Copyright (c) 2014 by Orangeboy Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Orangeboy -- Blogmeister

Orangeboy's Blog-

Ideas, thoughts, creative writings, or classroom Meanderings!

by Orangeboy teacher: Rob Jacklin

The Cardinals under Mike Matheny are doing very well so far with a HUGE victory over their long time rivals the Chicago Cubs. I know that they are doing very well so far, but along the end of the season I think that the Cardinals are going to run into many problems including injuries, hitting slumps, and too many errors. I think that the Cardinals are NOT going to make it into the Post-Season, but if the Cardinals do make it into the Post-Season they will not make into the National League Championship. Now, you may know Mike Matheny as being a amazing catcher from 2000-2004 and as a 4 time Gold Glove winner and as being a coach in his area, but Mike Matheny has never been around a job as big as being a Big League Manager. I do not think that he is ready for a job that affects other playerhttps://encrypted-tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRd2f-cnAPV5xYT3myZRTj6ngd3sLFfd02XWmrWBQ5TYYPfpAeN3g" target="_blank">https://encrypted-tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRd2f-cnAPV5xYT3myZRTj6ngd3sLFfd02XWmrWBQ5TYYPfpAeN3g" alt="" />'s carrers and payment.

My definition of a mentor is: Someone who can cope with young people that are not as smart as others, someone who can give constructive critizism and advice, a person who is patient and kind, someone who is flexible and open, and a good listener to problems and questions.

To the bible character Elisha a mentor was Elijah, Elisha could rely on Elijah and trust him to teach Elisha how to be a good prophet in spreading God's Word.                                                                         Some examples came from:          http://www.mentoring.org/get_involved/become_a_mentor/

The three characteristics that Mr. Allocca identified are Tastemakers, Participation, and Unexpectedness. The message that the World needs to hear is that you can not save a child with a penny a day. I could make a comedy with a serious message. I would try to employ the characteristic Unexpectedness.

I think that the video that we watched seeing Mr. Tempest create images with just a pen, projector, and canvas was really cool. I also think that technology should not be involved with magic, technology messes up magic.

Here is a link to the video called http://www.ted.com/talks/marco_tempest_the_augmented_reality_of_techno_magic.html">Augmented Reality Techno Magic.

Mr. Moore made a TED video about a wrong way and a right way to tie a shoe. I think his main point was when you think you tied your shoe right you really tied it wrong; in a way of you usually think you tie the shoe you move the string towards you, but you want to move the string away from you. I think the reason is you want to help people around you, that is why you move the string away from you to make a tighter knot. If you move the string towards you it makes you self-centered, and makes a weaker knot. I believe in Mr. Moore's message, I have three examples. My first is he used and unchristian object to deliver a Christian message. My second one is he uses the Jesus-Others- Yourself message that can help many people. My last example is he made a funny joke within an importsnt message.

Hi, I like the color ORANGE and I also like the food steak. I play basketball, soccer, and baseball.