Article posted March 28, 2012 at 06:39 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 108

The theme of my book, Jane, is love. There is a girl named Jane and she loves Nico Rathburn her employer. Nico Rathburn is rockstar on the brink of a major comeback. He has a girlfriend, but that is what Jane thinks. He soon breaks up with her and tells Jane he loves her. He proves that by proposing to her. Something happens though and Jane leaves. He loves her and searches for her, but doesn’t find her. Is he in love with her enough to keep searching for her though? Read Jane to find out. 

Article posted February 3, 2012 at 02:19 AM GMT • comment • Reads 41

We can learn a lot from monks and nuns. Monks and nuns were very religious. They had a lot of work, strict schedules, and limted contact with the outside world. They contributed to religion and helping others. They really were strong and I am very awed at what they did evey day. I admire them very much.

Article posted January 24, 2012 at 06:19 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 50

I don't know of a real life situation where pressure it put on someone to get the last thing right, or score the last goal. When it does happen though it is very hard for the person who has all that pressure on them. It might be up to them, but we don't have to put the spotlight on them. If they get it right or score the goal then be sure to tell them thank you. If they miss then tell them that it was alright and that they can do it next time.

Article posted January 18, 2012 at 07:51 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 47

We should kind-of expect them to be role models. A lot of kids will look up to them, so they need to be  good person. We shouldn't totally expect them to be good, though. They are their own person. 

We shouln't judge very harshly on their athletic performance. They should be good athletes, but we shouldn't be judgemental.

Predjudice take take place in school or in another public place. Prejudice is when someone is treated unfairly because of what they look like, or what they believe in. If someone is jugded based on what they get from their first impression, they may prejudice them. If someone has a religous practice that most people don't believe in they could be prejudiced. Please don't prejudice! It's unfair!

Article posted January 6, 2012 at 02:48 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 46

This year I have several goals. One is to be gain more friends. A way to gain more friends is to help others. My Academic goal is to keep a high 90 in all my classes. To attain this goal I should do my homework and listen in class. My spiritual Goal is to become a better Christian. To attain this goal I should read my bible and  pray often. 

Phon Yang changed from what she learned in the movie A Girl Who Spelled Freedom. At first she was trying to get her kids out of Cambodia and into a refugee camp in Thailand. She got a flight to America where she was paired up with the Thrashes, a family who wanted to help protect one of the refugee families. The Thrashes took Phon and her six kids to the doctor, and he had to give them lots of medicine especially the youngest. She didn’t like it when the Thrashes tried to give the youngest kid medicine, and she tried to hoard the food given to them because she didn’t realize there was plenty of it. She changed because she learned to trust and allow other people to help her.

We went to the little creek often in the summer. We would wear clothes that you could swim in, and our moms asked why we wore them but we said it was because we wanted to keep cool. What we really did was swim in the creek then play in the meadow until we dried off. Our moms would always wonder why we were gone so long, we said we lost track of time.

After a week or two of that, our mom’s finally gave us alarm clock that rang after one hour. We decided that we would have to see how long it took to dry off. It took at least fifteen minutes depending on how wet we were. If we were soaking wet it might take thirty minutes. So only on the really hot days we got soaking wet. The other days we only splashed around.

My friend asked her dad for the scrap wood he had when he was finished with his projects {such as the front porch bench}. She told him that she was building something for us to share. When we had enough wood she got a hammer and some nails. We took them out to the creek and we made a bridge. It wasn’t the best but it could hold both of us long enough to cross it.

Every fall we would always get flowers for our centerpiece. Our moms wondered where we got them and we said we got them from. We said, “The woods.” Like it was so obvious. After our mom’s would say, “All right.” As if they really believed us. We were constantly going back to the meadow {which is where the flowers really came from} and our moms would wonder why we were always in the woods.

Chapter 2

The Greenhouse Adventure

We always were going places, Jewel and I. We loved to take adventures to places that we had never been to before. I was usually the one who suggested ideas for the first year or so, but we always had more fun with the ideas she suggested. So, I gave up that job and let her do it.

I was born on July 4, 1998. I was eight pounds, four ounces. After I was born they found something wrong with my head. I had to have several tests and some scans. They found out that I was born with brain cancer.

While I was there I met a girl who had brain cancer as well. Our mothers came often to the hospital to check on us. Several times we tried to reach out to one another. Our mothers requested for us to be put next to each other, as that is what I'm told.

After about a year in the hospital we both were allowed to go home. Little did I know my friend from the hospital lived right down the road in the neighborhood. As we grew older we played together more and more often.

As little kids our parents didn’t trust us much on our own, but we went over to each other’s houses often. Once my friend and I were playing in my backyard and we went into the trees behind our house and we found a little creek. Beyond the creek we saw a meadow full of tall grass and flowers.

We went back to the house that day thinking we should tell our moms what we found. We didn’t though because we thought that if we did we would be banned from going back.

My library would have all the books from around the world. There would be multiple copies of each book. There would be at least 100 chairs for people to sit and read.

When you came in the door there would be a machine that you could tell it what type of book you wanted and it would take you to that section. If you said the author it would also take you there.

I would have multiple sections for young kids, kids, teens, young adults, adults, and reference. In the kids section there would several computers and plenty of young kids books. In the kids section there would be beginning chapter books and several computers. In the teens section there would be thicker books. In the young adults section there would be a lot of romance novels and long novels. In the adults section there would be thick novels and lots of comedies. In the reference section there would be lots of reference books for all types of information.