Copyright (c) 2014 by A Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
A -- Blogmeister

Chef

Eighth Grade Bloggerinos

This eighth grade class is using the most modern medium and transferring our writing skills from the classroom to a public forum- the blog. They've created blogs that are based in topics that they have chosen, and are given a weekly prompt designed to view their subject in a new and unique way.

by A

teacher: Mr. Rezac

My blog represents sharing,collaborating,and participation in many ways. Throughout the weeks in blogging class, I've worked hard on my blogs so that they represent all three of these things. I think they are all vital parts of a blog and I will now provide you with picture and support as to why I think this is so. 

When you read my blog you will know that it represents sharing because I share all of my knowledge on nutrition, about all types of things, from recipes to tips, and pictures to facts. I share info  with all of my readers, which further expands their knowledge and allows them to later share my info with others. Also, when you bake and cook, nine times out of ten, you are sharing your food with others. It's a never ending chain of sharing! 

In my nutrition blog I am constantly collaborating with everyone, my peers, teachers, and even other bloggers that I don't know. I collaborate when people give me constructive criticism, suggestions and ideas. I do the same with them and I enjoy reading and commenting other blogs. Sometimes I even get inspiration by exploring the wide world of blogging. 

My blog represents participation because when you read it you will automatically be able to tell that I have participated by the way I write. You can tell I have participated in discussions, read other blogs, and researched my topic. Nutrition actually is one big representation of participation because you can choose to participate in the healthy way of life (with healthy foods and habits) or you may participate in a poor way of life (with junk food and poor hygiene. It's your choice, you choose.  

Lately I've been noticing that a lot of food is going to waste. People end up throwing food away because it is rotten or the sell-by date has been past. Don't you ever wonder if we could do something with the left over food that sits in landfills until the day that it decomposes? 

Since oil prices have been raising recently, people are starting to become creative and  are thinking of new ways to fuel their automobiles without using the expensive, polluting, contaminating crude oil. I think that we should be able to use what we have so much of to fuel our cars-rotten food. If we could somehow find a way to use old food for fuel, the world would be a cleaner, healthier, more sanitary place to live because we wouldn't have so much stinky garbage in the landfills and we would rest assure knowing that the money we spent on our groceries a week ago isn't going to waste.

Google Gadget link

My Top Ten is a list of my ten favorite foods, number one being my most favorite.

1. Watermelon- I love watermelon! It's so sweet and juicy. I love the cold crunchiness and the pink, sweet flesh. My favorite time of year to eat it is summer, of course!

2. Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich- This is a classic sandwich that I eat almost every weekday for lunch. The nutty flavors with the fruity flavors are a combination that beat all the rest. Yum!

3. Salmon- If you like seafood, you would love Salmon because the flavors are subtle enough but still pack that flavor that people look for in seafood. 

4. Root Beer Floats- I LOVE root beer floats and when I drink them it reminds me of being in a 1950's soda fountain. The vanilla and root beer make a creamy dessert that you can't resist. 

5. Peanut Butter Cups- These are the greatest invention ever! Anything that combines peanut butter and chocolate all in one is the way to go for me.

6. Ravioli- I am a big Italian food fan so raviolis are one of my favorites. I've only tried cheese ravs (for short) but one day I want to try spinach.

7. Pineapple- This is another one of my favorites because when you first bite into a piece of pineapple it is tangy and then it turns sweet. Pineapple is juicy and sweet and SO good.

8. Edamame- This is my favorite vegetable because it has a a blunt flavor but a really good texture. I like them by themselves or in a dish. 

9. Oatmeal Raisin Cookie-  I like these cookies because they don't have an overly sugared, processed flavor. They taste good because of the natural sugars from the raisins, not because of 99 cups of cane sugar. 

10. Veggie Pizza- Before, I only used to eat cheese pizza, but then my parents introduced me to veggie pizza and I've been addicted ever since. I like putting tomatoes, green peppers, black olives, onions, and sometimes mushrooms. This is the only pizza I ever eat anymore. 

I found a link to a website with one person who also made a Top Ten list of her favorite foods. Here it is.  http://whatdidyoueat.typepad.com/what_did_you_eat/2006/02/my_favorite_foo.html

Here's a link to a Youtube video that offers another person's favorite foods.

">Video

Last is a link to a Flickr image that pertains to my favorite food.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaarockin/204344773/

#1- Healthy Eating ">Tips

My Google Gadget is a link to healthy eating tips. I thought this would go well with my topic because it gives you tips and tells you what to do in order to improve your health. I really like this link and I hope everyone can find it as a bit of an aid in their day to day life. Check back often because every day there is a new tip!

Today we learned how to embed content into our blogs. I did my first blog on Pumpkin Bread! For more information about this topic, you can listen to it here. Here's the link Gabcast! Rezac's Collaborations #4

Lately, the economy has been slowing down. This is resulting in a lot of troubles including things such as high prices, little value, bad quality, lower income, and a limited amount of job openings. This will effect  my topic, cooking, because the cost of food is going up and we are limited to junk food because that is the only affordable option now a days.  Since the economy is changing the prices for food are going up,up,and up, which is not good. People may not be able to afford fresh produce or any of the other options that we used to have. Also, since prices are going up, the manufacturers are using cheaper ingredients which sometimes are bad quality. With the new economy, we are starting to get limited to junk food. Many people can no longer afford the pricier fresh foods like fruits, vegetables, and lean meats. This is bad because now, many families are turning to the cheap junk like donuts and chips. This may lead to obesity or health risks. http://freakonomics.blogs.nytimes.com says"– Because corn was so cheap for so long, high-fructose corn syrup has become a common substitute for cane sugar. Pollan and others have argued that corn syrup is a great contributor to national obesity." All in all, the economy is having a bad effect on our everyday lives. If we continue in the economic "low" then we will be effected by these detrimental characteristics that come along with the food industry.

Filipino Fries by buncheduptv.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/14325874@N03/2067852001

buncheduptv

Do you love Mexican Bean dip? I know I do! Mexican Bean dip is a layered chip-dip that includes refried beans,sour cream, lettuce,tomatoes,olives and mexican spices. The flavors are so spicy and go so well together. It is the most delicious dip I have tried and I'd like to share the recipe with you so that you too can try this authentic dip.

Ingredients:

1 can (15-1/2 oz. size) refried black beans

1 tablespoon chili powder

1/2 teaspoon ground cumin

1 cup sour cream

1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

1 tomato, chopped

1/3 cup sliced green onions

sliced pitted ripe olives (optional)

It's also great for parties and get-togethers. Try it if you like trying new and interesting food. You can by all of the ingredients at any local grocery store.

My blog will effect students because they will learn how to live a healthy life and what nutrients they need. It will be helpful and interesting. Here are a few quotes and articles I found to help the students better understand why this will effect their learning.

"He who has health has hope, and he who has hope has everything."

~ Arabian Proverb

5 Healthiest Foods on the Planet

Fruits

01. Apricots

The Power:  Beta-carotene, which helps prevent free-radical damage and protect the eyes. The body also turns beta-carotene into vitamin A, which may help ward off some cancers, especially of the skin. One apricot has 17 calories, 0 fat, 1 gram of fiber. Snacks on them dried, or if you prefer fresh, buy when still firm; once they soften, they lose nutrients.

02. Avocados

The Power:  Oleic acid, an unsaturated fat that helps lower overall cholesterol and raise levels of HDL, plus a good dose of fiber. One slice has 81 calories, 8 grams of fat and 3 grams of fiber. Try a few slices instead of mayonnaise to dress up your next burger.

03. Raspberries

The Power:  Ellagic acid, which helps stall cancer-cell growth. These berries are also packed with vitamin C and are high in fiber, which helps prevent high cholesterol and heart disease. A cup has only 60 calories, 1 gram of fat and 8 grams of fiber. Top plain low-fat yogurt or oatmeal (another high fiber food) with fresh berries.

05. Cantaloupe

The Power:  Vitamin C (117mg in half a melon, almost twice the recommended daily dose) and beta-carotene - both powerful antioxidants that help protect cells from free-radical damage. Plus, half a melon has 853mg of potassium - almost twice as much as a banana, which helps lower blood pressure. Half a melon has 97 calories, 1 gram of fat and 2 grams of fiber. Cut into cubes and freeze, then blend into an icy smoothie.

I found this information on bellybytes.com Here is the link http://www.bellybytes.com/articles/29foods.shtml

Article posted September 19, 2008 at 03:26 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 45

Hi, I am a student. I am in a technology class. We have to blog about different topics in this class. I am going to offer you information about all sorts of topics like cooking skills and entertainment. I might also tell you about sports and I will give you tips.

You should come back to my blog because it will show you another point of veiw. It will also give you useful information that you can use in your everyday life. You will benefit by recieving more knowledge than you would if you did not read this blog. It will tell you things that you didn't know before if you read frequently. It will get your attention and keep you intereseted as well.

Hi, I like to cook. I am going to tell you how to make a grilled cheese sandwich. First, you turn on the stove. Next take two slices of bread, and butter one side of each slice. Put one slice facing down and put a piece of American cheese on top. Put the other slice on top of the cheese, butter side facing up. Once the first slice is golden brown, flip it over and cook the other side.