Copyright (c) 2014 by BJHA Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
BJHA -- Blogmeister

BJHA

Past Classes

by BJHA

teacher: Rye 8th Team

You can enter the text of your blog here!

For my road kill project I did rabies count. I found out that there are a lot more raccoons than foxes getting killed. That could mean two things. One, it could mean that the rabies count was higher with raccoons. Or two, it could mean that raccoons are just found more around Rye and New Castle more than foxes. I chose the column cluster graph for really two main reasons. One of them had to do with the columns. I thought that columns are the easiest way to view the data. Especially with this kind all you have to do is look at it and you can understand the data. I chose the cluster part because it is also easier to understand. With the data right next to each other, you can tell very easily which one has more kills. I thought that the combination of these two, as I said before, just make it easier for the reader to understand the graph fully and easily. That was my goal.

I compared foxes and raccoons for the rabies count. I chose to compare these because I am really into chemistry and biology and like learning about different diseases. This project really got me interested into many new things. I decided to take my data over ten years. I decided to do this because the more data I have, the more accurate my data can be. So say if I took data from over 5 years, my data would not be as accurate and it could be easier to make a mistake. I feel my project should be a level two. I feel this because it took me a while to do and I put in a lot of effort. I also did a year span over ten years.

I feel that the roadkill for raccoons will be higher this year instead of foxes. I think this because I feel that we see raccoons more. So that means, if we see them more, their population is probably bigger then the fox population. If there are more raccoons, then that means rabies would probably spread to the more abundant animal. Also, after collecting and looking at my data, I found that indeed more raccoons were ran over than foxes. This proves my theory that the roadkill count for raccoons will be higher over the years.

I think that over the past years, the data has probably been very different. I think this because by looking at my data, there are many jumps and drops in the numbers. It usually shows up though that with every time, the raccoons count is always higher. I find that every year, there are a different amount of every animal, and that that is why you can almost never tell the exact rabies count in raccoons and foxes.

In art class we made our own shoes. I thought this was a great project! It was so much fun and it really brought out my creativity. I made my shoe very colorful. I made it this way because I think that bright colors always brighten people's day! do they brighten your day? I made my logo a smiley face on the side of the shoe because I think that staying happy is always important in life, and hey! It makes you live longer, so why not laugh a little! Thanks for reading!

badge We did many things to prepare for Earth Day. One of the things is we made posters. These posters were about acid rain and its affects, causes, and pretty much just all about it. We wrote about pollution as well. Me and some other girls also interviewed our superintendent. We asked him questions about when he was a kid. I thought it was very interesting to learn about Earth Day so many years ago and how different it was from what we do today. They each planted a tree when our superintendent was young, i say we do that too!

We have been working on stocks for the past 14 weeks in math class. We have learned how to buy stocks, what to look for in a stock, and pretty much just about stocks and the stock market in general. The stocks I have invested in are Google, McDonalds, and Apple. The reason why I picked Google is because it is a very big company and I know they make a lot of money. Also, almost everyone uses Google, which means they have a lot of sponsors. I also like using Google a lot, so since I agree with many of their ideas, I would like to support them. The reason why I chose McDonalds is because they have MANY customers. And since they have so many customers, they make a lot of money. And finally, the reason why I chose Apple is because Apple is a very famous company, and a lot of people around the world know of it. I also know for a fact that Apple makes a lot of money.

After 14 weeks, I noticed some things I would have liked to change in my investing. First of all, I think I should have bought more shares from Google and less from McDonalds. I think this because when adding up my stocks, I saw that I earned the most money in Google and the least money earned was in McDonalds. So if I invested more in Google, I would have made more money. Another thing I would change is I think I should have done more research. I think I could have done more research so I knew what kind of things that companies believes in. it is important to know this because I would like to know if the company and I have the same beliefs. The last change I would like to make is we should have had however long time period to buy and sell the stocks as we like. I would have liked this because then I could sell my stocks whenever they are at their highest and make more money.

Also, after doing a lot of research about stocks, I have some advice for the future buyers. Research the stock: The very first thing you must do is research the stock. You must research it so you know what you are investing in. you need to know that because you should know all the details about a stock such as how much money it makes or if it is doing well or not. Know the stock: you should know a stock before you buy it. You should know it because it’s good to know how much money they make or how many customers they have. And the last one, Extra money: only invest an amount of money that you are willing to lose or that you have extra of. You need this because say you lose some of your profit, you don’t want to lose all you have. So have a certain amount of money put aside so that you don’t end up losing it all.

I decided to do northern and southern lights because i think they are beautiful. There is so much to learn about  northern and southern lights. There are so many colors, so it is very easy to be creative. My favorite part of making my art was the modge podge. Modge podge is something you put over pictures to make them glossy with a nice finish. And that is some of the reasons why I liked doing this project.

You make my heart beat faster than the planets spinning AROUND.

You take up space in my heart like AIR.

You're my oxygen, without you i can't BREATH.

This graph is about how long some animals in  Antarctica can hold their breath under water and how deep they can dive. The graph above will explain in more detail.