Copyright (c) 2014 by HollibackGurl42 Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
HollibackGurl42 -- Blogmeister

HollibackGurl42

2009

by HollibackGurl42

teacher: Gordon Brune

6th grade so far 12/09/09
Letter to my 12th grade self (A) 06/26/09
Constitution Works (A) 06/26/09
Stop, stop, stop littering all over the place! (A) 06/08/09
A Real-Life Hobbit House (N) 05/29/09
Schools out (WP) 05/28/09
Fizzle - The Greedy Little Fox (N) 05/19/09
Hollibackgurl42 (WP) 05/11/09
Best Friends Forever (WP) 05/09/09
Tinker (Bell) Dog Flies Away (N) 05/05/09

Article posted December 9, 2009 at 11:29 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 291

Hey Everybody! In Sixth Grade I Have Learned Really Cool Things Like About Gregor Mendal (you will learn about him in 6th grade) And How To Do Like 2,000 Times 603!

Well Anyway I Just Wanted To Say I Miss MAS Very Much I'll Come Visit Soon!

Sincerly,

Hollibackgurl42

Article posted June 26, 2009 at 10:08 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 81

letter to 12th grade self1

letter to 12th grade self2

Article posted June 26, 2009 at 09:39 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 56

Brief and Oral Argument, Denver Dispatch

May it please the court; we are the petitioners, representing the Denver Dispatch newspaper.

We appear before you today to ask the Supreme Court to remove the court order that forbids the Denver Dispatch from publishing articles about biological warfare at the Boulder Research Laboratory.

This case is all about how the Denver Dispatch should publish articles about secrets about the government’s biological warfare. We believe the Supreme Court should remove the court order that forbids the Denver Dispatch to publish articles about biological warfare at the Boulder Research Laboratory.

The first reason we believe the Supreme Court should remove the court order that forbids the Denver Dispatch to publish articles about biological warfare at the Boulder Research Laboratory is because of the past Supreme Court decision in Schenck v. United States, in 1919.

This case was about if Charles Schenck could publish anti-war leaflets that said the government shouldn’t be able to force young men into war. Congress had passed a new law that said it was against the law to encourage men to not be drafted for the war.

Justice Holmes wrote as part of the majority, ““We have to ask ourselves every time that we look at a case, ‘Are the words that are said or written used in such a way that they cause a clear and present danger?’…It is a question of how close is this possible danger and how dangerous it could be. Things which we allow in peacetime are sometimes too dangerous to allow in wartime.”

We believe this applies to the Denver Dispatch case because the Denver Dispatch has words that can cause danger. Also, things that are allowed in the Denver Dispatch in peacetime are dangerous in wartime.

The second reason we believe the Supreme Court should remove the court order that forbids the Denver Dispatch to publish articles about biological warfare at the Boulder Research Laboratory is because of the past Supreme Court decision in Near v. Minnesota in 1931.

This case was about whether Jay Near could publish his newspaper, the Saturday Press. The newspaper attacked everyone physically and emotionally.

Justice Hughes wrote as part of the majority that, ““We have usually believed that freedom of the press means that a newspaper can publish what is wants and that the government cannot stop it from publishing what it wants.”

We believe this applies to the Denver Dispatch case because the First Amendment protects the Denver Dispatch’s right to publish what it wants. The Denver Dispatch can publish information on the biological warfare (anthrax X).

The third reason we believe the Supreme Court should remove the court order that forbids the Denver Dispatch to publish articles about biological warfare at the Boulder Research Laboratory is because of the past Supreme Court decision in New York Times v. United States in 1971.

This case was about if the New York Times could publish the “Pentagon Papers” and if they were breaking a law publishing these papers with secret information.

Justice White wrote as part of the majority, ““There are times in which the press can be prevented from publishing information about government plans or operations.”

We believe this applies to the Denver Dispatch case because there are times when the Denver Dispatch can get prevented from publishing information but this time is not one of those times.

The last reasons we believe the Supreme Court should remove the court order that forbids the Denver Dispatch to publish articles about biological warfare at the Boulder Research Laboratory is because of the what is written in the United States Constitution.

It is written that in the Constitution that Congress shall make no law abridging the freedom of speech or of the press. Congress is not allowed to make laws that stop people from speaking, writing, printing, and broadcasting.

We believe that this applies to the Denver Dispatch because the government has no right to stop the Denver Dispatch from writing and printing.

It is also written in the Constitution that the people of the United States set out rules that the government must follow. The Constitution was made to keep peace in the nation, bring about justice, defend the nation a s a whole from foreign enemies, make peoples’ lives better, and make sure that the people remain free.

We believe that this applies to the Denver Dispatch because the Denver Dispatch was written to warn the people of anthrax x. This defends people’s lives.

You have heard the arguments from the petitioner, the Denver Dispatch. We ask the Justices to uphold the freedom of the press granted in the First Amendment and to allow the newspaper to continue to publish the articles about biological warfare research.

Brief and Oral Argument, United States Government

May it please the court; we are the respondents, representing the United States government.

We appear before you today to ask the Supreme Court to uphold the court order that the lower court and the appeals court imposed on the Denver Dispatch newspaper.

This case is about not letting the Denver Dispatch publish military secrets about biological warfare in Boulder, Colorado.

We believe the Supreme Court should forbid the newspaper from publishing further articles about biological warfare research at the Boulder Research Laboratory.

The first reason we believe the Supreme Court should forbid the newspaper to publish further articles about biological warfare research at the Boulder Research Laboratory is because of the past Supreme Court decision in Schenck v. United States, in 1919.

This case was about Charles Schenck printing 15, 000 leaflets.

Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes wrote as part of the majority, “What someone is constitutionally allowed to do depends upon the time and place in which it is done. . .Things which we allow in peacetime are sometimes too dangerous to allow in wartime.”

We believe this applies to the Denver Dispatch case because we are in a war. Freedom of speech isn’t important while in a war.

The second reason we believe the Supreme Court should forbid the newspaper to publish further articles about biological warfare research at the Boulder Research Laboratory is because of the past Supreme Court decision in Near v. Minnesota in 1931.

This case was about Jay Near publishing a newspaper which was anti-Jewish, anti-government, and it attacked everyone: gangsters, police, commissioners, and even the mayor.

Justice Butler wrote as part of the minority, “The newspaper has already published false and outrageous stories that harm the reputations of various people. The use of the law in this case is a way of punishing the newspaper for already abusing its right of freedom of the press.”

We believe this applies to the Denver Dispatch case because the Denver Dispatch is already abusing the Freedom of the Press.

The third reason we believe the Supreme Court should forbid the newspaper from publishing further articles about biological warfare research at the Boulder Research Laboratory is because of the past Supreme Court decision in New York Times v. United States in 1971.

This case was about whether it was constitutional for the New York Times to publish past military secrets and the thinking of the U.S. generals.

Justice Blackmun wrote as part of the minority opinion. “Each section of the Constitution is important and [we] do not believe that the First Amendment is so important. . . .”

We believe this applies to the Denver Dispatch case because we believe the First Amendment isn’t that important that it stands above the other sections.

The last reason we believe the Supreme Court should remove the court order that forbids the Denver Dispatch to publish articles about biological warfare at the Boulder Research Laboratory is because of the what is written in the United States Constitution.

It is written in the Constitution that the Constitution was made to “keep peace in the nation.”

We believe this applies to the Denver Dispatch case because if the lab gives out secrets there will be no peace in the nation.

It is also written in the Constitution that “the President is the Chief Executive.”

We believe this applies to the Denver Dispatch case because he (or she) must protect us if he (or she) thinks it is dangerous.

You have heard the arguments from the respondents, the United States government. We ask the Justices to uphold the constitutional right of the government to protect the national security by blocking the Denver Dispatch articles on biological warfare research.

Denver Dispatch v. United States 2009

Docket Number 93-8000

1. The Story:

The government want to stop the publication of the Denver Dispatch newspaper because they think it’s saying military secrets about a biological weapons laboratory in Boulder, Colorado. In the lower courts the Denver Dispatch lost and they kept appealing until they got to the Supreme Court.

2. The Denver Dispatch Goes to the Supreme Court

The lawyers for the government argued:

The lawyers for the government argued that the Denver Dispatch should not publish the Denver Dispatch because they thought it was giving away military secrets. They argued that the First Amendment right to Freedom of the Press was not the most important Amendment.

The lawyers for the Denver Dispatch argued:

The lawyers for the Denver Dispatch argued that they have the freedom to print their articles and the people should know what the military is doing in the lab.

The Supreme Court Justices decided:

The Supreme Court voted 5 to 4 in favor of the Denver Dispatch.

Writing for the majority, Justice RockGirl voted in favor of the Denver Dispatch. She wrote:

I, RockGirl, believe the Denver Dispatch has the Constitutional right to publish information about the military laboratory in Boulder, Colorado. I believe they have this right because you can’t break the Constitution because terrorists “might” attack or “may” attack. I do not believe the government has the Constitutional right to stop the Denver Dispatch from publishing because if the government stops the Denver Dispatch from publishing terrorists may still attack.

Writing for the majority, Justice Mets1 voted in favor of the Denver Dispatch. He wrote:

I, Mets1, believe the Denver Dispatch has the Constitutional right to publish information about the military laboratory in Boulder, Colorado because like the Denver Dispatch said, terrorists won’t attack because it is peace time not war time.

I believe the Government doesn’t have the Constitutional right to stop the Denver Dispatch from publishing information about the military laboratory in Boulder, Colorado because the Congress has no right to make laws that stop people from speaking, writing, printing, or broadcasting. I don’t think they have anything to be worried about because it is peacetime.

Writing for the majority, Justice SuperStar9 voted in favor of the Denver Dispatch. She wrote:

I, SuperStar9, believe the Denver Dispatch has the Constitutional right to publish information about the military Laboratory in Boulder, Colorado. I believe they have this right because, “there are times in which the press can be prevented from publishing information about government plans or operations.” But this time is not one of those times. I do not believe the government has the Constitutional right to stop the Denver Dispatch from publishing information about the military in Boulder, Colorado. We believe this applies to the Denver Dispatch case because the Denver Dispatch is already abusing the freedom of the press. But they aren’t publishing false and outrageous stories. So why punish them?

Writing for the majority, Justice HolibackGurl voted in favor of the Denver Dispatch. She wrote:

I, HolibackGurl, believe the Denver Dispatch has the Constitutional right to publish information about the military laboratory in Boulder, Colorado. I believe that they have this right because they published one article and there has been no terrorist attack. Also they are warning people about this Anthrax X so if this stuff got out it could have killed someone. I do not believe the government has this Constitutional right to stop the Denver Dispatch from publishing information about the military laboratory in Boulder, Colorado because they put national security in front of the First Amendment. Also they didn’t do very well about answering questions.

Writing for the majority, Justice BlackPanther voted in favor of the Denver Dispatch. He wrote:

I, BlackPanther, believe the Denver Dispatch has the Constitutional right to publish information about the military laboratory in Boulder, Colorado. I believe they have this right because the people should know what the government is doing in the lab. The government said they have the cure for Anthrax X so why are they afraid that the Denver Dispatch will publish the secrets? We are in peacetime not in wartime. I do not believe the government has the Constitutional right to stop the Denver Dispatch from publishing information about the military laboratory in Boulder, Colorado because they said they have the cure for Anthrax X so why should they be afraid. The Denver Dispatch has freedom of speech and freedom of the press.

Writing for the minority, Justice Alvarez voted in favor of the government. He wrote:

I, Mario64, believe the government has the Constitutional right to stop the Denver Dispatch from publishing information about the military laboratory in Boulder, Colorado. I believe they have this right because they want to publish papers that reveal the military secrets. I do not believe the Denver Dispatch has the Constitutional right to publish information about the military laboratory in Boulder, Colorado because it’s revealing military secrets that are not supposed to be heard even if there is a virus or anything that might get us sick.

Writing for the minority, FamousStar3000, voted in favor of the government. She wrote:

I, FamousStar3000, believe the government has the Constitutional right to stop the Denver Dispatch from publishing about the military laboratory in Boulder, Colorado. I think the government has the right to stop publishing these articles. The government wants to keep our county safe. I do not believe the Denver Dispatch has the right to publish these articles. The articles might fall into the wrong hands and something bad might happen. Even though it’s been peacetime for a long time, you don’t know what can happen. Something can happen any day now if those articles are published.

Writing for the minority, Justice Luigi2Power voted in favor of the government. He wrote:

I, Luigi2Power, believe the government has the Constitutional right to stop the Denver Dispatch from publishing information about the military lab in Boulder, Colorado. I believe they have the right because like they said, if the newspaper was published then our enemies can find out and the public might worry. I do not believe the Denver Dispatch has the right to publish information about the military secrets because our enemies might find out, and they will make a plan to destroy us.

Writing for the minority, Justice MusicGirl voted in favor of the government. She wrote:

I, MusicGirl, believe the Government has the Constitutional right to stop the Denver Dispatch from publishing information about the military laboratory. I believe they have this right because what if the next five articles put us in danger if they are published? What if people find out more about Anthrax X and it gets in the wrong hands and hurts innocent people and the military can’t get there in time to stop the Anthrax X? Like the attorneys for the government said, “The First Amendment isn’t the most important part of the Constitution.” I believe that because it’s not the only Amendment or the only part of the Constitution. I think they should all be thought of as equally. Also, like the people in my family say, “You’re better safe than sorry.” I do not believe the Denver Dispatch has the Constitutional right to publish information about the military laboratory in Bolder, Colorado. First, when I saw the attorneys argue for the Denver Dispatch they looked like they weren’t collected. But when I saw the attorneys argue for the government, I thought that they were very put together and knew what they were doing. Second, I liked the way they said their argument and stated their rebuttal. They answered the questions very clearly, and I wasn’t as confused when they were stating their rebuttal and argument. So that’s why I agree with the government.

Article posted June 8, 2009 at 03:20 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 111

Stop, stop, stop littering all over the place!

Do you feel that littering is bad for the earth? I do.People shouldn’t litter all once!

First of all, littering can spread germs! You can get very sick and you can step on it and you can get hurt (if it was glass).

Also, littering can give you a 250 dollar fine. That’s a lot of money and you can go to jail if you don’t pay the fine. I heard that a person littered and got caught and he didn’t pay the fine so he went to jail.

Most importantly, it kills the earth. It could contaminate the air and you can get very sick or even DIE.

People could say there aren’t enough trash cans or they can’t find the trash cans. But they’re still wrong! It kills the earth. If the earth dies, we get contaminated air!

Well, there you have it! That’s how the earth dies, so do the earth a favor: Don’t litter all over the place!

Article posted May 29, 2009 at 02:41 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 85

Have you ever watched "Lord of the Rings"? And you have seen this weird looking house like what a bunny would live in? Well, this house may look fictional but it is in the hands of a guy by the name of Simon Dale and his wife and two kids! It is located in Hillside in Wales. It was built by Simon and his friends with a chainsaw, hammer, and a 1inch chisel. The rest was natural materials that would be able to be recycled!

Wow, that is so cool. I would have loved to stay in that house! It sounds pretty interesting!

http://www.dogonews.com/2009/05/24/a-real-life-hobbit-house

Article posted May 28, 2009 at 07:41 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 81

School’s Out

Director-

Assistant Director-

Narrator -

Stage Crew-

Brianna-

Cindy-

Jacob-

Hailey-

Mom-

Dad-

Bobby-

John-

Ricky-

Bridget-

Narrator- It was almost the end of school and it was the end of the day!

Brianna- Hey, Hailey.

Hailey- Hey, Brianna, what’s up?

Brianna- Nothing much. Oh, yeah are you going to my concert tonight?

Hailey- Yeah, I’m so excited.

Brianna- OK, see you tonight.

(Later on that night.)

Hailey- Good luck!

(They hug.)

Ricky- Yeah, good luck.

Brianna- Hey, everybody I’m here to perform for my best friends whereever they are. Okay, here we go.

The weekends almost done

The moon is low in the sky

I feel like goin’ out

Before the night passes by

I won't just sit around

When life becomes a drag

I dance

I like the bass (turn it up, turn it up, turn it up)

I like the boom (turn it up, turn it up, turn it up)

I need guitar (turn it up, turn it up, turn it up)

I like that drum when it goes boom boom boom

[Chorus]

Let's dance

What the weekend

What the night is all about

Let's dance

Grab your girlfriends

Grab your boyfriends

Sweat it out

Let's dance

(Move your whole body)

(Let's start the party)

(Speak/rap)

Too much rock for one girl can make her go crazy

I need someone to dance with me baby

(Dance)

[Verse 2]

The music’s on (turn it up, turn it up, turn it up)

My favorite song (turn it up, turn it up, turn it up)

The beat is strong (turn it up, turn it up, turn it up)

We'll dance

Come on

[Chorus]

Let's dance

What the weekend

What the night is all about

Let's dance

Grab your girlfriends

Grab your boyfriends

Sweat it out

Let's dance

(Move your whole body)

(Let's start the party)

(Speak/rap)

To much rock for one girl can make her go crazy

I need someone to dance with me baby

(Dance)

Keep moving!

Crank it up!

Yeah

[Bridge]

When the night says hello

Yeah get ready to go

Turn it up

Turn it loose

Yeah you got no excuse

Just take a chance

Get out on the floor and dance

[Chorus]

Let's dance

What the weekend

What the night is all about

Let's dance

Grab your girlfriends

Grab your boyfriends

Sweat it out

Let's dance

(Let's dance)

And let's start the party

[Chorus]

Let's dance

What the weekend

What the night is all about

Let's dance

Grab your girlfriends

Grab your boyfriends

Sweat it out

Let's dance

(Move your whole body)

(Let's start the party)

(Speak/rap)

As soon as my album goes number one

Mr. Lim I'd like a Rolex with 40 diamonds

(Backstage and Cindy and Bobby come on stage.)

Cindy- OMG, you were awesome!

Brianna- Thanks, you were so supportive!

Cindy- Thanks.

Brianna- Where is Hailey?

Cindy- I don’t know?

Brianna- I got to find her!

(School hallway. Hailey was hanging with her friend John, and Brianna gets jealous.)

Hailey- Um, John?

John- What’s up?

Hailey- Let me…

Brianna- HAILEY!!

Hailey- Uh, Oh!

Brianna- Weren’t you at my performance?

Hailey- Yes…

Brianna- So who is he?

Hailey- My new friend John! To me so you can hang out with him?...

(Brianna starts to cry a little.)

Hailey- Yes…. I’m sorry

Brianna- It’s not OK, you lied!

(Bobby, Bridget, and Cindy come on stage.)

Bobby- What’s up people?

Bridget- What’s the commotion?

Brianna- Hailey didn’t come to my performance and lied to me so she could hang out with John.

Hailey- Should I feel ashamed?

(Ricky comes on stage.)

Ricky- Hey, what’s going on?

Brianna- Hailey is so mean!

Hailey- Well, I can be less mean if you stop telling everyone!

Brianna- Well, at least I’m not the dork who would rather hang out with his boyfriend than watch her friend perform on stage!

Hailey- Well, at least I’m not the little baby snitch telling everyone everything!

Brianna- Why you!...

(Cindy comes on scene.)

Bridget, Cindy, and Ricky at the same time- STOP!

Ricky- You guys are friends, not rivals.

Cindy- You shouldn’t be fighting.

Bridget- Yeah! Stop arguing! BOTH of you should be ashamed!

(Jacob comes in the scene.)

Jacob- Hey, guys. What did I miss?

Brianna- You didn't miss ANYTHING!

(Brianna walks off stage.)

Hailey- What is wrong with her?

Jacob- I don't know, I am going to go find out.

(Scene changes to Brianna’s room and the phone rings.)

Brianna- Hello?

Jacob- Hey, Brianna, it’s Jacob. You need to tell me what happened between you and Hailey!

Brianna- Why don’t you ask HAILEY?

Jacob- Because you are more friends with me thean Hailey is! Duh

Brianna- Watever, goodbye!

Jacob- Why won’t she tell me?!

(Last day of school.)

Brianna-Hey, Bridget.

Bridget- Hey, Brianna, what’s up?

Brianna- Nothing much, trying to find Cindy.

Bridget- Oh, ok, then see you later.

Brianna- OK, bye.

Bridget- Bye.

(Cindy comes on stage.)

Brianna- Hey Cindy, is Hailey still mad at me?

Cindy- I think so. She has been pretty upset about that fight that you and Hailey were in!

Brianna- I feel bad now. What should I do!

Cindy- Just talk to her.

Brianna- OK.

(Hailey comes on stage.)

Brianna- Hey, Hailey.

Hailey- Hey, I’m really sorry about that fight we’ve been in.

Brianna- Me, too.

Hailey- Friends.

Brianna- Friends!

(They hug.)

Narrator- Brianna and Hailey are friends again. Brianna goes home and starts talking to her dad about how school has been going.

Brianna- Hey, dad, what’s up?

Dad- Nothing, how was your last day of school?

Brianna- Good or should I say AWESOME!

Dad- Why are you so happy?

Brianna- Me and Hailey are friends again!

Dad- Good for you.

(Phone rings.)

Brianna- I’ll get it. It’s Hailey!

Brianna- Hey, Hailey!

Hailey- Hey, Brianna, I have a question.

Brianna- Yeah.

Hailey- You want to have a sleepover tonight?

Brianna- Yes, your house at seven.

Hailey- OK.

(Later on that night at Hailey’s house.)

Hailey- Hey, Brianna.

Brianna- Hey, Hailey.

Hailey- I‘m so glad you came today.

Brianna- Why?

Hailey- Because I got a surprise for you.

Brianna- Isn’t Cindy and Bridget supposed to come?

Hailey-Yeah, they’re coming in a little while.

Brianna- Oh! What was your surprise?

Hailey- We are gonna’ sing our favorite song!

Brianna- Can I start?

Hailey- OK.

Brianna-I can almost see it

That dream I'm dreaming but

There's a voice inside my head sayin,

You'll never reach it,

Every step I'm taking,

Every move I make feels

Lost with no direction

My faith is shaking but I

Got to keep trying

Got to keep my head held high

Both-

Hailey-The struggles I'm facing,

The chances I'm taking

Sometimes might knock me down but

No I'm not breaking

I may not know it

But these are the moments that

I'm going to remember most yeah

Just got to keep going

And I,

I got to be strong

Just keep pushing on, cause

Both-There's always going to be another mountain

I'm always gonna wanna make it move

Always going to be an uphill battle,

Sometimes I'm gonna have to lose,

Ain't about how fast I get there,

Ain't about what's waiting on the other side

It's the climb (yeah)

Brianna-There's always going to be another mountain

I'm always gonna wanna make it move

Always gonna be an uphill battle

Both-Sometimes I'm gonna have to lose,

Ain't about how fast I get there,

It's the climb (yeah yeah ea ea)

Both-Keep on moving

Keep climbing

Keep the faith baby

It's all about

It's all about

The climb

Keep the faith

Keep your faith

Whoa a oh oh

Brianna- That was awesome! I love that song!

Hailey- I know!

(Door bell rings.)

Hailey- I’ll get it. It’s Cindy

(Hailey opens the door.)

Hailey- Hey, Cindy, come on in!

Cindy- Bridget can’t come!

Hailey- Why?

Cindy- Because her uncle’s birthday is today so, yeah.

Hailey- Oh, well.

Cindy- Lets party!

Brianna- I wanna’ sing “Love Story.”

Hailey- So let’s sing “Love Story.” Pump up the music, Brianna!

Brianna- We were both young when I first saw you

I close my eyes

And the flashback starts

I'm standing there

On a balcony in summer air

See the lights

See the party, the ball gowns

I see you make your way through the crowd

And say hello, little did I know

That you were Romeo, you were throwing pebbles

And my daddy said stay away from Juliet

And I was crying on the staircase

Begging you please don't go, and I said

Romeo take me somewhere we can be alone

I'll be waiting all there's left to do is run

You'll be the prince and I'll be the princess

It's a love story baby just say yes

So I sneak out to the garden to see you

We keep quiet 'cause we're dead if they knew

So close your eyes

Escape this town for a little while

'Cause you were Romeo, I was a scarlet letter

And my daddy said stay away from Juliet

But you were everything to me

I was begging you please don't go and I said

Romeo take me somewhere we can be alone

It's a love story baby just say yes

Romeo save me, they try to tell me how to feel

This love is difficult, but it's real

Don't be afraid, we'll make it out of this mess

It's a love story baby just say yes

Oh oh

I got tired of waiting

Wondering if you were ever coming around

My faith in you is fading

When I met you on the outskirts of town, and I said

Romeo save me I've been feeling so alone

I keep waiting for you but you never come

Is this in my head? I don't know what to think

He knelt to the ground and pulled out a ring

And said, marry me

You'll never have to be alone

I love you and that's all I really know

I talked to your dad, go pick out a blue dress

It's a love story baby just say yes

Oh, oh, oh, oh

'Cause we were both young when I first saw you

Cindy- You were awesome. Can we sing “Rock Star” please?

Brianna- OK, but I want Hailey to sing with me if she wants.

Hailey-OK.

Brianna- Hit the music!

(“Rock Star” begins to play.)

Brianna-Yeah, uh oh, uh oh, uh oh, yeah

Sometimes I walk a little faster

In the school hallway just to get next to you

Some days I spend a little extra time

In the morning just to impress you

Hailey- Guess you don't notice, guess you don't need this

Sad, you're not seeing what you're missing

On the outside shying away

On the inside dying to say

Both-I'm unusual, not so typical

Way too smart to be waiting around

Tai Chi practices, snowboard champion

I can fix the flat on your car

I might even be a rock star

I might even be a rock star

Brianna-Sometimes I wish when the phone rings

That it would be you saying, "Let's hang out"

Then you confess that there's something special

In between us, why don't we find out

Hailey-You don't know me, guess you don't need me

Why you're not seein' what you're missin'

On the outside shyin' away

On the inside dying to say

Both- I'm unusual, not so typical

Way too smart to be waiting around

Tai Chi practices, snowboard champion

I can fix the flat on your car

Brianna- I might even be a rock star

If you only knew the real me

I might even be a rock star

I'm telling you that we are meant to be

Hailey- Now wouldn't it be nice if you could see

That I really am a rock star

Yeah yeah, woo

Yeah I really am a rock star

Brianna-Ha, a rock star

Both- I'm unusual, not so typical

Way too smart to be waiting around

Tai Chi practices, snowboard champion

I can fix the flat on your car

Rockin' it wherever we are, yeah yeah

'Cause I really am a rock star

'Cause I really am a rock star

I am a rock star, whoa, yeah!

Cindy- You were good!

Hailey and Brianna- Thanks!

Narrator- Well, there you have it. Brianna and Hailey are at their sleepover. But what will happen next? Stay tuned until Part II comes out!

Article posted May 19, 2009 at 03:00 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 96

A homeowner in England walked out in her yard only to find this little guy hanging out with his head stuck inside a jar. Apparently, after licking whatever was in the jar clean, the fox had tried to get out, only to find that he was stuck!

Then the homeowner called the animal rescue services and they came and helped the little fox out. It took them 20 MINUTES!

Wow, that must have been pretty painful for the little fox! Well, I would have cried if I got stuck in a jar!

[LINK]

Article posted May 11, 2009 at 03:51 PM GMT0 • comment (4) • Reads 77

Hollibackgurl42

Article posted May 9, 2009 at 08:45 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 71

Narrator (Walking in) - Once there was girl with a life that felt like she had no friends and no one to hang out with.

Ashley (Walking in with Julia with a confused face.)- Oh, why don’t I have many friends?

Julia- Well, maybe you should meet more people and become friends with different people?

Ashley (sad)- Who would want to be my friend?

Julia (helping)- You just have to try to meet new people!

Ashley- I’ll try.

Narrator – The next day in school Ashley met to new girls named Britney and Maria.

(Brintney and Maria walk in.)

Ashley (Walking in and talking to the girls standing there.) - Hey, you want to be friends?

Maria (being nice) – Yeah, okay.

Britney (trying not to be left out)- I’ll be your friend too.

Narrator (Walking on then walking off.)- Later on that day they went to the mall.

Julia (surprised)- WOW, you took my advice and meet to new people!

Ashley- Yeah, it worked, but don’t worry I wont forget about you.

Narrator (walking on then walking off) – After finding some friends, Ashley was so happy that she ran home and told her mom and dad.

Ashley – Mom! Mom! Guess what? I found friends!

Mom- What? Oh my honey, I’m so happy for you! Tell me all about it.

Ashley- Well, I was asking Julia why I didn’t I have any friends and she told me that I should try to meet different people and so I did and I met friends.

Mom- I’m so happy for you. Just wait until your father finds out!

Narrator- Ashley’s dad came home.

Mom – Guess what? Ashley found friends!

Dad- Wow, Ashley! I’m really happy for you! Lets go out to dinner to celebrate!

Narrator (People are sitting in the back faking to eat.) – So they went. The next day at school Julia tried to talk to Addie but everyone was pulling her away. So Julia just gave up. Addie had lied to her. She did forget about her.

Julia- I can’t believe she just forgot about me.

Ashley – Hey, guys.

Narrator – That night Ashley called Julia.

Ashley – I’m so, so sorry. I know I forgot about you, and I know I shouldn’t have. I’m so sorry.

Narrator- Ashley walked over to Julia’s house and hugged her.

Both Julia and Ashley – We’re best friends forever.

Everyone- We’re all best friends forever.

Article posted May 5, 2009 at 03:27 PM GMT0 • comment (3) • Reads 138

On a Saturday afternoon a dog named Tinker Bell got blown away with the wind, a 70 mile an hour wind that must have gave the owner a heart attack.

I would have been scared if my dog flew away with the wind. I would have ran after it until I was be able to catch him, and I would never let him go again!

[LINK]

Books I’ve read:

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog
See other books we’ve read HERE

I'm SMART and I have my Internet Driver's License!

smart

Get "AnswerTips" about ANY word on this website by double clicking the word!