Login
Copyright (c) 2014 by CheerGirl98 Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
CheerGirl98 -- Blogmeister

CheerGirl98

2009

www.flickr.com

by CheerGirl98

teacher: Gordon Brune

Class Assignments
Blog Entries
Letter to my 12th grade self (A) 06/26/09
Constitution Works (A) 06/26/09
Come watch Akeelah and the Bee! (A) 06/18/09
High Heeled (WP, Video) 06/17/09
You're my best friend (WP, audio) 06/09/09
Dear Alli (WP) 06/01/09
You should stop graffiti today! (A) 06/01/09
Artist Creates Masterpiece From Old Books! (N) 05/29/09
The Best Job In The World Goes To...(N) 05/15/09
How I Got Rid Of My Teacher 2 (WP) 05/11/09
Show All
Britain's Hi-Tech Octogenarian (N) 05/08/09
One Crazy Day (WP) 05/01/09
Lost on an Island (WP) 04/27/09
The Simpsons Clam Finally Gets Some Respect (N) 04/17/09
My First Softball Game (WP) 04/16/09
Go and Put Some Sal's Pizza In Your Stomach! (A) 04/03/09
Spectacular sandtorm (N) 03/27/09
D.A.R.E Report (A) 03/23/09
My favorite music artists [the one's that only poped into my head at the moment] (WP) 03/18/09
My teachers I have had so far (WP) 03/18/09
Wimpy Kid Comic Contest (A) 03/16/09
The climb (WP, Audio)) 03/13/09
The Stunning Pink Dolphin (N) 03/13/09
Final Pioneer Diary Entry (A) 03/10/09
When I went to Six Flags (WP) 03/09/09
Return to the Moon (A) 03/09/09
Rockstar (WP, Audio) 03/04/09
My Thumb (WP) 02/26/09
My Review of Diary of a Wimpy Kid (WP) 02/24/09
When my finger got hurt really bad (WP) 02/23/09
The Krispy Kream Challenge (N) 02/13/09
What do you do if you don't know what to write about? (WP) 02/12/09
This Week (WP) 02/10/09
Review of Enchanted (WP) 02/03/09
A penguin that is scared of water (N) 02/02/09
I have a dream (A) 01/21/09
The 5th grade trip (WP) 01/21/09
My phone (WP) 01/20/09
A big surprise (WP) 01/20/09
The 22 stars of Marly and Me (N) 01/15/09
My cat (WP) 01/15/09
When I got a haircut (WP) 01/12/09
How many times does your heart beat a day? (A) 01/12/09
Frankie the cat burglar (N) 12/16/08
Princess Alisa 2 (WP) 12/08/08
Deaf Dalmatian Learns sign language (N) 12/04/08
Cheergirl98 School's Report (A) 11/19/08
How geographic features can effect peoples' lives (A) 11/18/08
What to write about (WP) 11/13/08
Princess Alisa (WP) 11/06/08
Election Issues (A) 10/27/08
The happiest place turns spooky (N) 10/14/08
Kera the gorilla finds a new home (N) 10/02/08
When my parents let me get a pet (A) 09/25/08
America Is. . .(A) 09/18/08
CheerGirl Rocks! (WP) 09/17/08
Dog Saves Owner By Calling 911 (N) 09/16/08
Once Upon a Time (WP) 09/15/08
When I Got My Ears Pierced (WP) 09/11/08
How I Got Rid of My Teacher (WP) 09/11/08

Article posted June 26, 2009 at 10:03 AM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 423

final letter

Article posted June 26, 2009 at 10:03 AM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 423



Article posted June 26, 2009 at 09:36 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 85

Brief and Oral Argument, Denver Dispatch



May it please the court; we are the petitioners, representing the Denver Dispatch newspaper.



We appear before you today to ask the Supreme Court to remove the court order that forbids the Denver Dispatch from publishing articles about biological warfare at the Boulder Research Laboratory.



This case is all about how the Denver Dispatch should publish articles about secrets about the government’s biological warfare. We believe the Supreme Court should remove the court order that forbids the Denver Dispatch to publish articles about biological warfare at the Boulder Research Laboratory.



The first reason we believe the Supreme Court should remove the court order that forbids the Denver Dispatch to publish articles about biological warfare at the Boulder Research Laboratory is because of the past Supreme Court decision in Schenck v. United States, in 1919.



This case was about if Charles Schenck could publish anti-war leaflets that said the government shouldn’t be able to force young men into war. Congress had passed a new law that said it was against the law to encourage men to not be drafted for the war.



Justice Holmes wrote as part of the majority, ““We have to ask ourselves every time that we look at a case, ‘Are the words that are said or written used in such a way that they cause a clear and present danger?’…It is a question of how close is this possible danger and how dangerous it could be. Things which we allow in peacetime are sometimes too dangerous to allow in wartime.”



We believe this applies to the Denver Dispatch case because the Denver Dispatch has words that can cause danger. Also, things that are allowed in the Denver Dispatch in peacetime are dangerous in wartime.



The second reason we believe the Supreme Court should remove the court order that forbids the Denver Dispatch to publish articles about biological warfare at the Boulder Research Laboratory is because of the past Supreme Court decision in Near v. Minnesota in 1931.



This case was about whether Jay Near could publish his newspaper, the Saturday Press. The newspaper attacked everyone physically and emotionally.



Justice Hughes wrote as part of the majority that, ““We have usually believed that freedom of the press means that a newspaper can publish what is wants and that the government cannot stop it from publishing what it wants.”



We believe this applies to the Denver Dispatch case because the First Amendment protects the Denver Dispatch’s right to publish what it wants. The Denver Dispatch can publish information on the biological warfare (anthrax X).



The third reason we believe the Supreme Court should remove the court order that forbids the Denver Dispatch to publish articles about biological warfare at the Boulder Research Laboratory is because of the past Supreme Court decision in New York Times v. United States in 1971.



This case was about if the New York Times could publish the “Pentagon Papers” and if they were breaking a law publishing these papers with secret information.



Justice White wrote as part of the majority, ““There are times in which the press can be prevented from publishing information about government plans or operations.”



We believe this applies to the Denver Dispatch case because there are times when the Denver Dispatch can get prevented from publishing information but this time is not one of those times.



The last reasons we believe the Supreme Court should remove the court order that forbids the Denver Dispatch to publish articles about biological warfare at the Boulder Research Laboratory is because of the what is written in the United States Constitution.



It is written that in the Constitution that Congress shall make no law abridging the freedom of speech or of the press. Congress is not allowed to make laws that stop people from speaking, writing, printing, and broadcasting.



We believe that this applies to the Denver Dispatch because the government has no right to stop the Denver Dispatch from writing and printing.



It is also written in the Constitution that the people of the United States set out rules that the government must follow. The Constitution was made to keep peace in the nation, bring about justice, defend the nation a s a whole from foreign enemies, make peoples’ lives better, and make sure that the people remain free.



We believe that this applies to the Denver Dispatch because the Denver Dispatch was written to warn the people of anthrax x. This defends people’s lives.



You have heard the arguments from the petitioner, the Denver Dispatch. We ask the Justices to uphold the freedom of the press granted in the First Amendment and to allow the newspaper to continue to publish the articles about biological warfare research.







Brief and Oral Argument, United States Government



May it please the court; we are the respondents, representing the United States government.



We appear before you today to ask the Supreme Court to uphold the court order that the lower court and the appeals court imposed on the Denver Dispatch newspaper.



This case is about not letting the Denver Dispatch publish military secrets about biological warfare in Boulder, Colorado.



We believe the Supreme Court should forbid the newspaper from publishing further articles about biological warfare research at the Boulder Research Laboratory.



The first reason we believe the Supreme Court should forbid the newspaper to publish further articles about biological warfare research at the Boulder Research Laboratory is because of the past Supreme Court decision in Schenck v. United States, in 1919.



This case was about Charles Schenck printing 15, 000 leaflets.



Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes wrote as part of the majority, “What someone is constitutionally allowed to do depends upon the time and place in which it is done. . .Things which we allow in peacetime are sometimes too dangerous to allow in wartime.”



We believe this applies to the Denver Dispatch case because we are in a war. Freedom of speech isn’t important while in a war.



The second reason we believe the Supreme Court should forbid the newspaper to publish further articles about biological warfare research at the Boulder Research Laboratory is because of the past Supreme Court decision in Near v. Minnesota in 1931.



This case was about Jay Near publishing a newspaper which was anti-Jewish, anti-government, and it attacked everyone: gangsters, police, commissioners, and even the mayor.



Justice Butler wrote as part of the minority, “The newspaper has already published false and outrageous stories that harm the reputations of various people. The use of the law in this case is a way of punishing the newspaper for already abusing its right of freedom of the press.”



We believe this applies to the Denver Dispatch case because the Denver Dispatch is already abusing the Freedom of the Press.



The third reason we believe the Supreme Court should forbid the newspaper from publishing further articles about biological warfare research at the Boulder Research Laboratory is because of the past Supreme Court decision in New York Times v. United States in 1971.



This case was about whether it was constitutional for the New York Times to publish past military secrets and the thinking of the U.S. generals.



Justice Blackmun wrote as part of the minority opinion. “Each section of the Constitution is important and [we] do not believe that the First Amendment is so important. . . .”



We believe this applies to the Denver Dispatch case because we believe the First Amendment isn’t that important that it stands above the other sections.



The last reason we believe the Supreme Court should remove the court order that forbids the Denver Dispatch to publish articles about biological warfare at the Boulder Research Laboratory is because of the what is written in the United States Constitution.



It is written in the Constitution that the Constitution was made to “keep peace in the nation.”



We believe this applies to the Denver Dispatch case because if the lab gives out secrets there will be no peace in the nation.



It is also written in the Constitution that “the President is the Chief Executive.”



We believe this applies to the Denver Dispatch case because he (or she) must protect us if he (or she) thinks it is dangerous.



You have heard the arguments from the respondents, the United States government. We ask the Justices to uphold the constitutional right of the government to protect the national security by blocking the Denver Dispatch articles on biological warfare research.







Denver Dispatch v. United States 2009

Docket Number 93-8000



1. The Story:

The government want to stop the publication of the Denver Dispatch newspaper because they think it’s saying military secrets about a biological weapons laboratory in Boulder, Colorado. In the lower courts the Denver Dispatch lost and they kept appealing until they got to the Supreme Court.



2. The Denver Dispatch Goes to the Supreme Court



The lawyers for the government argued:

The lawyers for the government argued that the Denver Dispatch should not publish the Denver Dispatch because they thought it was giving away military secrets. They argued that the First Amendment right to Freedom of the Press was not the most important Amendment.



The lawyers for the Denver Dispatch argued:

The lawyers for the Denver Dispatch argued that they have the freedom to print their articles and the people should know what the military is doing in the lab.



The Supreme Court Justices decided:

The Supreme Court voted 5 to 4 in favor of the Denver Dispatch.



Writing for the majority, Justice RockGirl voted in favor of the Denver Dispatch. She wrote:



I, RockGirl, believe the Denver Dispatch has the Constitutional right to publish information about the military laboratory in Boulder, Colorado. I believe they have this right because you can’t break the Constitution because terrorists “might” attack or “may” attack. I do not believe the government has the Constitutional right to stop the Denver Dispatch from publishing because if the government stops the Denver Dispatch from publishing terrorists may still attack.



Writing for the majority, Justice Mets1 voted in favor of the Denver Dispatch. He wrote:



I, Mets1, believe the Denver Dispatch has the Constitutional right to publish information about the military laboratory in Boulder, Colorado because like the Denver Dispatch said, terrorists won’t attack because it is peace time not war time.



I believe the Government doesn’t have the Constitutional right to stop the Denver Dispatch from publishing information about the military laboratory in Boulder, Colorado because the Congress has no right to make laws that stop people from speaking, writing, printing, or broadcasting. I don’t think they have anything to be worried about because it is peacetime.



Writing for the majority, Justice SuperStar9 voted in favor of the Denver Dispatch. She wrote:



I, SuperStar9, believe the Denver Dispatch has the Constitutional right to publish information about the military Laboratory in Boulder, Colorado. I believe they have this right because, “there are times in which the press can be prevented from publishing information about government plans or operations.” But this time is not one of those times. I do not believe the government has the Constitutional right to stop the Denver Dispatch from publishing information about the military in Boulder, Colorado. We believe this applies to the Denver Dispatch case because the Denver Dispatch is already abusing the freedom of the press. But they aren’t publishing false and outrageous stories. So why punish them?



Writing for the majority, Justice HolibackGurl voted in favor of the Denver Dispatch. She wrote:



I, HolibackGurl, believe the Denver Dispatch has the Constitutional right to publish information about the military laboratory in Boulder, Colorado. I believe that they have this right because they published one article and there has been no terrorist attack. Also they are warning people about this Anthrax X so if this stuff got out it could have killed someone. I do not believe the government has this Constitutional right to stop the Denver Dispatch from publishing information about the military laboratory in Boulder, Colorado because they put national security in front of the First Amendment. Also they didn’t do very well about answering questions.



Writing for the majority, Justice BlackPanther voted in favor of the Denver Dispatch. He wrote:



I, BlackPanther, believe the Denver Dispatch has the Constitutional right to publish information about the military laboratory in Boulder, Colorado. I believe they have this right because the people should know what the government is doing in the lab. The government said they have the cure for Anthrax X so why are they afraid that the Denver Dispatch will publish the secrets? We are in peacetime not in wartime. I do not believe the government has the Constitutional right to stop the Denver Dispatch from publishing information about the military laboratory in Boulder, Colorado because they said they have the cure for Anthrax X so why should they be afraid. The Denver Dispatch has freedom of speech and freedom of the press.



Writing for the minority, Justice Alvarez voted in favor of the government. He wrote:



I, Mario64, believe the government has the Constitutional right to stop the Denver Dispatch from publishing information about the military laboratory in Boulder, Colorado. I believe they have this right because they want to publish papers that reveal the military secrets. I do not believe the Denver Dispatch has the Constitutional right to publish information about the military laboratory in Boulder, Colorado because it’s revealing military secrets that are not supposed to be heard even if there is a virus or anything that might get us sick.



Writing for the minority, FamousStar3000, voted in favor of the government. She wrote:



I, FamousStar3000, believe the government has the Constitutional right to stop the Denver Dispatch from publishing about the military laboratory in Boulder, Colorado. I think the government has the right to stop publishing these articles. The government wants to keep our county safe. I do not believe the Denver Dispatch has the right to publish these articles. The articles might fall into the wrong hands and something bad might happen. Even though it’s been peacetime for a long time, you don’t know what can happen. Something can happen any day now if those articles are published.



Writing for the minority, Justice Luigi2Power voted in favor of the government. He wrote:



I, Luigi2Power, believe the government has the Constitutional right to stop the Denver Dispatch from publishing information about the military lab in Boulder, Colorado. I believe they have the right because like they said, if the newspaper was published then our enemies can find out and the public might worry. I do not believe the Denver Dispatch has the right to publish information about the military secrets because our enemies might find out, and they will make a plan to destroy us.



Writing for the minority, Justice MusicGirl voted in favor of the government. She wrote:



I, MusicGirl, believe the Government has the Constitutional right to stop the Denver Dispatch from publishing information about the military laboratory. I believe they have this right because what if the next five articles put us in danger if they are published? What if people find out more about Anthrax X and it gets in the wrong hands and hurts innocent people and the military can’t get there in time to stop the Anthrax X? Like the attorneys for the government said, “The First Amendment isn’t the most important part of the Constitution.” I believe that because it’s not the only Amendment or the only part of the Constitution. I think they should all be thought of as equally. Also, like the people in my family say, “You’re better safe than sorry.” I do not believe the Denver Dispatch has the Constitutional right to publish information about the military laboratory in Bolder, Colorado. First, when I saw the attorneys argue for the Denver Dispatch they looked like they weren’t collected. But when I saw the attorneys argue for the government, I thought that they were very put together and knew what they were doing. Second, I liked the way they said their argument and stated their rebuttal. They answered the questions very clearly, and I wasn’t as confused when they were stating their rebuttal and argument. So that’s why I agree with the government.

Article posted June 26, 2009 at 09:36 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 85



Article posted June 18, 2009 at 05:21 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 158

"Akeelah and the Bee" is all about this girl name Akeelah who is an amazing speller! She can spell almost anything you can say! Anyway, there are a lot of main characters in this movie. And they are, of course Akeelah, Kiannah (Akeelah’s sister), Mr.Whelch (Akeelah’s principal) Akeelah’s mom, Akeelahs two brothers, Dylan (one of Akeelah’s competition), Javier (Akeelah’s friend/ competition), Georgia (Akeelah’s friend), professor Larabbie (helps Akeelah spell), and mostly the whole neighborhood who helps her practice. This takes place in a whole bunch of places like, Los Angeles and Washington D.C. Most people would say “all over the world.” I liked the movie "Akeelah and the Bee." It is the most inspiring movie ever!



To start with (like I said before) it inspired me. For example, she wanted to quit spelling at one part of the movie but she stuck with it, and she did great in the spelling bee. When she was in her first spelling bee at her school, she won. But after they said she won this guy, Professor Larabbie, who was watching her (he coaches her later on in the movie) asked her to spell more words. She got most of them right except for one and everyone started laughing at her. She wanted to quit and she didn’t. So that inspired me a lot!



In addition, you should also watch this movie because it gets you asking questions like is Akeelah going to win? What is going to happen next? Or something like is that true?! Or you will gasp at something like, "I can’t believe that just happened!" Or "Will they both win?" Or something else like, "I hope she wins! I really hopes she wins!" I was nervous when Akeelah went up to spell a word. I kept hoping that she would win!



And lastly, it really got you in to it. I had my eyes glued to that screen. And I saw everyone in my class looking at the screen. I even think my teacher did even though it was like his 4th time seeing it. I really liked it. And even when she won something, I and my whole class started cheering and clapping!



So if you want to go see a movie that is inspiring, and gets you asking questions, and has your eyed glued to the screen, go see "Akeelah and the Bee"!

Article posted June 18, 2009 at 05:21 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 158



Article posted June 17, 2009 at 11:10 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 541

High Healed



Inspired by the songs of Miley Cyrus (and Hannah Montana).



Characters:

Alyssa

Maggie

Max

Mini

Alexa

Dad

Six Girls



(Walking to school.)



Alyssa (walking towards Maggie): Hey, Maggie.



Maggie: Hey Alyssa.



Alyssa: OMG! I just remembered that they’re having a major sale on high heels in a couple of days!



Maggie (under her breath): Oh, high heels? Of course. . . .



Alyssa: Did you say something?



Maggie (smiling and walking farther from her): No!



Alyssa: There’s something up with her today….



(In school hallway.)



Alyssa: I’m telling you there is something up with her. I tried talking to her in Biology but she wouldn’t talk to me. I asked her if she was mad at me, and she said no. It’s just like she’s not the same ever since I told her about the high heels shoe sale.



Max: Maybe she doesn’t like high heels?



Mini: Yeah, maybe Max is right?



Alyssa (taking a deep breath): Nooooo! No, no, stop saying that! Oh!



Alexa: You never know, Alyssa.



(Max, Mini, and Alexa walk off.)



Alyssa (putting her hands over her eyes not knowing what to do): No, that can’t be it. Maybe it is, I don’t know.



(Maggie enters. Alyssa still has her hands over her eyes.)



Maggie: Hi, Alyssa!



Alyssa: AH! You scared me!



Maggie: Oh, sorry.



Alyssa: Hey, you haven’t been the same ever since I told you about the shoe sale on high heels. And Max said that maybe you don’t like high heels anymore. I know that can’t be possible, right?



Maggie: Uh, of course not! BYE!



(Maggie runs off.)



Alyssa: Now there is DEFINITELY something wrong with her today!



(The scene changes to Alyssa’s house. Alyssa walks in to her dad and mom’s room and her dad is watching TV on the bed.)



Alyssa: Hey dad, Maggie was really different today.



Dad: Why?



Alyssa: Well, I’m not really sure but it started ever since I told her about the high heels sale that’s in an hour.



Dad: Maybe she doesn’t like high heels.



Alyssa: WHY DOES EVERYBODY KEEP SAYING THAT?! Max, Mini and Alexa said that and now my dad. Uuuugggghhhh!



Dad: Maybe they’re right.



(The doorbell rings.)



Alyssa: I’ll get it!



(Alyssa opens the door.)



Alyssa: Hey, Maggie, come in.



(They go and sit on the couch.)



Alyssa: I need to ask you a question.



Maggie: Sure, anything. What is it Alyssa? Wait, I think I know. Are you gonna’ ask why I have been so strange today. It’s because. . . .



Alyssa: What is it?



Maggie (NOT telling the truth): Jjuuusstt because. . . .I was in one of my moods.



Alyssa: Well, ok!



(Maggie hangs out a little at her house. After, Alyssa goes on a three way phone call with Max, Alexa, and Mini.)



Max: Soooo, what happened with you guys?



Alyssa: She said that she was in one of her “moods.”



Mini: Do you believe her?



Alyssa: I don’t know, should I?



Alexa: Well, it’s up to you.



Alyssa: What do you think guys?



Mini: Yup, I agree, it’s up to you.



Alyssa: Max? You got any advice?



Max: Nope, sorry. I agree with Alexa and Mini too.



Alyssa: Wait, I’m getting another call. It’s Maggie! What do I do?-



Mini: Just speak to her!



Alyssa: But what if. . . ?



Max, Mini, and Alexa at the same time: GO!



Alyssa: Fine, fine, bye!



Max, Mini, and Alexa at the same time: Bye!



Max: You think she’s gonna’ make it?



Alexa: Not at all.



Mini: Same.



(They all get off the phone. Alyssa and Maggie are on the phone)



Alyssa: Hey, Maggie.



Maggie: Hey, Alyssa. I was wondering if you were free on Friday. Maybe we can have one of our sleepovers!



Alyssa: Friday, Friday, uh, yeah I think I’m free.



Maggie: Your house, 6:00?



Alyssa: Awesome!



Maggie: K



Maggie: Bye!



Alyssa: Bye!



(Next day, two days before the sleepover, Alyssa passes Maggie in the hallway. Maggie is talking to Mini, Max and Alexa. Alyssa realizes she is wearing shoes instead of high heals. Alyssa wipes her eyes thinking she’s seeing wrong. When she takes her hand off of her eyes she sees she wasn’t mistaken. Alyssa just shrugs and walks off.)



(Day of the sleepover. Scene changes to Alyssa’s concert. Maggie and Alyssa are together, arms locked with each other. Max, Mini, Alexa and six girls are behind them.)



Maggie: Good luck.



(They hug each other.)



Max: Well, we better go take or seats.



(Scene changes to a stage. Alyssa’s friends are in the front seat. Alyssa is up on stage.



Alyssa: Hi, everyone. I want to dedicate this song for all of you guys out there and especially my best friends who are out there also. Are you ready? Whoo! Here we go!



Life is just a party so come as you are,

Dress it up or dress it down,

never forget your guitar,

Just be courageous, this styles contagious

Everyone can rock out like a superstar.

Lets get crazy,

Get up and dance,

Take a swing,

Do your thing,

If we’re taking a chance

Lets get crazy

Yeah, just kick up your heels

Don’t miss out,

time to shout

Always keeping it real

Lets get crazy!

Crazy Our songs,

Our style

Our hair,

Our smile

Our laughs,

Our heart

Our grace,

Our smarts

You see me on the cover of a magazine,

Remember, Things are always different then the way that it seems,

Here’s an invitation, to every nation.

Meet me on the dance floor and we'll make the scene.

Let’s get crazy!

Get up and dance,

Take a swing,

do your thing,

If we’re taking a chance

Lets get crazy

Yeah just kick up your heels

Don’t miss out,

time to shout

Always keeping it real

Lets get crazy!!

Crazy

la la la la la la...ohhhh.

Our songs,

our style

our hair,

our smile

our laughs,

our heart

our grace,

our smarts

Lets get crazy!

Get up and dance,

Take a swing,

Do your thing,

If we’re taking a chance,

Lets get crazy!

Turn the music up loud,

Now’s the time to unwind,

Lose yourself in the crowd,

Lets get crazy!

Yeah, the fun’s just begun,

Come on dance everyone.

Here’s an invitation,

to every nation.

Oh, Oh, yeah,

Oh, Oh, yeah Crazy

Take a swing,

do your thing,

If we’re taking a chance, Lets get crazy!

Yeah, just kick up your heels,

don’t miss out,

time to shout,

always keeping it real,

Lets get crazy!



Alyssa: Thank you all! Goodnight!







(The concert is over and the scene changes to Alyssa’s room for a sleepover. On stage is Alyssa, Maggie, Mini, Alexa, and six girls.)



Alexa: Oh, my gosh! The concert was amazing!



Mini: Yeah, you did amazing.



Maggie: OK, who is ready to have some fun? Turn the music up loud, Alyssa!



(“Girls just wanna’ have fun” starts to play and everyone starts dancing.)



Maggie: I come home in the morning light

My mother says, "When you gonna live your life right?"

Oh mother dear we're not the fortunate ones

And girls they wanna have fun

Oh girls just wanna have fun



Alyssa: The phone rings in the middle of the night

My father yells, "what you gonna do with your life?"

Oh daddy dear you know you're still number one

And girls, they wanna have fun

Oh girls just wanna have



Both: That's all they really want

Some fun

When the working day is done

Oh girls they wanna have fun

Oh girls just wanna have fun



(Girls they wanna, wanna have fun)

(Girls, they wanna have)



Alyssa: Some boys take a beautiful girl

And hide her away from the rest of the world

I wanna be the one to walk in the sun

Oh girls they wanna have fun

Oh girls just wanna have

Maggie: That's all they really want

Some fun

When the working day is done

Oh girls they wanna have fun

Oh girls just wanna have fun



(Girls they wanna, wanna have fun)

(Girls, they wanna have)



Both: They just wanna, they just wanna

They just wanna, they just wanna



Maggie: That's all they really want

Some fun

When the working day is done

Oh girls they wanna have fun

Oh girls just wanna have fun



Maggie :( Girls they wanna, wanna have fun)

(Girls, they wanna have)



Alyssa: When the working, when the working

When the working day is done

Oh when the working day is done

Oh girls the wanna have fun



Both: (Girls they wanna, wanna have fun) (have fun)

(Girls, they wanna have)



(Girls they wanna, wanna have fun)

(They wanna have fun)

(Girls, they wanna have)



One of the six girls: I just love that song!!



Maggie: I know, right!?







(Mom enters Alyssa’s room.)



Mom: Girls, was that you making all that sound?



Alyssa: Oh, sorry, mom, we’ll try to keep it down.



(Mom exits.)



Maggie: I have a little surprise for you.



(Maggie pulls out a best friend necklace and the heart is broken so they both have one. Then they hug!)



Alyssa: Aw, thanks and I have a surprise for you.



(“Full circle” starts playing. Alyssa knows Maggie absolutely loves that song!)



Alyssa:

I’ve been in a rut

Back and forth enough

Heart like the wheel

Without you around

So uncomfortable is how it feels

Every time you’re near

Trouble disappears

Under the ground

But when you go too far

Silver clouds will start hanging around



And I know why

Try to run

But I keep on

Coming back

Full circle

And I can’t jump the track

Can’t let you go

Tried to once

So I keep on

Coming back

Full circle

‘Cause I know you’ll come around

You’ll come around



Skippin' down a broken path

How long can I last?

Please let me know

Where’s the finish line

‘Cause I’ve got to find somewhere to go

I don’t want to hear

These people interfere

What do they know?

What I feel inside

When I’m up all night

Needing you oh…



I don’t know why

Tried to run

But I keep on

Coming back

Full circle

And I can’t jump the track

Can’t let you go

Tried to once

So I keep on

Coming back

Full circle

‘Cause I know you’ll come around

You’ll come around

‘Cause I know you’ll come around

You’ll come around



I'll keep on runnin’

Till we meet in the middle

I'll push it right aside

And I give just a little

There’s miles to go

But wait

Don’t hold back

We’ll make it



And I know why

Tried to run

But I keep on

Coming back

Full circle

And I can’t jump the track

Can’t let you go

Tried to once

So I keep on

Coming back

Full circle

‘Cause I know you’ll come around

You’ll come around

I know you’ll come around

You’ll come around

Yeah I know you’ll come around

You’ll come around



Maggie: I just love it when you sing that song!



Alyssa: And that’s why I sang it!



Alexa: Okay, I’ve been enjoying the songs but why not dancing.



(Maggie and Alyssa and Alexa both look at each other and smile.)







The music starts to play “Lets Dance.”



Alyssa: The weekend's almost done

The moon is low in the sky

I feel like going out

Before the night passes by

I won't just sit around

When life becomes a drag



I dance



(Music plays. Everyone starts doing the tango. Alyssa and Maggie pair up.)



Maggie: I like the base (turn it up, turn it up, and turn it up)

I like the boom (turn it up, turn it up, turn it up)

I need guitar (turn it up, turn it up, turn it up)

I like that drum when it goes boom da boom da boom

Let's dance for the weekend, what the night is all about

Let's Dance grab your girlfriends grab your boyfriends let it out

Let's Dance (move your whole body) Let's start the party

To much rock for one girl can make her go crazy

I need someone to dance with me baby (dance)



The music's on (turn it up, turn it up, turn it up)

My favorite song (turn it up, turn it up, turn it up)

The beat is strong (turn it up, turn it up, turn it up)

We'll dance COME ON

Let's dance on the weekend, when the night is all about

Let's Dance grab your girlfriends grab your boyfriends sweat it out

Let's Dance (move your whole body) Let's start the party



[Rap]

Took just one girl to make you go crazy

I need someone to dance with me baby (dance)



Keep Movin'

Crank it up

YEAH!



When the night says "hello"

Yea Get ready to go

Turn it up Turn it loose Yeah

You got no excuse Just

Take a chance get out on the floor and Dance

Let's Dance for what the weekend, what the night is all about

Let's Dance grab your girlfriends, grab your boyfriends sweat it out

Let's Dance Let's start the party

(Dance with me, Dance with me, Dance with me, Dance)

Let's Dance for the weekend what the night is all about

Let's Dance grab your girlfriends grab your boyfriends let it out

Let's Dance (move your whole body) Let's start the Party

[Rap]

[laughs]

Took just one girl to make you go crazy

I need someone to dance with me baby (Dance!)



(Maggie and Alyssa trip after the song is over because Maggie is wearing sneakers and Alyssa is wearing high heals. They both laugh.)



Alyssa: Wait one sec, Maggie are you wearing sneakers?



Maggie: Uhhhh…. OKAY yes, I’ve been dying to tell you that sneakers are SO much better.



(Everyone gasps. Alyssa starts to give reasons why they are so much better. Then Maggie starts to give reasons why sneakers are so much better.



Alyssa: I can’t believe you like sneakers?!



Maggie (pausing): I’m going to bed



(Everyone else does, too. Maggie wakes up. Everyone is still asleep.)



Maggie: It's six a.m. and I'm wide awake

'Cause I can't stop thinking

About the stuff you'll say

And me and I, I can't let it slide



The paper's not here yet the sun's not up

But I'm not afraid to tell you what I feel inside

I had one of those dreams that make it all so



Clear to me now

I got a whole new perspective

It's so clear to me now

You can't treat me that way



It appears to me

How long you tried to make me think

It was me who was being the fake

So clear



Why did I smile when I hurt inside?

Said I was okay when I knew it's a lie

I wanted to believe in you



You took your chances and one was me

So I'll just forgive you and set you free

I'm on my way

Yeah I'm stepping out of the haze



And it's so clear to me now

I got a whole new perspective

It's so clear to me now

You can't treat me that way



It appears to me

How long you tried to make me think

It was me who was being the fake

So clear



I wanna put the past behind

Try and maybe I can find better days

The first time in a while

Think I even feel a smile on my face



I got a whole new perspective

You can't treat me that way



It's so clear to me now

I got a whole new perspective

It's so clear to me now

You can't treat me that way



It appears to me

How long you tried to make me think

It was me who was being the fake

So clear



Yeah, so clear

So clear, so clear

Ooh



Sun's going down on a Saturday

And I feel all right, I feel okay



(Maggie leaves without anyone knowing. Everyone wakes up wondering where Maggie is.)



Mini (waking Alyssa up): Alyssa? Where is Maggie?



Alyssa: Please don’t even say her name and, besides, she is right here.



(Alyssa puts her hand on the other side of her and feels that she is not there.)



Alyssa: Big deal, she went home. I’m going back to sleep.



Mini: Alyssa!



Alyssa: What? It’s not my fault. Which side are you going to be on Mini?







(Mini stays quiet. The sleepover ends.The scene changes to the school hallway, and Alyssa is telling Max what happened.)



Alyssa: I can’t believe she likes sneakers more than high heels.



Max: Well, um, Alyssa. . . .



Alyssa: And I know I’m going to have you on my side. Because obviously when me and Maggie get in fights your always on my side.



Max: Well, I am actually on -



Alyssa: My side!



Max: Could you just let me finish?!



Alyssa: You don’t have to. I know you’re going to be on my side, right. . . ?



Max: Actually, no.



Alyssa: What do you mean, no?



Max: I’m on Maggie’s side. Bye, Alyssa



(Max walks off stage.)



Alyssa: Did you forget

That I was even alive

Did you forget

Everything we ever had

Did you forget

Did you forget

About me



Did you regret

Ever standing by my side

Did you forget

What we were feeling inside

Now I'm left to forget

About us



But somewhere we went wrong

We were once so strong

Our love is like a song

You can't forget it



So now I guess

This is where we have to stand

Did you regret

Ever holding my hand

Never again

Please don't forget

Don't forget



We had it all

We were just about to fall

Even more in love

Than we were before

I won't forget

I won't forget

About us



But somewhere we went wrong

We were once so strong

Our love is like a song

You can't forget it



Somewhere we went wrong

We were once so strong

Our love is like a song

You can't forget it

At all



And at last

All the pictures have been burned

And all the past

Is just a lesson that we've learned

I won't forget

I won't forget us



But somewhere we went wrong

Our love is like a song

But you won't sing along

You've forgotten

About us



Alyssa: Goodbye Max.



(Alyssa goes off stage. Scene changes to Alyssa’s house.)



Mom: Is something wrong Alyssa?



Alyssa: Oh, nothing.



Mom: Are you sure?



Alyssa: Yeah, I’m sure.



(Scene changes to Maggie’s house. Maggie is on the phone with Mini.)



Mini: So don’t worry, I’m on your side. Also I heard that Max is on your side too.



Maggie: Max? I thought he and Alyssa had been friends since Kindergarten?



Mini: Yeah, they have.



Maggie: He really went on my side then Alyssa’s?



Mini: Yeah. But I heard that Alexa is on Alyssa’s side.



Maggie: Fine, Alexa can be that way.



Mini: Got to go, bye.



Maggie: Bye.



(They hang up on the phone.)



Maggie: Uh, why did this stupid fight have to happen?



(Maggie starts to sing “When it all falls apart.”)



Maggie: Too bad she’ll never forgive me. . . .



(Scene switches to Alyssa’s room.)



Alyssa: High Heals, Sneakers….a fight! What was I thinking?



Alyssa: I can almost see it

That dream I’m dreaming but

There’s a voice inside my head sayin,

You’ll never reach it,

Every step I’m taking, every move I make feels

Lost with no direction

My faith is shaking

but I got to keep trying

Got to keep my head held high



There’s always going to be another mountain

I’m always going to want to make it move

Always going to be an uphill battle,

Sometimes you going to have to lose,

Ain’t about how fast I get there,

Ain’t about what’s waiting on the other side

It’s The Climb



The struggles I’m facing, the chances I’m taking

Sometimes they knock me down but

No I’m not breaking

The pain I’m knowing but these are the moments that

I’m going to remember most yeah

Just got to keep going

And I, I got to be strong

Just keep pushing on



There’s always going to be another mountain

I’m always going to want to make it move

Always going to be an uphill battle,

Sometimes you going to have to lose,

Ain’t about how fast I get there,

Ain’t about what’s waiting on the other side

It’s the climb



There’s always going to be another mountain

I’m always going to want to make it move

Always going to be an uphill battle,

Sometimes you going to have to lose,

Ain’t about how fast I get there,

Ain’t about what’s waiting on the other side

It’s the climb



Keep on moving

Keep climbing

Keep the faith baby

It’s all about, it’s all about

The climb

Keep the faith, keep your faith



Alyssa: Too bad she’ll never forgive me after what I said. . . .



(The scene changes to the hallway. Alyssa and Maggie both come in. Maggie is walking one direction, Alyssa is walking the other and they pass each other. Everyone gasps. Alyssa comes in with Alexa and Maggie comes in with Max and Mini.)



Maggie: Uhh. . . .



Alyssa: Umm. . . .



Alexa and Mini (at same time to each other): Look what the wind blew in? Look what the cat dragged in?



Maggie and Alyssa (at the same time): It’s OK, I got this!



(Alyssa looks down at Maggie’s feet. She is wearing sneakers. Then Maggie looks down at Alyssa’s feet and sees she is wearing high heels.)



Alyssa: Soooo. . . .



Maggie: Awkward!



(They both laugh a little then look back at each other with a straight face.)



Alyssa: Hey, don’t laugh. I’m mad at you!



Maggie: Well, I’m mad at you!



(There’s a long pause. Then they start laughing.)



Maggie: Nothing can keep us apart.



Alyssa: Not even a pair of high heels and sneakers.



Maggie: Hug?



Alyssa: Hug!



(Everyone says Awww.)



Max: And I have to say something too. I wasn’t really on someone’s side.



Alyssa and Maggie (at the same time to Max): What?!



Alyssa and Maggie (at the same time to each other): What?!



Alyssa and Maggie (at the same time to Max): What?!



Max: I was trying to get you guys to realize how stupid this fight is.



Alyssa and Maggie (at the same time): Ohhh. . . .



Alyssa: Now there’s nothing like topping it off with a song!



Alyssa: You wake up, it's raining and it's Monday

Looks like one of those rough days

Time's up, you're late again, so get out the door

Sometimes you feel like running

Find a whole new life and jump in



Maggie: Let go, get up and hit the dance floor

But when the lights go down it's the ending of the show

And you're feeling like you got nowhere to go

Don't you know



Everyone: You can change your hair and you can change your clothes

You can change your mind, that's just the way it goes

You can say goodbye, you can say hello

But you'll always find your way back home

You can change your style, yeah your can change your jeans

You can learn to fly and you can chase your dreams

You can laugh and cry but everybody knows

You'll always find your way back home



Alyssa: Your best friends, your little hometown

Are waiting up wherever you go now

You know you can always turn around

Cause this world is big and it's crazy



Alexa: And this girl is thinking that maybe

This life is what some people dream about

Cause when I'm feeling down and I am all alone

I've always got a place where I can go

Cause I know



Everyone: You can change your hair and you can change your clothes

You can change your mind, that's just the way it goes

You can say goodbye, you can say hello

But you'll always find your way back home

You can change your style, yeah your can change your jeans

You can learn to fly and you can chase your dreams

You can laugh and cry but everybody knows

You'll always find your way back home



Alyssa: Where they know exactly who you are



Maggie: Back home where the real you is the superstar



Max: Back home, you know it's never too far away

Let me hear you say



Everyone: You can change your hair and you can change your clothes

You can change your mind, that's just the way it goes

You can say goodbye, you can say hello

But you'll always find your way back

You can change your hair and you can change your clothes

You can change your mind, that's just the way it goes

You can say goodbye, you can say hello

But you'll always find your way back home

You can change your style, yeah your can change your jeans

You can learn to fly and you can chase your dreams

You can laugh and cry but everybody knows

You'll always find your way back home

You'll always find your way back home

You'll always find your way back home



Article posted June 17, 2009 at 11:10 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 541



Article posted June 9, 2009 at 01:34 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 144

Cheergirl98-

we were both friends when we saw each other



Nickjonasluver16-

we’ve been through everything together

I know that we're best friends



Both- wooo WO ho



Nickjonasluver16-

cause best friends are always there for each other and I know that we will stay best friends



Cheergirl98(high)-

cause we will stay best friends forever!



Both-

cause we know that you're my best friend and nothing can tear us a-part and that will never change I love you like a sister and your amazing you can always depends on me woohoh!



Nickjonasluver16 (low)-

so when I see you I smile and wave up high



Cheergirl-

cause you're my best friend and we’ve been through lots of things I know that I can depend on you cause I'm begging you please stay my friend



Both-

cause we know that you're my best friend and nothing can tear us a-part and that will never change I love you like a sister and you're amazing you can always depends on me woohoh!


Podcast Play
Podcast Download

Article posted June 9, 2009 at 01:34 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 144



Article posted June 1, 2009 at 07:14 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 125

July 3rd



Dear Alli,



How’s it going at camp? It’s so sad that we can barley see each other through the summer. I mean, you’re in camp for about the whole summer, and I’m going to be in Hawaii for about another month. Wish you could be here with me, and I wish I could be there with you.



See you in August!



Sincerely,

Jessica



P.S Can’t wait until you get home because we have two weeks all to ourselves. But then school. :(



As you can see, I was writing to my best friend Alli because I’m in Hawaii and she is on the other side of the country in North Carolina for Sleep Away Camp. You see, we always hand out during the summers, but since we are going to sixth grade her mom wanted her to go to sleep away camp and my family planned for us to go to Hawaii for two months. Besides Alli not being here, I’m really enjoying Hawaii. It’s so beautiful! Especially the beaches. There was a mailbox outside our hotel. I licked the envelope and placed it in the mailbox. As I was walking back in to the lobby, I was thinking about tomorrow, 4th of July. But the only sad thing is, Alli is not here to spend it with me. Last year we would go on the deck of my house and watch the fireworks and she would usually sleepover. It was tradition.



Morning of 4th of July



I really thought it would take a couple of days for Alli to get my letter and send it back, but she must have really been expecting a letter because I got the letter today. I went out to my mom to tell her. She was sitting out on the beach.



“Hey, Mom, I got the letter back from Alli.” I ripped the envelope open. I read it out loud:



Dear Jessica,



Camp is going well. But it would be better if it was the both of us. Anyway, how is Hawaii? I told you it was beautiful too. And I forgot to tell you, happy 4th of July! I bet you will watch the fireworks much later than me because of the six hour time difference! Anyway, enjoy the fireworks!



Sincerely,



Alli :)

P.S You’re right, we do have two weeks to ourselves!



I ran into our hotel room and grabbed a pen as soon as I could. I got a piece of paper and wrote,



Dear Alli,



Happy 4th of July to you too! Hawaii is good and you were right, it is beautiful. It’s good to have a best friend who went to the same place as me. So, are you excited about sixth grade? Well, I think it will be a little weird because we were so used to being the oldest ones in the school, but now we’re going to be the youngest. Well, got to go have breakfast bye! :)



Sincerely,

Jessica



I ran to have breakfast and put my bathing suit on. Today we were just spending the day at the beach and the pool. I ran to my mom outside and put down a beach chair. I was trying to get a tan. I mean, I’m in Hawaii! I need to get a tan!



I don’t know how, but mine and Alli’s letters were getting to each other so fast! It was weird being away from Alli. We always spent the summers together. It started to get late but my family and I just kept sitting there for the fireworks. It started to get darker out. Then I heard a boom! The fireworks were starting! Oh! They were gorgeous! All the colors you could imagine and a pitch black night for the background! Oh, how beautiful were they. The fireworks ended late. It was getting around 10:00, but me and my parents were wide awake from the fireworks! We went to get Hawaiian ice creams. They were actually really good!



July 5th



The next morning I woke up and went outside to check the hotel mail. But there was nothing from Alli. Maybe the mail was slow?



July 6th



I went to check the mail. Nothing, again. Was Alli mad at me? Did I say something wrong in my letter? So I went to ask my mom. She didn't know why either.



July 7th



Nothing.



July 8th



SOMETHING!



Dear Jessica,



Sorry I haven't written in a long time. I haven't found a lot of time to write. How were the fireworks? Ours were good. Oh! And guess what? I met this girl, Lily, who will be going to our school next year, and we have been spending a lot of time together. She's a really nice girl. I can't wait for you to meet her. Well, I got to go. Me and Lily are going swimming in the lake.



Sincerly,

Alli



P.S Maybe next year we can all go to this camp! :-)



I had no idea what to write back. Was this girl Lily trying to replace me? Has Alli told her all about me and her secrets? I was getting worried. What was I supposed to write back to her “are you trying to replace me?” I was going to wait a day or two.



July 9th



Well, I got something from Alli today.



Dear I don't want to say your name because it's the weirdest name ever!



Let me just say something. You’re stupid, weird, gross, lame, and the worst friend anyone could ever have!



Alli



I just stood there with my mouth open. I could not believe my eyes. I did not understand why she wrote this. So I wrote back….



Dear Alli,



What did I do? I don’t understand why you are writing this. 



Jessica



North Carolina…….



“Hey, Lily, I got something back from Jessica.” Alli read it. “What am I talking about?”! What is she talking about?! While Alli was reading over the letter, Lily smiled.



Hawaii…



I have been very confused over the past couple of days. I just got the meanest letter from my best friend. And I had no idea what to write back. But, I got a letter back from her…



Dear Jessica,



What are you talking about?



Alli





So I grabbed a pen and wrote



Dear Alli,



The letter you wrote me where you said I was, mean, gross, stupid etc.



Jessica



Well, I got the letter back the next day. I think the mail man was getting annoyed at me and Alli with all these letters. Anyway, the letter said…



Dear Jessica,



I never wrote anything about that. I would never say anything like that.



Alli.



Dear Alli,



Well OK.



Jessica



I went on the beach and sat there in the sand for a little while. I was TOATALLY confused. But then I got a thought. Could someone else be writing these letters? Could Lily? - I knew it! She is sabotaging me and Alli’s letters. I knew this girl was trying to wreck me and Alli’s friendship.



Dear Alli,



I don’t think this girl Lily is so nice, because I think she is-



I crumpled up the piece of paper and threw it in the garbage. I can’t write a letter like that for two reasons. First reason, what if Lily reads it and throws it away so Alli won’t see it. And second, Alli wouldn’t believe me. I mean really think about it, what was I supposed to write? Dear Alli, I think your friend Lily is trying to sabotage our friendship. Then she would think that I’m trying to sabotage her friendship with Lily? Uh! Like I said, this is confusing. No this is REALLLY CONFUSING! So I thought about it a little and I wrote…



Dear Alli,



Just wondering has anyone else been reading our letters besides us?



Jessica



I went to put it in the mailbox.



Next Day



Well, I got a really simple letter back from Alli. All it said was “no.”



A couple of days have past and I and Alli haven’t been writing to each other that much. I bet she was just as confused as I was.



Well, it’s been two months. We were on the way back to New York. Alli was getting back a day earlier than I was. When we finally got off the plane ride, got our luggage, and we got home, Alli was waiting for me in the driveway. I opened the car door and ran to her. At the same time we both said, “I have so much to tell you.” We laughed.



“Jessica I would like you to meet Lily.



“Hi Jessica. I have heard so much about you.”



I could see the little evil in her eyes.



“I have heard so much about you too,” I said in a not so nice voice.



“Wel,l anyway,” said Alli, “Let’s go celebrate with ice cream.”



We all walked down to the ice cram parlor.



“So, Jessica,” said Alli. “I never wrote you that letter. I mean I would NEVER write that about you.”



“Oh, I know you would never write that about me,” I said looking at Lily. Lily looked at me in a not so nice way and I looked back.



We got to the ice cream parlor.



“Um, hey, Alli and Lily, why don't you guys go get us some drinks next door.”



We left the ice cream parlor.



“Okay, Lily, you can dropt the act.”



“What act?”



“Oh, I know you are trying to get me and Alli not to be friends again.” Before she got to say something I said, “I also know you were the one who wrote that letter about me.”



“Okay, look, Alli, say goodbye to your best friend Alli. I’m taking her away.”



“Oh, you know I could just walk in to the ice cream store and tell Alli everything you just said,” I said.



“Oh, you wouldn’t want to do that.”



“Why wouldn't I?”



“Because I and Alli have spent two straight complete months with each other. And she thinks that if you go and tell her that, then she will think that you are trying to mess up our friendship.”



I tried to say something, but she interrupted me. She said, “You can’t out smart me.”



She gave me an evil smile. She was right, I couldn’t out smart her.



“No,” I said.



“No. . .what?”



“You are not taking my best friend away from me. I don’t care what you say. I’m going to tell Alli the truth about you.” I walked out of there.



“Alli, I need to talk to you.”



“What is it?”



“Your friend Lily is not so nice. And I have proof.”



What Lily didn’t know was I had a recorder on my phone and I recorded everything she said. Alli listened. Lily came into the store.



“Looks like I out smarted you.” I showed her that I taped everything.



She said. “I can’t believe you did this.”



“Well, nothing can break me and Jessica’s friendship. Let’s go Jessica.”



And we walked out of the ice cream parlor.

Article posted June 1, 2009 at 07:14 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 125



Article posted June 1, 2009 at 02:41 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 123

Have you ever seen graffiti and felt so mad, because people are making your town look not nice? Well, I have! People should stop doing graffiti!



To start with, it doesn’t make the town look nice. Whenever I’m in the car with my mom, sometimes I see graffiti on the walls of a building. I mean, it makes the town look not nice and clean. If people just built a new, nice, and beautiful building and people go and write graffiti on it, the nice, new building won’t look so beautiful anymore.



Another reason is you can’t get it off the walls. When someone is writing on the walls, it’s almost impossible to get it off! Once my friend went to clean up her fence because it had graffiti on it, and she tried to get it off, but she couldn’t!



Most importantly, if people see it they will do it too! When a teenager sees his friend do it, the teenager will think that since his friend is doing it, he will think it’s cool, and he will start to do it too! And who wants more graffiti?



The people who do graffiti might do it because maybe they think it’s art, and they think it’s cool. But I think they’re still wrong because even though they think it’s art work, it’s going to make other people do it. It makes our town look dirty, and it’s impossible to get off!



So if you see someone doing graffiti tell them to stop! Stop graffiti today!

Article posted June 1, 2009 at 02:41 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 123



Article posted May 29, 2009 at 02:30 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 132

Have you ever seen a masterpiece of art made out of books? Well, I have never seen it before. Brian Dettmer form Atlanta has always used different kind of materials for his artwork, such as maps, record albums, and cassette tapes. But, 5 years ago the talented artist started making an art piece with old books! How does he do it? To start with, he starts by sealing the books so that his master piece will not fall apart. “After that, he goes about skillfully sculpting the book in way that its subject matter is apparent to the viewer without ever opening a single page.” Complicated right? I don’t think I could ever do this! His latest of art pieces which are thousands of dollars are seen in art gallerias. Go check them out!



I think that it’s really cool that he is making an art piece made out of books. I never knew that you could do that. Like I said, I don’t think I could do it!



[LINK]

Article posted May 29, 2009 at 02:30 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 132



Article posted May 15, 2009 at 02:31 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 170

How would you like to go to spend six months in a beautiful 3 bedroom house, go catch fish, and take videos in Australia? And get paid for doing it? I know I would like it. This is what Ben Southwall is doing! Isn’t he lucky?! He gets the opportunity to do this because, he was was "recently appointed caretaker of the Great Barrier Reef Islands by the Queensland Tourism Board.” The duties of a caretaker are very easy. He/She has to explore the beautiful island and write a weekly blog recording the experience via video or pictures. The employer also arranges flights to various islands. If the caretaker wanted to, he/she could feed the fish, help clean the pool by picking out leafs that fall, or picking up the mail. All for that, the caretaker will be paid an $110,000 salary!



I think I would REALLY like this job! You get paid for just doing a little bit of work and a WHOLE lot of relaxing and enjoying the beautiful island!



[LINK]

Article posted May 15, 2009 at 02:31 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 170



Article posted May 11, 2009 at 03:39 PM GMT0 • comment (4) • Reads 120

How I Got Rid Of My Teacher 2



Hey, it’s Megan. You guys might have heard the teacher that I got rid of Ms.. . .uh, well, you know her name, the really long name. Well, the story is NOT over just yet, because things did not get any better. They got WORSE.



It was a Tuesday morning, and Mr. Stockfofruit, our principal, walked in.



“Class, as you may know your teacher, Ms. whatever her name is, got fired.”



The class cheered.



“But you will have a substitute.”



The class stopped cheering as soon as they heard the word “Substitute.” Now, I don’t believe in the word “Substitute” because the last time we ever had a “Substitute” the class. . . .Well, let’s just say the almost half of her hair came off because one of the kids in my class had scissors and. . . .Why don’t I just stop there.



Well, anyway, a beautiful lady came. She had beautiful blond hair and a big smile on her face. She had a bag with her. In it were cupcakes and games. I thought to myself, “Maybe this will turn out good?” Mr. Stockfofruit said, “Everyone, I would like you to meet Mrs. Smiles.”



“I would just like to say it is an honor teaching you,” said Mrs. Smiles.



She wrote her name on the chalk board.



“Well, I better leave you to teaching,” our principal said. He left. She smiled at us. And we smiled back. The class was silent for a little while. You could hear a pin drop. She sat down. Seven minutes passed by. My friend Sally was next to me. She whispered, “Hey Megan, 10 minutes have almost passed. I mean, are we just going to sit here or do something.”



“I have no clue.”



I had no idea what Mrs. Smiles was up to. All she was doing was smiling at us. Then she turned her head to me. She stared and smiled at me for a good 5 minutes. I did not have a good feeling about this. Then she wrote something on the board. I couldn’t really see what she was writing because she was blocking the board, but then I saw something she wrote on the board. She wrote, “Do this now.” Then she moved out of the way. Then I saw what she wrote underneath that. What she wrote was “x+9=7+5+p-g+9+=__” I thought this lady is crazy!



I told myself this problem is not for me! So I didn’t do it. But then the strangest thing happened. I made myself grab the pencil. But I didn’t do it. I mean I did it, but I felt like I wasn’t the one controlling myself. Then it happened again with me and my notebook. I took a deep breath and tried to put my notebook and pencil down, but I couldn’t! Definitely Mrs. Smiles was doing this. But how? And I bet Mrs. Smiles isn’t even her name!



Mrs. Smiles came over to me and whispered in my ear in a mean voice, “Having trouble with something?”



“Okay, why can’t I control myself?” I said while writing down the problem.



“You’ll see.”



She went over to the black board and wrote, “Stop.” I finally was able to let go of the pencil. Then I figured it out. Whatever Mrs. Smiles wrote on the board would come true!



I whispered to Sally, “I don’t think this teacher is as nice as she seems to be.”



“Why do you think that?"



"Now class, I'm not who you think I am." She took off her gloves. Long nails came out. She took off her hat. Green hair! I looked at the cupcakes she brought. They had turned into slugs!



“RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!" I screamed! Everyone raced to the doors, they were locked down!



Mrs. Smiles (which I really don't think her name was), her voce started to sound really squeaky.



I went over to Sally. "THAT’S why. And I think she is a --



"Hush! There will be no talking in my class! Oh, and yes, were you about to say A WITCH, Megan? Well, you'd be correct!" She laughed.



"Oh! And you can call me Mrs. Witch."



"Wow, you have really simple names." I said. “Oh, yeah, and one more question,” I said. “What was up with the chalkboard thingy?”



“Oh, you see, my dear, that’s how I get started.”



“Okay?”



“You see, it’s in my substitute/witch book.” She took out a pot.



“What are you doing with that pot?”



“Now which one of you should I cook up? Perhaps all of you?!” The class screamed.



“I’ll be right back.” Mrs. Witch yelled. The door closed.



“Okay, what are we going to do?” I asked.



“We have the weirdest teachers ever,” said a boy named John in my class.



Sally stood up, “Are we having her for the rest of the school year?”



I said back, “We might not even have her for the next few hours because we might get eaten.”



“There has to be someway out,” Sally said.



“Hey, look!” said Tyler, one kid in my class. “There’s her broom stick.”



“So?”



“So, her broomstick must be powerful, so there could be a chance we can get out of here.”



“That might be actually not a bad idea.”



So I made my way over to the broomstick. There was a power button. I pressed it a button called “fly mode.” It didn’t budge.



“I think she put a lock on this.”



“Wow, she really thought this plan out” said Sally.



I was still sitting on the broom. Then I heard a SNAP.



“Uh, oh.” The broom snapped like a twig.



“This can’t be good.” I fell to the ground.



“Quick” said Sally. “I think the witch is coming. Put it in the supply closet.”



“Good thinking.” I rushed my way over to the supply closet and threw the broom in. “Quick, act natural.” Everybody went to there seat and started whistling.



The witch came in.



“I was gone for 5 minutes to go look for an ingredient, and why do I come back to all of the class whistling. . . ? Must be a human thing.”



“Did you find the ingredient?” I asked.



“No, but I might just have some in my bag.” She went in to her bag, and asked a question that I was hoping she would never ask. “Where is my broom?” I and my class were speechless.



“We don’t know. It’s not like we ever touched it.” I said. The witch came right over to me and looked at me straight in the eye.



“I did not touch it.”



“You filthy kids hid it didn’t you? Well, guess what, your plan is ruined, because I will find it, that broom. And also I bet you don’t know that witches have an excellent sense of smell. I have been with my broom FOREVER so I have an EXCELLENT sense of smell for my broom.



She went sniffing around. She got to the closet. She took a big sniff at the closet. But then she went on to the next place. Then she came back to the closet. She put her hand on the door knob. And did the worst thing I could’ve imagined. . . .She opened the door! She saw her broom and picked it up, but she could only pick up half of it because it was broken.



She did NOT look happy at all.



“WHO BROKE MY BROOM?!” The whole school shook, she shouted so loud. Our principal came in.



“Mrs. Smiles was that coming from --.” He saw Mrs. Witch. “By any chance, what is going on here?”



“I can explain.”



“That’s what they all say. Goodbye whatever your name is.” The class cheered. And that’s how I got rid of my teacher. . .AGAIN!













Article posted May 11, 2009 at 03:39 PM GMT0 • comment (4) • Reads 120



Previous Entries All Entries       All Titles

About the Blogger

Books I’ve read:

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog
See other books we’ve read HERE

I'm SMART and I have my Internet Driver's License!

smart

Get "AnswerTips" about ANY word on this website by double clicking the word!

Latest 10 Comments
Login
Copyright (c) 2014 by CheerGirl98 Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister