Copyright (c) 2014 by ab Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
ab -- Blogmeister

Div 28-Grade 6

This is a place for students from grades 4 - 7 to write about their research projects, book club book reviews and to learn to use 21st Century technology skills. It is an invitation to see what students in my library research classes are researching, learning and sharing. We learn from positive, constructive feedback not negative criticism. Please notice our successes, not our mistakes.

by ab

teacher: Mrs. C. Martin

Hello, my name is a.b. I live in British-Columbia Canada. I have one sister and I live with my parents. I am a girl. I have many favorie things like swimming, doing puzzles, playing in my garden and traveling.

Where I live we have a swim club. I am not a part of it but I still go swimming regularly. When I do puzzles I spend a very long time doing them. At the moment I am doing a 500 piece puzzle. The garden I own I love to play in. I have been to many places in Canada but have never left the country.

I can't wait to hear more about you

Thanks for reading! 

The Little House in the Big Woods is the second  book of the Little House on the Prairie books.The Little House in the Big Woods is about a pioneer family an how they live in a big wood. It explains what goes on in one year in their small little house.In the woods that they live in, there is a clearing that they have a wheat field.Laura and her sisters live through a long winter and finally get to go into town for the first time.It is nothing like Laura ever imagined.

This book was a book that my mom suggested to me when we were at the Public Library. I was looking for a book to read but I couldn't find one.My mom showed it to me and I started to read.At first I didn't think it would be interesting but when I started I realized it was really good.

I highly suggest this book to any readers that like pioneers.If you don't,well you should give it a try any ways.I'm sure you'll like it.

Thank-you   

Hi  again, today I am going to talk about advertisement safety and your personal information on the Internet.This time on Passport to the Internet I learned about web sites that have games but also have advertisement. These games are called advergames. 

Did you know that children as young as six months an start to recognize mascots or logos? Probably not. If your child is around mascots at the store and then on television when they are older and are more exposed to websites are more likely to play on the websites and want to purchase the products at the store.

Hmm? about to fill out a survey.Think again! What will the companies do with your information.Privacy policy is the place to look.When you read through privacy policy skip through the stuff hat you don't need to read only look for the information that you need like what they will do with your personal information or if they sell your e-mail what will happen.

What can happen if someone bad gets hold of your personal information like where you live or your e-mail? Chances are you will be caught in a very dangerous situation.If you begin to get e-mails from people that you do not know

1.DO NOT RESPOND!

2.TELL YOUR PARENTS IMMEDIATELY!

3.DELETE YOUR E-MAIL ADDRESS!

Do not be afraid to delete your e-mail address if you do you can always make a new one so yo can e-mail your friends.The person trying to e-mail you will not be able to find you again.My last suggestion to help you be  safe on the Internet is to NEVER open a spam e-mail.If you do you will be spammed more.One thing you can do is open a ''JUNK E-MAIL ADDRESS''. When you get spammed by that you can just ask your parents how to delete it.

I hope my advice will be help to you.   

Passport to the Internet What I Learned on Web Café

When I went on to this website called Passport to the Internet I learned some different things about going online. The internet can be a fun game and communication with your friends but it can also be very dangerous. These are some of the things that I learned on the website. Banks will NEVER send e-mails. If you ever receive an e-mail from the bank it is someone trying to scam you. Do people ever really give anything away for free? The answer is NO. When someone tries to sell you something on the internet they are normally trying to look for your personal information. NEVER! give away your personal information online.

One thing you should NEVER visit a gambling site when you are under age. Gambling sites are for adults only. It can be very dangerous if you are under age. You should never ever open a spam e-mail. If you do the scammer will spam you even more and your e-mail box will fill up with things that do not need to be there.

If ever you find something on the internet that encourages you to hate someone else NEVER do it. If something comes up like that, tell your parents and/or your teacher report it to the police and complain to you internet service provider.

I hope that you will take this information to keep yourself and others safe online. If you would like to learn more about the internet on the same website go to Passport to the Internet. It will give you even more information.

Thank-you for taking my advice!

Hi,i'm ab. I live in Canada and I go to a super awsome school. My favorite colour is purple and I love to swim. I have one sister and a golden retiever dog. She is supposed to be a retriever but she lies around and wants her belly rubbed. I have many friends. They are all very nice . In my backyard there is a huge garden. I play in it all the time. Well that's what I have to say.