Copyright (c) 2014 by VM Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
VM -- Blogmeister

The Shadow

5C 10-11

One to One computing room

by VM

teacher: Matt McCartney

February… fantastic, fun, and full of learning! Everyday in February was as sweet as the 14th. From math to art, many new concepts were learned. Valentine party, Simple Machines project, and doing math independently,  challenged me and impacted my learning the most. I know you will be amazed as you read about them. 

Our Valentine party was really fun. We had all haded out our candy, but we couldn’t eat them yet because somebody was missing the candy they were going to hand out so we did a backpack search and looked everywhere. But the next day we found out that they were at his house.

Simple Machines project was so cool I just have to explain how I did it. My partner and my project was suppost to catch the critter. We had the critter go down a ramp and onto a teeter totter and stopped and then scissors cut a string and made the shoe fall on the other side of the teeter totter and the critter flew up and we caught it in a bucket. We got an A+ on it. I learned so much doing this.

Me and 5 other people got to go out in the hallway and do math by ourselves and we can go as fast as we want to. I liked it a lot. I really liked that I didn’t have to do just what our assignment is. And I get to do it more throughout the rest of the school year.

February was a phenomenal month! My brain is packed, but I am reorganizing for March because I know it will be packed with great learning.

Today I went to the doctor and he took some x-rays of my finger and it turns out I factured my finger! On Monday I hurt it doing a backtuck at Gymnastics. When I got there I waited with my mom then when it was my appointment the doctor had to feel it in a bunch of places because it is bruised badly. Then we went downstairs and went into the x-ray room and I put on a big heavy apron sort of thing and I stuck my hand flat on the table and they took 1 x-ray. Then I  had to tilt my hand towards my pinkie and they took another one. Then they put a foam stair case sort of thing and I had to wrap my hand around it and they took one more picture. When we got back upstairs and waited a long time and when the doctor showed us the picture we saw a slight fracture in it. The doctor taped that finger(ring finger) to my pinkie and then I went back to school.Hopfully it heals soon though.

Article posted January 4, 2011 at 02:11 AM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 68

For Christmas this year I got a sewing machine! I love to sew and I just finished sewing a pillowcase. It has stripes,that has colors like pink, green, blue,yellow and more. On the side there is one little stripe of green, and next to that is pink. I also got a pottery wheel. I got Just Dance 2 for wii. And some really cute clothes. I got nail polishes, and silly bands, I also got a pillow pet that is a penguin. Out of all my 10 Christmas I've had, this is the best Christmas I've had.

Article posted January 4, 2011 at 01:50 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 52

An actress in progress, a piano player, a violinist, and a gymnast.