Copyright (c) 2014 by Alice Cullen Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Alice Cullen -- Blogmeister

Melba High School

Mustang Readers blog about books they have selected for the library from field trips to major book stores. Students also blog about character traits portrayed in YRCA books.

by Alice Cullen

teacher: Glynda Pflieger

Article posted October 15, 2009 at 08:42 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 223

In Dear John I think that Savannah shows a lot of compassion and generosity when she is talking and spending time with John’s dad even though he has mental disabilities. She also shows compassion when she starts working with kids that have mental disabilities and when she takes care of Tim’s younger brother. Even thought it is difficult for her because he doesn’t always understand what is going on with Tim, she still helps him and deals with him. Even when Tim is in the hospital she is constantly taking care of him.

I think that Playing with the Boys portrays generosity. I think it shows generosity because through out the whole book all of the girls on the soccer team help Lucy make friends and get on the school football team. At the very beginning they help her try out for the soccer team and when she doesn’t make it they help keep her spirits up and get her to try out for the football team. They also stick with her through all of the rumors going around about her. They just show a lot of generosity by giving her friendship and kindness.