Copyright (c) 2014 by mark Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
mark -- Blogmeister

Recipes

Young adults, interested in inquiry, critical thinking, collaborative learning and creative communication. Contact me at: comfortti@spsd.sk.ca

by mark teacher: Tim Comfort

The best thing that made me think in School was Project Business because you had to estimate how much supply you needed. It also what made us think about how many customers we needed to serve. The other thing that made us think in Project Business is to get a approximate answer on how much money we will make. Another thing we had to do that made us think is on how much money we would get out of the Gross Profit because we had to pay the license fee and the person who put in the Float. That is what made me think the most at school this year.

1 chopped red bell pepper

1/2 of a onion chopped (1 whole onion if you like onion)

1/2 a pound of chicken

1 tsp of chopped dried thyme

2 15 oz. cans of crushed tomatoes with the tomato liquid

2 cups of chicken broth

2 cups of beef broth

2 tsp of cajun seasoning

Add the chopped bell pepper with onion and cook until browned. Then put chicken, tomatoes, chicken broth, beef broth, then add thyme and cajun. Cook till a boil and then add the rice, then turn heat till low. Then cover with lid and let it simmer for about 20 min. Then serve.

I decided to pick this jambalaya recipe because I always love spicy foods, such as you've seen in the buffalo chicken wings that I posted. The thing that I really like about this dish is that you can add a little bit of hot chili peppers. There are many other reasons I like this dish.

I really like this dish because you can have other stuff in it to. You can have bacon or shrimp. Also instead of red bell pepper you can have a green one. Also you can add walnuts to it. But what I recommend is just my origanal Jambalaya. That is my own Jambalaya if you want one that I might recommend is this one... [LINK]

PINA COLADA

This is my perfect meal for supper that I really like.

4 oz. fresh pineapple juice, (3 oz. rum), 2 oz. coconut cream, 2 cups crushed ice. Pour all of the ingredients into a blender. Blend briefly at high speed. Strain into a glass and serve. Garnish with a slice of fresh pineapple and a cherry.

This is one of my favorite drinks but I get the virgin one. The rum is for the Adults Only. But beside the Adult Only part it is a very nice and delicate and delightful drink. I made this recipe is really easy to make.

RIBS WITH BBQ SAUCE

4 pounds pork spareribs, 1 cup ketchup , 1/4 cup water , 1/4 cup vinegar , 1/4 cup brown sugar , 3 tablespoons olive oil , 2 tablespoons paprika , tablespoon chili powder , cloves garlic, minced , teaspoon cayenne. Heat oil in a saucepan. Add garlic and sauté until brown. Add remaining ingredients and reduce heat. Simmer for 15 minutes until thickened. URL: [LINK]

I really like this Rib recipe with the sauce because if you cook it right it will melt in your mouth. The other reason is because the sauce is so thick you can taste it while eating your ribs.

CHICKEN CEASAR SALAD

4 boneless chicken breasts, oil for frying, 10 cups of romaine lettuce bite size peices, 2 cups of croutons, 1/2 of parmesan cheese, 1 cup of ceasar salad dressing. Fry the chicken until brown and cooked all the way through. Cut chicken into bite size pieces. Throw all ingredients into a large bowl and mix well.

I made this recipe myself because again it is easy to make. This is a very good appetizer for your meal. This is a very good recipe if you put enough sauce on the ribs.

WHIPPED POTATOS

6 potatos, 1/4 cup of ranch dressing, 1/4 cup of butter, 1 tbs of salt. Peel potatos, then boil them in water tell they become soft. After boiling the potatos put in a fairly large boil with butter and ranch dressing and whip. After done whipping put the salt in and whip again, the salt comes after because the butter takes over the salt.

I really like this recipe because the potatos are salty and when you eat the ribs if give you a little kick in the mouth and the potatos cool you off a little. These potatos are mine too. The only thing is the sauce is not my for the ribs, it sounded really good so I decided to put it on my ribs one night and it was really good. Again this is my favorite supper dinner.

I understand if you don't like it so tell me what's your favorite meal is. No need for the ingrediants.

So here I am again writing about another great chef (Robert Irvine). He hosted 3 shows by Food Network. The three shows are Dinner: Impossible, Worst Cooks in America and Restaurant: Impossible. He was born in September 24, 1965. If you can't do the math he's 45. I'm joking with you guys. He was born in Salisbury, England.

Irvine began his cooking career upon enlisting in the Royal Navy at the age of fifteen. Having completed culinary training, Robert served aboard Her Majesty's Royal Yacht Brittannia. He has also been of service to the Naval Mess in the West Wing of the White House. Upon completion of his 10-year tour of duty, Irvine performed consultant work in Bali, Jakarta, and Ho Chi Minh City before becoming Executive Chef aboard numerous cruise ships, culminating with the five-star MS Crystal Harmony.

Irvine has been Executive Chef for Donald Trump’s Trump Taj Mahal Casino Resort and Caesars Atlantic City. He has also been involved with the Children Uniting Nations charity that was founded by southern California socialite Daphna Ziman. He was one of a team of celebrity chefs who participated in their fundraising dinner for the 77th Academy Awards in 2005 in addition to serving as Head Chef at their 78th Academy Awards dinner in 2006.

More information...[LINK]

Hi people, this time I'm writing about an idol of mine. His name is Adam Richman or known off of Man vs. Food and many other shows. This guy has a major appetite. He can eat over 5 1/2 pounds of food when he does challenges.

He was born in Brooklyn, New York, May 16, 1967. He is Jewish, and he is trained in the art of sushi making. He graduated from Midwood High School. He has a Masters Degree from the Yale School of Drama.

Adam Richman is again an idol of mine because he can act really well. I also like him for Man vs. Food. Man vs. Food is a good show for telling you what restaurants have the biggest challenge for your appetite. I have also seen many of the shows he was in. He was in Law and Order- Trial by Jury and the episodes of Iron Chef America.

Adam Richman is also my Idol cause he can eat alot and what I wouldn't mind meeting him for once. The reason I want to meet him cause he can show me how to eat alot of food like him cause i can eat alot. That is my blog on one of the greatest Food Channel actors that I like. Here's some more info on Wikipeidia.

The link...

[LINK])

6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves

6 slices Swiss cheese

6 slices ham

3 tablespoons all-purpose flour

1 teaspoon paprika

6 tablespoons butter

1/2 cup dry white wine

1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules

1 tablespoon cornstarch

1 cup heavy whipping cream

A pinch of salt and pepper

A pinch Rosemary

1.Pound chicken breasts if they are too thick. Place a cheese and ham slice on each breast within 1/2 inch of the edges. Fold the edges of the chicken over the filling, and secure with toothpicks. Mix the flour and paprika in a small bowl, and coat the chicken pieces.

2.Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat, and cook the chicken until browned on all sides. Add the wine and bouillon. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 30 minutes, until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.

3.Remove the toothpicks, and transfer the breasts to a warm platter. Blend the cornstarch with the cream in a small bowl, and whisk slowly into the skillet. Cook, stirring until thickened, and pour over the chicken. Serve warm

I really like this chicnken cordon bleu cause im planning to serve it in my restaurant when I open one. Another reason is cause of the sauce on it sounds delicious. Also the first time I have tried Chicken Cordon Bleu is at this one frech restaurant forgot the name.

But I have picked this recipe cause the delicate flavor. The ham with cheese taste like an origanal sandwhich but with the chicken it taste 3 times better. That is my blog post about this recipe. I'm now going to do a chef. Here is the link for the original recipe.

The link...

[LINK]

oil for deep frying

1/4 cup butter

1/4 cup hot sauce

1 dash ground black pepper

1 dash garlic powder

1/2 cup all-purpose flour

1/4 teaspoon paprika

1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper

1/4 teaspoon salt

10 chicken wings

1.Heat oil in a deep fryer to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). The oil should be just enough to cover wings entirely, an inch or so deep. Combine the butter, hot sauce, pepper and garlic powder in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir together and heat until butter is melted and mixture is well blended. Remove from heat and reserve for serving.

2.In a small bowl mix together the flour, paprika, cayenne pepper and salt. Place chicken wings in a large nonporous glass dish or bowl and sprinkle flour mixture over them until they are evenly coated. Cover dish or bowl and refrigerate for 60 to 90 minutes.

3.Fry coated wings in hot oil for 10 to 15 minutes, or until parts of wings begin to turn brown. Remove from heat, place wings in serving bowl, add hot sauce mixture and stir together. Serve.

My opinion on this recipe is it's fantastic. I have always liked a little bit of spice in my food and recipes. But in my previous recipes I have never had an ingrediant that is spicy or gives it a kick. That is my Buffalo Chicken Wings.

1 lb (500 g) Italian turkey sausage, casings removed

1 box Hamburger Helper* Lasagne

2 cups (500 mL) water

1 cup (250 mL) chopped red pepper

1 cup (250 mL) sliced fresh mushrooms

1 cup (250 mL) diced zucchini

1 cup (250 mL) ricotta or cottage cheese

1/2 cup (125 mL) shredded mozzarella cheese

1/4 cup (50 mL) grated Parmesan cheese

•Heat oven to 375ºF. In large skillet, crumble sausage. Cook over medium-high heat about 8 minutes, stirring frequently, until sausage is no longer pink; drain well.

•In ungreased 11x7-inch (2-quart) microwavable dish, stir sauce mix and water until blended. Microwave uncovered on High 1 to 2 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Stir in uncooked pasta (from Hamburger Helper box), sausage, bell pepper, mushrooms and zucchini.

•In small bowl, mix ricotta or cottage cheese, mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Spoon cheese mixture evenly over sausage mixture.

•Bake uncovered 40 to 50 minutes or until top is golden brown and sauce is bubbly

My opinion on this recipe is it is a very tasty recipe. First it is tasty because hamburger helper lasagna has a very tasty sauce. Then next is the sausage because I would never put sausage in my lasagna, also I would never put zucchini into my lasagna either. But if you like zucchini and sausage then put it in your lasagna. That is my opinion on this 3 Cheese Lasagna. This is my mom's lasagna.

4 pounds pork spareribs

1/2 cup honey

1/4 cup soy sauce

1/4 cup distilled white vinegar

2 cloves garlic, minced

2 tablespoons brown sugar

1 teaspoon baking soda

1 teaspoon garlic salt

1.Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).

2.Slice the ribs into individual pieces. In a large bowl, combine the honey, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic and brown sugar. Stir until honey and sugar are completely dissolved, then stir in the baking soda. The mixture will begin to foam. Transfer ribs to the bowl, and turn to coat.

3.Cover a cookie sheet with foil, and arrange the ribs meat side up on the sheet. Pour excess sauce over all, and sprinkle with the garlic salt.

4.Bake for 1 hour, turning every 20 minutes.

I liked this recipe cause I have always loved greek seasoning. I usally put greek seasoning on my burgers like in the prevous blog I made. Also I always love cooking greek seasoning. There are many different things you can put greek seasoning on like lamb chops and different kinds of meat.

The link...

[LINK]

1 lb. of grind hamburger

1 egg

6 to 8 crackers

1 tbs of garlic

2 tbs of seasoning salt

1/2 a cup of vegetta

grounded pepper enough tell it covers the top

Add hamburger, egg crackers, garlic, seasoning salt and pepper all together in a fairly large bowl. The shape the patties in a circular shape. Fry in a frying pan on the stove, (6 is maximum case you want it to cook all the way through)

Personally, I think this was a good dish to cook because it's fast and easy. Another reason I like it is because that was the first dish I cooked when I was nine. Another reason I like it is because it has such a greek flavor too. That is why I call them My Greek Burgers.