Copyright (c) 2014 by ka Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
ka -- Blogmeister

Peace Love Sports

This is a place for students from grades 4 - 7 to write about their research projects, book club book reviews and to learn to use 21st Century technology skills. It is an invitation to see what students in my library research classes are researching, learning and sharing. We learn from positive, constructive feedback not negative criticism. Please notice our successes, not our mistakes.

by ka teacher: Mrs. C. Martin

A couple weeks ago we got a visit from our Quebec twins! It was soo much fun. We got to do so many fun things, and a field trip everyday. Unfortunately we can't tell you where we went because it is confidential we do not have permission from them or their parents. It was an amazing opportunity, and I miss all of our twins soo much. The only bad thing about the exchange is we got so attached and then they had to leave. But besides that it was amazing. We got to go to places like MT. Robson, Barkerville, the Ancient Forest and a lake (which I cannot tell you the name of!) Lots great memories which I will never forget. Thanks to Sevec we got this amazing exprience that we wil never forget.

Louis Tomlinson is amazing. He has an incredible voice, and is in the band One Direction. He is my favorite, there are four other guys in the band, Zayne, Nyall, Liam and Harry. I love them too! Louis loves girls who eat carrots and his favorite song is Who Let the Dogs Out! Here are some of my favorite songs by them. What Makes You Beautiful, Gotta be You and One Thing! If you haven't already heard there music you should definitely look them up.

This is my post for the student blogging challenge and it is about Earth hour. Earth hour is March 31st from 8:30pm to 9:30pm. Everyone across the world will turn off all the lights in there house to save energy and power. Over 5,200 cities and towns in 135 countries have all decide to switch of there lights for Earth hour 2012. I think it is supposed to tell people about why we need climate change and how if we all come together for one cause how powerful we can be. I hope everyone participates in this awesome event! 

Hi people! I'm not allowed to tell you my name or where I live... Sorry! But I can tell my age I'm 13 and my initials are K.I.A. And today I'm going to tell you a little bit about me!

Well I love sports! Hockey, soccer, tennis, volleyball and basketball. I love all sports! <3 I play rep hockey on an all girls team!!! I love my team too! Hockey is my favorite sport. I play hockey all the time with my brother and friends. But soccer is a close a second I love soccer too and I just made the rep team!

I have a brother that's 10 and a dog that's 4 and a mum and dad. With my family we own a place at the lake that we go to all the time in the summer! Not so much in the winter! :)

I really love hanging out with my friends and having a great time. We laugh and laugh and laugh whenever we are together! And that's all about me!

Quebec was amazing! I was so amazed by everything there it was so cool! Carnival was amazing too! The parade was so cool and colorful, full of fire, music and dance! I got to try some maple syrup on snow and roll it up on a popiscle stick! It was really good! The carved ice was really cool! And everything there was terrific! We were so lucky we had a chance to try all these new thing and get to be apart of an exchange across canada! We got to finally meet our twins. Which was really cool! Mine was super nice and really fun to hangout with! While we were there we got to try a whole bunch of different activities! It was soo cool but crazy to be away from my parents for so long! I love and miss Quebec. And I wouldn't change anything at all. But while i was gone i really missed are little town too! But if i had to pick my favorite thing I think poutine would be my favourite! It was delicious!!!

Have you ever gone on a trip with your class? They're tons of fun but luckily my class gets to go across Canada to Quebec. We're staying in a little town about two hours away from Quebec City where we get to spend ten days with our exchange students. It will be a long and fun trip. There will be around eight hours of flying and two hours of driving. We will be staying in a hotel for one day and with the family for the rest. Unfortunely we will have to do a red eye flight. It will be fun but we will be really tired. While were there we will be doing a whole bunch of fun activities like downhill skiing, tubing, visiting the zoo, eating poutine and hanging out with our friends. I think the one thing I'm really looking forwad to is downhill skiing. I feel really kind of in shock that I get to go across Canada with my best friends without my parents. It's awesome!! I think that this trip will be amazing, and a wonderful opportunity. I cannot wait to go!

Hello today I'm going to review one of my favorite books Pretty Little Liars which is also a television show that comes on every Monday at five pm or six pm on the Much Music channel. This book is a murder mystery about a girl named Alison who disappeared and is found dead three years later. Alison was the leader of a popular clique. She had four best friends that where part of the clique, Aria, Spencer, Emily and Hanna. Alison knows all there deepest, darkest secrets that nobody else knows and when she died the girls where horribly sad but there secrets were safe until they started getting letters and texts that where about their secrets from someone named -A. Since Alison died the girls grew apart but since the letters started coming they're beginning to come back together. But the girls have a deep, dark secret that could ruin all there lives, and now someone knows about it! 

The book is really great and you should deffintitly read it! Please comment if you've read the books, watch the show or both! Thanks!   

Is your personal information really safe? My class went online and we decided to see what websites kept your information safe and did not sell it to third parties. Out of the three websites we visited (Neopets, Candyland and Nabisco World) we learned that Neopets was not the best site and that Nabisco World was the best. It turns out that Neopets does not sell your information but it does do advertising deals with third parties. So make sure you check the privacy policy on every website you go on to even if there was a link on a good website, to another site! Nabisco World would only give out your information to the FBI if they thought you were doing bad things online. So what I learned is always check the privacy policy before you give out any information on a website.

In computer class I learned a lot of things that can help you be safe on the internet because you can never be too safe on the internet with SCAMMERS and such. Here are some of the things I learned. If you click on a bad link you could end up in a completely different site and get a virus. And never ever open an email if you don’t know who it’s from. It could be spam and if you open up a spam email, you could get a virus or more spam. Another thing is never ever gamble online, and I think that’s pretty obvious. Oh if someone online is ever telling you to hate someone tell an adult and report it. And that’s what I learned in computer class!

Hi I'm a twelve year old girl who lives in canada. I love reading adventure, mystery and romance books. Sports is my absolute favorite thing in the entire world. To be more speficic hockey! I also love laughing with my friends and having a great time!