afraid - Eminem

Miss you guys <3

Leaving Elk Lake

Moving from Elk Lake to Wyalusing is going to be a bittersweet thing. This isn’t going to be a blog on trashing Elk Lake, so don’t worry!! Bittersweet is good and bad. Moving will be good for me because then I can start over, where nobody knows and build from there. I will also be able to get away from ALL the drama Alajuela!! It’s bad because I’m leaving the people I care about. The people I will miss the most are Hope, Courtney, and Kelly. You three stuck with me through everything!! Thank you, thank you, and thank you!!!

Symbolism

You can make almost anything into a symbol, a car, a flower, even something as simple as a piece of candy. I chose the four seasons, winter fall summer and spring. Here are the real meanings of the four seasons.

·      Winter= faith

Winter is the season of faith because snow is white and white is the color of purity and wholeness.

·      Fall= innocence

Fall is the season of innocence because of the leaves. The leaves turn different shades of red, orange, and gold, all happy colors. You play in the leaves and carve pumpkins. Despite the temperature everyone reverts back to childhood in the fall.

·      Summer= fun

Summer is the season of fun. (Obviously) Everyone is smiling and it’s always warm outside. Even when it’s raining!

·      Spring= new beginnings

Spring is the season of new beginnings because all of the flowers start over in the spring and sprout up from the newly thawed ground.

I was asked to make something into a symbol and I chose the four seasons. Now that you know what they mean you can go through the years with a new outlook on snow, rain, heat, and leaves!!!

How well do you think you know me??

I moved to Elk Lake towards the end of sixth grade, I’ve been here for about three years, and some of my closest friends don’t know me as well as they think they do! So, how well do you think you know me?

Did you know?

·       I don’t really have a favorite color!

·       I love lizards!!! Iguana’s and bearded dragons!!!

(I used to have a bearded dragon named Fud and three iguanas!)

·       I was a cheerleader for three years.

·       I was in foster care for three years.

·       Besides music I love sports!! Running is my favorite!!!

·       I am only one of eight children!

1.    Kevin Jr.

2.  Dustin

3.  Cody

4.  Nikki

5.  Victoria

6.  Shawnay

7.  Me!! <3

8.  Colin!!

·       I’m a total book worm.

·       I’ve always wanted to dye my hair rainbow!!

·       Besides pop and dance music I’m really into classical music and piano pieces.

·       I love art! Real art like Michelangelo!!! (My favorite!)

·       I write poetry and have been published three times.

·       The simplest thing can make me cry (a Christmas carol with Jim Carrey made me cry)

So, be honest how much of that didn’t you know??

Justin Bieber

I’m lashing out! I respect people’s opinions and they have the right to have them but sometimes can’t you just keep them to yourselves! I’m sorry but someone has to say it, people need to stop making fun of celebrities! I’m serious; I can’t go one day in school or anywhere for that matter without having to hear something about Justin bieber! I understand if you don’t like his music or you think his hair is weird, personally I don’t have a problem with him, but admit it; it gets really old after a while. It’s annoying, and frankly, there’s no need for it. Complaining about something isn’t going to make it better so just STOP! Please!!

Brianne

Melanie Transue

9th Grade CP English

13 December 2010

Are Carnival Freaks Made on Purpose?

I believe the carnival freaks in the book “Something Wicked This Way Comes” by Ray Bradbury are made on purpose. When the people ride the carousel and change their age they have nowhere else to go except to join the carnival, Mr. Dark invites specific people to ride for “free”, and in return Mr. Dark gets more powerful.

People are attracted to the carousel because of their desires. It is almost as if they are brainwashed into riding the carousel. After they ride they can’t go back to their families because no one would know them. Mr. Dark knows this so he turns the newly aged people into carnival freaks and as a result they are forced to surrender their souls and work for him. This is showed when Will and Jim are with the police and they are looking for Mr. Cooger (Mr. Electro) will saw the new dwarf and he swore he knew him. Later he figured out the dwarf was the lightning rod salesman from the beginning of the story. The lightning rod salesman was lured there by the most beautiful woman in the world and now he is a dwarf in Mr. Dark’s carnival army.

Mr. Dark is a very methodical character, in other words he knows beforehand who he wants in his carnival. To get them to join him offers them “free” rides on the carousel. In return for the “free” rides the people he chooses have to give up their souls once they join the carnival. “Tattooed in bright blue ink, wills face gazed up at him from the palm of the right hand.” (173) His tattoos are the documents in his skin that holds their souls. “Every picture remembered from the tall Mr. Dark now rendered down to miniature canvas pronged and forked over a boys tennis racket bones. More freaks with faces the color of beds where so many had lost the battle of souls, emerged from the shadows to glide in a great and ever more curious motion about Charles Halloway and his dropped burden.”  (276)

In addition to what I said before about Mr. Dark, every new member he acquires he also acquires a new soul. With this in mind it is my belief that he also becomes powerful with each new “tattoo.”   However, the carnival feeds on fear and sorrow for example, when Mr. Halloway and will were in the mirror maze and Mr. Halloway couldn’t stand to look at himself he forced himself to start laughing so he wouldn’t be tempted. So it could be that Mr. Dark gets his power from creating these things to lure people in and feast on their troubles.

Mr. Dark was a powerful leader and creator. He made the freaks on purpose so he could own them, work them, and strike fear and desire into the hearts of the towns people.

Works cited: Bradbury, Ray. Something Wicked This Way Comes. New York, NY. William Morrow. 1999. Print. 

Article posted December 8, 2010 at 03:00 PM GMT0 • comment (3) • Reads 72

DECEMBER FREE- WRITE. New Year Superstitions… Do you know all the superstitions associated with new years? Would you like to? Superstitions: ONE  Kissing at midnight- When the clock strikes midnight your supposed to kiss those dearest to you to make sure that the affection and ties will continue throughout the next 12 months. TWO  Stocking up- You can’t go into the New Year with bare cupboards, or else the rest of the year might be like that. There is supposed to be plenty of money placed in every wallet to insure prosperity. THREE  Paying off bills- The New Year should not start with a house in debt so be sure that your bills are paid off prior to January first. FOUR  First footing- The first person to step foot in your house after midnight is very important. It will influence the type of year you will have. FIVE  Nothing goes out- Nothing, ABSOLUTLEY NOTHING is to leave the house on the first day of the year. (Not even the garbage.) The year must begin with something being added. SIX  Food- black eyed peas will attract good luck and fortune. SEVEN  Work- do something related to your work. EIGHT  New clothes- wearing something new on January 1st will increase the likelihood of receiving more new clothes this year. NINE  Money- do not pay back loans or lend money on New Year’s Day, or you can guarantee you’ll be lending out things all year. TEN   Breakage- avoid breaking things and crying on the first day or you’ll be prone to breaking things and crying all the time the New Year. ELEVEN   Letting the old year out- at midnight all the doors and windows must be opened to let the old year out. TWELVE   Loud noise- make as much noise as possible at midnight, you’re not just celebrating your also scaring away evil spirits. THIRTEEN   The weather- pay attention to the wind. The direction the wind blows means certain things.

Now that you know the superstitions you can go and tell your family so you will have a good year.

info: www.snopes.com

My beautiful SS question

Will Halloway-

Is Will going to go insane? Or will his good nature conquer all??

-     Brianne <3

I need answers!! please help. S.O.S!!

MY interview

I recently interviewed my older sister Vicky who is 22 years old. I asked “What does it mean to be grown up?” and this is what she said. “Being grown up means being able to handle responsibility and knowing when it’s time to have fun, and when you have to work.”

Being a Vegetarian….

Just a heads up right now this post is mostly about animal rights. Yeah I’m like that!

Do you have pet? I bet you love them to huh?  I consider my animal’s part of my family and the thought of other human beings slaughtering and butchering them makes me throw up in my mouth! Animals need help and we are the only ones who can help them.

We hear about addicts, and murders and other things that happen in the world and people look at that and go “oh that’s terrible!” Well it’s the same thing with animals. There are animals locked in cages that are to small for them, for days on end without food just left outside to be forgotten. Then there are dogs being forced to run treadmills as experimenters induce heart attacks in them. Why?!! Pregnant Macaques are addicted to cocaine, and chimpanzees are infected with hepatitis!!! And then when they finally do die their lifeless bodies are shipped off to satisfy your urge for a hamburger that you don’t need!!! We need to step up and do something. If we don’t then who will?!?!?!

I challenge you to be a vegetarian for a whole week and see the difference it makes in you. If you don’t like it then go back to your meat eating ways. But you should at least try.