Copyright (c) 2014 by coolzander3 Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
coolzander3 -- Blogmeister

Bloging with coolzander3

5th Grade 2010-2011

My classroom blog is meant to be a tool for students' voices. Their writing is real writing with purpose, opinions, observations and real reasons. The fifth graders are thinking and responding to their world and this blog is for them to express those thoughts. Fifth graders' lives are bigger than the classroom and so the blog is an extension of school and themselves.

by coolzander3

teacher: Kari Melland

My favorite thing about 5th grade was Turtle River.It was fun because we got to go hiking and fishing.A couple of people caught lots of fish.

There are a lot of things that I am looking forward to this summer one of them is swimming at the pool.Another is tennis lessons on Thursday. The last is having summer band lessons.

A Family Apart is by John Lowery Nixon. It's about a poor family. There are 6 kids in the family, their mom and the oldest daughter. Both are scrubwomen.

I read this book in guided reading. This book turns sad at the end. You should  read this book because it starts getting suspensful in the middle. I rate this book 4 out of 5 stars.   

I wish I had a time machine that never broke so that I could go back in time and forward in time.I would go back in time and prevent bad things from happening like Hitler, Titanic, etc. Even though it would alter the future, I could go back to the future and see if the future is good. And go back in time to prevent myself from going back in time if the future is bad.

In science were are learning about space and the planets, its pretty cool. On the 15th of November we get to use the GeoDome. I know a lot about space too. Did you know that pluto isn't classified as a planet it is a dwarf planet along with other small planets and asteroid? All stars either start with helium or hydrogen I can't remember witch one. At the center of the milky way there is a super giant black hole ,and if a star gets sucked in you could use binoculars and see the star explode. There is a force called dark energy that makes the universe wider and pushes apart galaxies. Dark matter bends light just like a curved glass lamp bottom. A black hole has so much gravity that nothing can escape it not gas not even light. Did you know that neptune sometimes is the farthest from the sun at one point in its year.

Article posted September 30, 2010 at 07:41 PM GMT0 • comment (3) • Reads 34

Dogs can learn more tricks than cats and it takes less time to teach a dog a new trick than a cat a new trick. Most dogs are good with kids. Dogs also need lots of love and attention. Dogs are loyal to their trainers most of the time anyway. Dogs don't have a collar bone so they'll be safe if they roll from the top of a hill.

I'm a 10 year old boy. The sports I like are tennis,basketball,and ping pong. My favorite class in school is writing. I like spaghetti, shrimp, and cauliflower with cheese.