Copyright (c) 2014 by RJZA Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
RJZA -- Blogmeister

RJZA

R - Z 2011-2012

by RJZA

teacher: Rye 8th Team

Article posted June 15, 2009 at 10:51 AM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 75

Article posted June 11, 2009 at 11:04 AM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 42

Article posted June 5, 2009 at 10:56 AM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 48

2008

2009

Warm+ Rdkl

13

17

Warm+ no Rdkl

21

17

Cold+ Rdkl

4

6

Cold+ no Rdkl

4

2

Every year at Rye Junior High, we do a project on roadkill. We take the amount of roadkill observed over a certain amount of time and survey the results. I decided to see if temperature affects the amount of roadkill.

My hypothesis was that there would be more roadkill on warm days, because the animals would be more active. My hypothesis was correct in this year, and last year too. There were more animals killed on warm days(warm=above 40*F) than on cold days.

It was what I expected, because on cold days, why wouldn’t you want to stay inside? It’s only common sense. Some other things affected the survey also. For example, it could be a warm day out, but be pouring rain. This is a definite factor that would keep animals inside. If every day was perfect, I would expect to see more roadkill.

I think that his same thing will happen every year, but if global warming continues, then that means that here will be more dead animals. Another reason to stop global warming! If I decided to do this project again, I would survey if bad weather or good weather affected the amount of roadkill.

Article posted May 13, 2009 at 09:04 AM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 40

I thought that I did a pretty

Article posted May 8, 2009 at 10:59 AM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 46

This year in the Rye/Newcastle area we observed the amount of roadkill that we found on the side of the road. This way we can tell how up or down the animal populations are. If there is more roadkill, than the population of that animal is up, and vice versa .

Article posted May 7, 2009 at 11:10 AM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 41

This thing here is a badge for my participation in Earthcast '09. Earth cast is held every year on earthday. t is a live coversation streaming for 24 hours. There are schools across the globe that are responsible for one hour of that day. They can host live chat, talk about isuues with the environment, or in our case, show a slideshow made by students that deals with the environment. We each were assigned a group to work with on one topic, and make a slide show about it. The turnout was really great, we got positive comments from schools in the area, and some schjools from Germany, Pakistan, and even Japan! Earthcast '09 is a great thing to do, so try to help out the environment yourself.

RECYCLE, PEACE!

Article posted April 21, 2009 at 11:02 AM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 41

In Language Arts class, we read a book called Seedfolks. Seedfolks is a book about an inner city apartment block with many dissagrerements. Then, it all changes when a vacnt lot gets turned into a garden. The garden brings the apartment block together. Everyone is always making friends and helping eachother out now, because before the garden, people really held a grudge against eachother.

Since this was actually a project, we had an assignment to go with it. We had to make a seed packet for someone in the book, and one of our family. In the book, I chose Amir. Amir is a man from India who likes to grow eggplant. He just needs a couple friends, and he eventually finds them in the garden. I gave him a spicy eggplant seedpacket. For my sister, whose name is___, I made a seedpacket for a weed. You may ask why I made her a weed, but weeds are very annoying, right? Well, you get the picture. So have fun enjoying my beautiful artistic talent of making seed packets.

Article posted March 3, 2009 at 09:45 AM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 44

My flag represents lots of things in Antarctica. The Sun and Moon represent the change of season in Antarctica when it is only light or dark for 6 months. The whale represents the Sea wildlife, and the freezing coldness of it. Also it represents the surrounding water. I put a penguin in the middle, because that’s what most people think about when they think of cold places. The penguin isn’t supposed to be inside out; I messed up when I was making it. Antarctica deserves to have its own flag, as does every place.

Article posted March 3, 2009 at 09:19 AM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 48

The Wall Street Journal: Rjza Edition

I invested in 4 different companies for my stock market project, instead of three. They were McDonald’s, Apple, Exxon Mobil, and IBM. I invested in McDonald’s because their stock price was good. I was also planning to use them as a Fallback stock, just in case my main ones didn’t do so well. Also, lots of people ate there, so I figured that with all the sales they got, they would do pretty well. I invested in Apple because they were doing well at the time, and since the iPhone had just come out, they would also needed a main stock and I like iPods, too. I also wanted to play it safe with another fall-back stock. Also, because gas was cheap, people would be buying more gas, and people need gas to run their cars etc. I then invested in IBM. They had a good price, and they were my major stock. Also, IBM is selling really well. I did end up making a lot of money off of them.

Now that the whole investing part of the project is over, I would like to make some changes. McDonald’s would be gone. I only made around $22 off of their stocks. I wasted my money. I should’ve gone with Google, they were doing much better. What was I thinking!? I don’t even like McDonald’s! However, I’m going to have to keep Apple. It turns out I was right about them. It was a good investment, and I made around $310. Back to the bad again. Exxon Mobil was just the same as McDonald’s. I wasted my money, and only made around $20. Maybe people are finally considering the environment! IBM was very good for me. It turns out that people need business machines. It was an excellent investment, and I made around $530.

Now that you know about my investments, here are some tips about yours: 1. be careful what you invest in. Today’s market is a very risky one, so only invest in stocks with confidence. Only invest in companies that are popular, because their stocks will be high. Also invest in useful products, or essentials that people need to live. 2. Follow your stocks. Once again, this market is a rollercoaster ride of ups and downs. Keep close watch of your stocks. If they are down, take them out. You don’t want to end up like the AIG investors. If your stocks are going up buy more. This could mean more money in the long run. 3. Make small investments. If you invest small amounts, or buy small amounts of stock, losing them won’t feel like your lives over. Also if the market is down you can pull out quick, just in case we have another crisis. And please don’t try to ride through a crisis. Many investors learned that the hard way.

Article posted February 2, 2009 at 11:13 AM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 41

With this picture, which hand crafted, by the elegant RJZA, i am posting it on this blog to be admired. I have toiled and troubled through the usage of glue, glitter, paint, tiles, tissue paper, and pipe cleaners. This beauty of a painting deserves the utmost respect from all of the respected fans of RJZA. If any do exist, please leave comments only commenting this masterpiece, risen out of the ruins.