Copyright (c) 2014 by KR Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
KR -- Blogmeister

7th period Spring 2013

by KR

Article posted May 10, 2013 at 03:27 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 197

Changing the world is a highly discussed topic. It includes hard work, determination, sometimes money, and good heart and mind to do it. The world is not perfect and there are many places that need to be helped or changed. For example some of the places on the list are Third World Countries. If any of you don't know what Third World Countries are they are places that do not have the luxuries of America. Some countries that are third world are Haiti, Somalia, Tanzania, Afghanistan, Liberia, and more. These countries average income a year is what americans can make in a month. Most of the houses in these countries have houses with no running water or indoor plumbing. Their houses are one roomed and mnay people live in them at one time. In America houses are at least 2 floors and 5 rooms equipped with a kitchen and bathroom. We are living a luxury life compared to the people out there. If we were to give a dollar or even two to help the people we probably could provide that one family with food. We could send their children to school and help them learn and have a better life than their parents. Statistics show if we were more conscious with our food and shared it no one would be hungry again. We just have to share and mabye the world would be out of poverty. We also have to learn to not take things for granted. Be conscious about that half eaten burger you just through away becasue somehwere that could be someones dinner for a week. My plan to change the world is to help poeple become conscious of what they throw away and save and share to help other people.

I think what Oprah did for those girls was amazing. Just looking at their lives makes us realize that we take so much for granted. Some girls had to bring back 5 gallons of water on their head. Most of the girls did not have indoor plumbing either. It shows how different their lives are from ours because when we get thirsty we go to our refrigerator and grab a bottle of Smart Water or when we have to wash our hands or use the bathroom we go to a comfortable room in our huge house and use it. Most of us live in country clubs or suburbs and we don't know what it feels like to have nothing. I think we should really be grateful and thank God everyday for the thinsg we do have.

Article posted May 2, 2013 at 04:15 PM GMT0 • comment (3) • Reads 88

My article talked about the supects about the Boston bombing. This relates to the real world because of the Boston Marathon Bombing. The Boston Marathon Bombing was a terrible event that left many poeple injured and some were even killed. Many amputaions were made because of the atack. Our police are finally getting down and have narrowed down three suspects. Hopefully the killer will be brought to justice. This relates to the Renaissance because there were terror attacks back then. Also amputations and they also wanted to bring criminals to justice.

I think that the difference between religion and spirituality is that religion is what you believe in. Like our relgion is Christianity. As Christians we believe that God so loved the world that he gave his only son to die on the cross for our sins. Spirituality is how you feel about somethings or how you feel about what you believe in. I do no think there is that much of a difference between the two. I think they go hand in hand with each other.

A world without picture would be very different from how it is now. For example in modern times it seems like everytime we go to a restaurant we take out our smart phone and take a picture of food and post it on instagram. Back then when pictures were invented they were only paintings and only rich people could afford them. They were still a great phenomenon because now people could remember things like how people looked or a piece of scenery. It was a great honor and very expensive to get a picture done of yourself. Now all we have to do is flip out a phone or camera and take a picture for free. I think that  a world without pictures would be like the Renaissance or before the Renaissance.

During our study of the Middle Ages i've learned many things about that time period. I've learned that some of the stuff that they used back then we use it now. For example mint and ginger they used mint for bad breath and they used ginger for upset stomachs. Does that ring a bell? We chew MINT gum to freshen our breath and we use GINGER ale when we have a stomach ache. We also use wheelbarrows in our gardens the Middle Ages had a very big influnce on our world. Some people call them the dark ages but I think that it is when the light was shone on so many possibilities for expantion and evolution. The Middle Ages were a very important time in history and I think we can all learn something from them

I think culture is something that has been passed on from generation to generation. It started with something small and it grew and grew into something really big. Its like a flower it once it is planted it needs to develop into something bigger and eventually it will be beautiful. For example some Spanish cultures celebrate Cinco De Mayo probabaly because one person or a group of people thought it would be respectful for them to honor the dead. That eventually caught on and now some cities in Mexico celebrate it every year. That is how powerful culture can be it can start from a little group of people and turn into big cities celebrating it everywhere. That is what culture is to me. :)

Mighty Miss Malone

I read the book called Mighty Miss Malone and one of the themes was hope and perseverance. Mighty Miss Malone is about a girl named Deza and she has to move from Gary, Indiana all the way to Flint, Michigan. Her dad got hurt in a boating accident and he moved to Flint to find work to help their family keep the house. Deza, her mom, and her brother Jimmy go to Flint to find her father. Will they find him if you want to find out read the book.

Medieval Weapons and War Tactics

The weapon you were given depended on what social class you were. If you were lower class your weapons ranged from pole arms, battle axes, longbows and more. The Knights however used medieval swords, shields, and they were trained to use lances. Every knight had training with the lance, sword, and dagger before they even stepped on the battlefield. One of the war tactics of their time was surrounding the city and cutting off all food supply until they surrendered. They also ran with long spears to counter a cavalry charge.

Sources:

Book: Medieval Weapons and Warfare

Internet Source: Wikipedia: Medieval Warfare

URL: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medieval_warfare#Strategy_and_tactics

Internet Source: Middles Ages Weapons

URL: http://www.meddle-ages.org.uk/middle-ages-weapons.htm

Article posted February 2, 2012 at 02:04 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 70

What goes through a person's mind at a moment when success or failure depends upon them?

That person would feel pressure on their shoulders from people depending on them.  I think they would feel like the weight of the world was on top of them.  They would probably feel very tense and as if everyone was watching them.  When people are faced with that challenge, I think that they should have fun and do their best because no one can be mad at you for doing your best.